ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What moves need to be made for 22

papasmurfbell

So this horrific season is done.  We will be drafting late in the first half of each round.  We have a lot of mov3s tgat need making.  What are they?

1 I will start with the one I don't expect at all.  Move on from harbs.   My preference would be trade him so he shows some kind of value on a football field.

2 prob won't happen but more likely.  Trade Lamar for as much as you can get.  

3 trade Brown.  I don't think he will get signed so get what you can.  Also in this offense he has been held down.  

4 draft a right and left tackle.  We need talent on both sides.

5 if Bozeman leaves draft a center.

6 we need youth in the middle of the dl.  

7 we need help for Clark at safety.   

8 see who comes back from injury. 

Anything I missed pls add on.

• Upvote 1

That's a definite alternative, Crav. Imagine if the team had had a healthy Stanley, Dobbins, Gus, Marcus Peters, Humphrey, Watkins etc. Watkins is probably done as he is never healthy but the the other guys are question marks. Can they make it back to 100%? If so, the team will just need a RT and maybe a safety.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but yes there is an argument for bringing everybody back, even Roman.

3 hours ago, cravnravn said:

How about no moves, get the 17 we had on IR back and replay the season..You don't think we would have faired better?

Then explain why the titans are the 1.seed.  I am not allowing them to make that excuse.  Rb some a dozen and Murray and Freeman proved that.  Before the sea on we were discussing if Stanley might never be right again.  If the team didn't prepare for it then they lack due diligence.  Some of these injuries are on the strength and conditioning.  That coach brought in c0vid last yr bc he was being am ass and should have been fired then.  

Changes need to be made or we will get more of the same.

• Upvote 1

Get the best CB available at #14. Start there. This season exposed that lot. They are getting older, slower, more injury prone and inexperienced. 

The Ravens need a RT and a LT. Sign Bozeman if at all possible.

They need a vet mike LB.

They need replacements for Williams and Campbell if those 2 don't come back.

They need a play making sack edge rusher.

Corner is not a concern as far as the 1st round is concerned. This draft is deep at corner/secondary help no need to take one at 14. With a healthy Peters and if our pro bow corner can return to form, there are plenty of nickle & dime corners who now have epxerience to fill in when needed.

Sure a safety would be nice but there is no Ed Reed in this draft, so even taking one at 14 would be a reach.

I said this and will say it in every thread about the draft, MLB is the major need in this draft. Nekobe Dean is as close to Ray Lewis as you will find. So I stretched it a little, too early to say he will be a hof mlb, but the kid has all of the tools, speed, instincts, smarts, strength, a natural leader. Boom, 14...

The draft is also deep at defensive line, edge rushers, they, the top five or so at each position, are pretty darn equal. They all need one thing or another to work on, so why would you use a 14 pick on a player you can get in the 2nd? Or even late first? Dean-Dean he's our man if we can't draft him no one can!

The Pats sure hit paydirt with Judon. Sure it costs money but if you don't commit the resources in free agency you're cutting yourself off from a proven supply of talent. It takes a balance between drafting and free agency to stay relevant and the Ravens did that under Newsome. The jury is still out on DeCosta. I'm not a Jerry Jones philosophy guy just saying it takes both avenues to be a successful franchise and over the years the Ravens did rather well.

Now coaching is another story. I'm not sold on Roman and I think Wink tries to get by on what he's given. Roman doesn't adjust from year to year as he has shown in SFO, BUF, and now here. Wink doesn't get any pass rush talent so he tries to make up for that with schemes and two outstanding cornerbacks of Peters, Humphrey. That will work against mediocre teams but not against the big boys.

• Like 1

The team that wins the free agency war usually loses the season. As you said, it takes balance.

Judon was just too costly and inconsistent to keep. Next year we will or should see if Owe is legit; I have my doubts.

With the players commenting on Roman and now the Ravens website talking/asking the question about Roman, I wonder, if they will let him go; there is not always fire where there is smoke, but we should always keep an eye out when there is smoke...

Unfortunately, I am not sold on Oweh either...as you said, next year will tell.  I really don't like drafting projects especially in the first round. Even if they do develop, by the time they do their rookie contract is over and they go elsewhere for the big pay day.

• Upvote 1