vmax

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

Stop blowing smoke Watkins.  Lamar doesnt have close to the passing skills of Mahomes.

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

Stop blowing smoke Watkins.  Lamar doesnt have close to the passing skills of Mahomes.

He threw for more TD's in 2019than Mahomes with less weapons to throw to..He's got skills and is just as much a playmaker as Mahomes,

42 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

So you are saying those throws are still there for the taking?  It seems to me that in 2020 those throws were taken away and Lamar didnt take those open outside throws.

He had 2 players to throw to. Brown and Andrews. Teams took those 2 away so he had nothing.

I do agree that Lamar has to get the outside throws down. He has the receivers this year in Watkins, Bateman and Wallace. Brown is also looking better as a route runner and getting off defenders.

Wide receiver Marquise Brown came to training camp last season talking about his new muscular body, but few people saw the difference it made in his play.

But you can see it now. Brown, in his third season, is more physical at the line of scrimmage and able to get off press coverage easier. On several plays in the slot, he has knocked away cornerbacks with his hands, threw them to the inside on a quick spin then bolted to the outside for 10-yard receptions.

Brown couldn’t do that in his first two seasons. Not only has he gotten stronger, but also received better coaching with two new assistants in Tee Martin and Keith Williams...Mike Preston’s Ravens training camp observations on the offensive line rotation, Marquise Brown’s physicality, depth at corner and more | COMMENTARY (msn.com)

The weapons are there. No excuses for Lamar this year. At the moment I'd say he's fucking up a great opportunity for the Ravens offense because he would not get vaccinated. So...strike one. I'm not happy.

More camp day 2 news...

Multiple Ravens step up on second day of 2021 training camp (msn.com)

9 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

There were open throws out there last yr that he did not take.  That is on the QB.  Now will Lamar start to take those shots to push the ball down the field?  If not now it will be never.

He's already shot himself in the foot on being able to do that with confidence, good timing and chemistry. That's developed in camp. He's not there.

2 hours ago, vmax said:

NFL network will cover the Ravens from 6-7pm today.

We can watch tonight's scrimmage starting at 6pm on the Ravens website or on their app. Search around. They said we could during yesterdays podcast.

Ravens Home | Baltimore Ravens – baltimoreravens.com

Watching it on something called Facebook watch had no idea we had it, but it's on the big screen..

Hope all is well all.

Good to hear from you crav. That was a great 2 hour Ravens fix for this fan.:gorave:

OK....remember the pads were not on and the defense basically couldn't use their hands. The pads don't go on  until Tuesday so things will heat up and change then. But for now...wow!

Bateman beat Humphry deep for a beautiful TD grab from Huntley.

Both QB's looked sharp...but they had time to throw, which I don't think they will once the pads go on. Right now I think the Ravens could win with either one if Lamar should go down.

Dobbins is at another level. He caught everything and found the running lanes with a burst.

Andrews and Oliver looked good. You have to wonder how many TE's and Receivers the Ravens will carry, because these guys are good. Odd to say something like that after all these years.

Proche stole the show IMO. He was always open, caught everything and looked like he could take it to the house every catch.

They were shuffling a lot of players all over the O line so...from what I saw, when the pads go on the bubble guys fighting for a spot will get slaughtered in pass protection. Stanley was on the field but not dressed. Cleveland is one big man and held his own, Bozeman snapped the ball well and held the center. 

Odafe is so damn fast. He first step is quicker than Boulware's was. He's all business. You can tell he's learning all he can from Campbell and that he can't wait for Houston to get here so he can learn from him. Check out his presser. I think he can be a star. He ran down Huntly who is very fast. He beat his man on the edge. He's got that "McCrary" serious, focused look.

Watkins looked great. Caught everything and immediately found the running lanes for YAC yards. The Ravens are deep at receiver IMO...then again...let's see them when the pads are on.

See the source image

:gorave:

The addition (of Houston)  works well for the Ravens’ odds of success in 2021. A team that was listed as having a 50.2 percent chance of winning the AFC North and an 81.3 percent chance of making the playoffs — per CBS Sports stats analyst Stephen Oh — now sees their chances of winning the division buoy to 65.3 percent and their playoff odds move north to 83.2 percent. Their chances of winning the Super Bowl also jumped 1.5 points — from 9.1 to 10.6 percent.

How many sacks to you think Houston will get? He had 8 last year in 13 games.

Justin Houston Stats, News, Bio | ESPN      Justin Houston Stats | ESPN

Childs Walker: Houston projects to give the Ravens a needed dose of production at a reasonable price, but it’s hard to say this edge group is more talented than last year’s, at least until we see what Oweh can do as a pass rusher in live NFL action. We’ve seen promising signs from Oweh, who has outmaneuvered veteran linemen in one-on-one drills and showed off his otherworldly speed as a run defender. Nonetheless, the Ravens lost their best edge defender in Matthew Judon, who didn’t often defeat blockers straight up but compensated with his versatility and intensity.......Ravens training camp roundtable: Answering questions about edge rushers, biggest surprises, best position battle and more (msn.com)

#27 J.K. Dobbins, RB, catches the ball during a drill on the third day of practice in the Ravens 2021 training camp at the Under Armour Performance Center. July 30, 2021

Edited by vmax

24 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

And Brown's hammy is worse than they thought.. Wonderful

Boykin is hurt and Bateman is out. :nono:

Ravens wide receivers Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, Rashod Bateman and Miles Boykin missed part or all of Monday’s training camp practice with injuries that could limit their growth in the team’s developing passing game.

Brown, who was one of the Ravens’ top players when camp opened Wednesday, has not practiced since leaving the field Thursday with what coach John Harbaugh called a hamstring injury. It’s unclear when he’ll return, but he’s unlikely to be available for the start of padded practices Tuesday....Injuries mount for Ravens wide receivers as training camp hits new gear - Baltimore Sun

We won't see the Ravens starting offensive line up until opening day.

:bow:

There's no better ball hawk in the game today than Marcus Peters. There's no better ball hawk in NFL history than Ed Reed.

In Monday's practice, Peters provided a throwback to the Hall of Famer with an interception and lateral for what would have been a touchdown.

Five days into training camp, it was the first interception the defense has gotten in 11-on-11 work, and it wasn't surprising that it came from Peters. He came out of nowhere to pick off Trace McSorley's pass as the quarterback scrambled to his right. The three-time Pro Bowl cornerback then weaved his way across the field before seeing Chuck Clark trailing for the pitch. Harbaugh also joked that Peters is on the (short) list of players who he's fine with lateralling the ball after an interception..:fishin:......Practice Report: Marcus Peters Looks Like Ed Reed With Interception and Lateral (baltimoreravens.com)

On 8/1/2021 at 2:06 PM, tsylvester said:

Not to rain on a parade, but Devard Darling, Clarence Moore, & a host of other wide outs looked great in practice.

Agreed, a ton of WR's looked great in practice. Moore was great on Special Teams but I get your point. Don't let carv see you bad mothing Darling.

14 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Tsy what are your thoughts at this point about Oweh to this point?  He has shown freakish ability.  Obviously its early but so far so good.

You didn't ask me! You didn't ask me! You must think I have low acumen (DISCERNMENT, DISCRIMINATION, PERCEPTION, PENETRATION, INSIGHT, ACUMEN mean a power to see what is not evident to the average mind.) Mine is not an average mind!

:bleh: Unasked opinion: I trust Eric and Wink. They will make him great. He has the right attitude, work ethic and mindset. Right now: A Work of Art in Progress.

Edited by vmax

:gorave: 

• On the first play of 11-on-11 work in pads, rookie guard Ben Cleveland put an outside linebacker on his back with a run block. He also won multiple other run blocks. As Head Coach John Harbaugh said after Tuesday's practice, Cleveland has some pass protection sets to clean up, but the man does not move backwards in run blocking. He has good feet and the strength is obviously there. It seemed impossible, but Cleveland looked even bigger in pads....10 Observations From Ravens’ First Practice in Pads (baltimoreravens.com)