ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is It Just Me Or...

oldno82

do the other really elite playoff teams have a whole other level up on us when it comes to team speed? it's something I've noticed for a few seasons now and I will say we seem to be getting faster but there's still separation between us and teams like KC when I see their players flying around on offense and defense? So is it just me seeing this?

2 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Listening to Harb's pressconfrence today, reading a little bit into one of his answers, they are going to be looking into, draft, adding speed to the defense...

Ah, I see. Thanks! I hope he means it.

10 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

OC Coordinators that can game plan?

Well it sure sounds like we're going to have another season with Roman. Maybe we'll get lucky this year and he'll actually change some of his approach. 😏

Harbaugh, Mr. Positive, didn't seem to have any insight into our plethora of injuries other than it is something cyclical. He and the F.O. need a better answer than that.

The Ravens can use more speed in the secondary but anybody is going to look slow trying to keep up with Hill. 😄

What we are seeing is the difference that real #1 WR'S bring to an offense: Kupp, Hill, Samuel, Chase, 

This is why I want to see the Ravens draft a safety and a CB. If a playmaking CB is there at 14 then take him. Draft capital well spent. The Ravens will have to go through some very good QB'S and receivers on there way to a SB 

I'm more of get the pressure on the QB and get him out of rhythm guy..Another speedy DE and a MLB is what we need..Also someone to replace Campbell I don't think he is coming back. He looked like he was having too much fun on the NFL Network set Sunday.

If the speed rusher is there at 14 I'm good with that too. 

D line period needs a serious upgrade/makeover. image.jpeg.625886aeead12a67742617781aadd46a.jpeg In some respects, it looks like the D is about to fall apart. I think Young, Averett, Elliott, Campbell, Williams, Smith, McPhee and Bynes could all be gone. Peters and Humphrey are coming back from injuries.

Clifton Brown brings up a few stats and facts about Ravens drive killers...

The Ravens allowed more sacks (57) than any team except the Chicago Bears. They also had the third-most offensive holding penalties with 25. The Ravens tied for the third-most delay-of-game penalties (eight) and tied for the 13th-most false starts (18). Those pre-snap mistakes were often drive killers....Ravens Have Gameplan to Attack Their Offensive Issues (baltimoreravens.com)

I thought this article is a good summary of the Ravens offensive struggle, Not good in the redzone, lack of explosive plays,....there was a lot that went into this years "fail." 

Image result for baltimore ravens 2021 images

On 2/2/2022 at 9:33 AM, papasmurfbell said:

The ol needs a full rebuild at ot.   I am not thinking anyone who was a starter at ol should not be replaced.  If Stanley comes back great but I would hedge that bet big.  

Stanley has missed a year and a half since signing his mega deal. I'm not so sure I want him back..

EDC was in Alabama scouting he talked some I linemen up as well as the center from Tenn-Chatanooga

So many needs and so few resources cap wise. OL is the priority to keep Lamar from getting killed---57 sacks given up last year! I agree Stanley may never be the  guy he was before his injury. A 2-year layoff is tough to overcome. The D needs some attention too as Max pointed out but there's only so many picks available. If there is a way we have to free up cap space for quality free agents as opposed to the roster fodder we usually look for we should do it.

I dunno...are trades an option?

2 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Nailed It! :gorave: Great article. 

Check this out for draft prospects....15 potential Ravens draft targets to watch at the 2022 Senior Bowl - Baltimore Sun

Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan

Raimann’s path to the NFL is certainly unconventional. The Austrian foreign exchange student started his college career as a 6-foot-7, 240-pound tight end before blossoming into a 304-pound left tackle for the Chippewas. Although he’s only played two seasons at his current position and has short arms for a tackle (33 inches), Raimann put together an elite senior year, earning a 94.6 grade from Pro Football Focus. His rare athleticism has drawn comparisons to Eagles star Lane Johnson.

Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa

What Penning lacks in polish, he makes up for in size. The 6-7, 330-pound lineman is a mauler in the running game, with nine of his 12 games this past season earning 90-plus run-blocking grades, according to PFF. Although he isn’t a finished product as a pass protector, Penning has the size and strength to grow into a dominant player. While his small-school pedigree might scare some teams away, Penning’s former teammate Spencer Brown held his own at right tackle for the Bills as a rookie. 

Darian Kinnard, OT/G, Kentucky

The 6-5, 324-pound Kinnard dominated for one of the best rushing teams in the country over the past few seasons, often finishing blocks in style. While he translates as a guard at the next level, he held his own as a pass blocker, allowing just seven pressures and one sack this past season, according to PFF.

Image result for Alien Abduction Day

Edited by vmax
  • Upvote 1