ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Underdogs To Broncos

vmax

4 hours ago, vmax said:

That was sweet! The team wanted it and Harbaugh ok'd it. Great for team unity and pride...and trust and togetherness

“Harbaugh said the 100-yard rushing streak is meaningful for team and it was 100 pct his decision to not take knee. “As a head coach, I think you do that for your players and you do that for your coaches. It’s something they’ll remember for the rest of your lives.””

If bell had been on the bench and Williams was out there the 100 yds would have been done early in the 4th if not earlier.

27 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

It's what I expected(Ravens win). But I expected a 30 points from the Ravens. Donkeys scored early and we shut them down.

Yeah that first drive by Denver was worrisome, they ran right over the defense. But then.... Nice recovery by the defense.

7 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

If bell had been on the bench and Williams was out there the 100 yds would have been done early in the 4th if not earlier.

Agree. Also it was so spotty as to how they used the Backyard Dogs that I wondered what the hell are they doing. Bell is not a fit for this rushing scheme that requires you to go north with a full head of stream. Stutter steps don't work. 

55 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Yeah that first drive by Denver was worrisome, they ran right over the defense. But then.... Nice recovery by the defense.

I was worried too. and like you said, the defense clamped down....that is everybody except Queen. He's a definite liability.

For the game the Broncos ran for 106 yards on 16 carries for a 6.1ypc.

Long time coming. :yeah:Two Thumbs Up! 

Of course, Brown had the catch of the day, diving and hauling in a 49-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter. But James Proche II had five catches for 74 yards and Sammy Watkins had four for 49 yards. Speedster Devin Duvernay had three for 31 yards. In other words, Jackson and the Ravens spread the ball around...Mike Preston: With QB Lamar Jackson’s improvement, the Ravens are flipping their identity | COMMENTARY - Baltimore Sun

It's only one game yet it is a goal that everybody has been hoping to see and bear fruit. If the Ravens can get consistent here then "Fine. Sell out to stop the run and lose." Lamar looked good and threw effectively to all areas of the field. Andrews made key catches in the middle because LB's can't cover him. Brown took the top off the defenses because CB's can't match his speed. Watkins, Duverney and Proche made plays everywhere in the short game. Duvenery and Proche's work is paying off. Lamar has serious weapons and options. Most importantly the O line gave Lamar time. It takes everybody working together to have this kind of success.

2 hours ago, vmax said:

Long time coming. :yeah:Two Thumbs Up! 

It's only one game yet it is a goal that everybody has been hoping to see and bear fruit. If the Ravens can get consistent here then "Fine. Sell out to stop the run and lose." Lamar looked good and threw effectively to all areas of the field. Andrews made key catches in the middle because LB's can't cover him. Brown took the top off the defenses because CB's can't match his speed. Watkins, Duverney and Proche made plays everywhere in the short game. Duvenery and Proche's work is paying off. Lamar has serious weapons and options. Most importantly the O line gave Lamar time. It takes everybody working together to have this kind of success.

Game 4 we are showing signs of life in the passing departmery, Lamar spreading the love around to multiple targets. Now, who's the odd man out when Bateman is ready?

1 hour ago, cravnravn said:

Game 4 we are showing signs of life in the passing departmery, Lamar spreading the love around to multiple targets. Now, who's the odd man out when Bateman is ready?

My guess is Proche. Who has developed a terrific work ethic and skills. He will start on many teams when he becomes a FA. Duverney has too much speed and ST value. Great problem to have.

Telling...

RB Javonte Williams

On his 33-yard run breaking through defenders

"On the run, I think [the defender] tried to go for the ball instead of trying to tackle me. He just jumped my back, and I kept going.".....What the Broncos Said After Ravens’ Win (baltimoreravens.com)

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJiMDE1NDA4MmM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_UY100_CR30,0,100,100_AL_.jpg "Let's see what the Bronco Nation has to say....

The final insult for the Broncos on a maddening Sunday afternoon that started with so much optimism came in the final minute of a 23-7 seemed-more-lopsided-than-it-was loss to Baltimore.

As the fans dressed in orange and blue filed out to fight traffic, Ravens fans remained and serenaded their players, each other and the Broncos with their traditional “Seven Nations Army” hype song.

Yep, in their stadium, the Broncos had to listen to another team’s chant, a sucker punch to end a gut-punch type of day when they lost quarterback Teddy Bridgewater to a first-half concussion, failed to create a turnover, surrendered five sacks, allowed 405 yards, went 3 of 14 on third down and punted 10 times....:ohmy:...Analysis: Broncos offense struggled, but defense wasn't much better in loss to Baltimore (denverpost.com)

Edited by vmax

Coach Fangio is blowing his top over the last play, clwiming player safety, & I agree to some point. But if he were that concerned over player ssfety, why not take a knee on his team's final drive down by so much that one more score would not matter?

Side note, Bills tied a Ravens defensive record with their 2nd shut out in their first four games. Can they keep it up?

3 hours ago, vmax said:

My guess is Proche. Who has developed a terrific work ethic and skills. He will start on many teams when he becomes a FA. Duverney has too much speed and ST value. Great problem to have.

Who ceded a space yo Boykin?  I say nobody.  Ultimately I see Sammy getting hurt so he will cede time.

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

Coach Fangio is blowing his top over the last play, clwiming player safety, & I agree to some point. But if he were that concerned over player ssfety, why not take a knee on his team's final drive down by so much that one more score would not matter?

Side note, Bills tied a Ravens defensive record with their 2nd shut out in their first four games. Can they keep it up?

Fangio can go fu*k himself!

48 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Who ceded a space yo Boykin?  I say nobody.  Ultimately I see Sammy getting hurt so he will cede time.

I really woukd hate to see Proche go. I agree we need to keep as many as possible especially with all the injuries to the backfield we'll need a really good passing attack.

If Proche has to go I hope Eric can swing a deal for him so we get some type of compensation.

I'm looking forward to Bateman getting some playing time when he's ready but at the moment our receivers are looking good. Real good.

16 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Harbs reply was classic.. Why they throwing at the endzone with 10 seconds left? There is no 16 point tds.

To close this out let's call out Vic..............Image result for funnyhypocriteimages

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Just throwing this out there: Up 7 points against Dolphins last season, the Broncos completed a pass for 61 yards with 4 seconds remaining on fourth down. It wasn't a double-digit lead like the Ravens had, but the Broncos could have simply thrown the ball out of bounds vs. Miami.”

"Former Steelers running backs Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier support John Harbaugh’s controversial decision in Denver. Von Miller says there’s not another player in the world like Lamar Jackson."

Image result for funnyhypocriteimages