ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens sign S Marcus Williams

GrubberRaven

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

I like the signing and he should be a valuable addition. Finally, the right guy to play there.

Now could we get some O-ine help, please? Or are we waiting on the draft for that?

My guess, some discount lineman released over the next week or so plus the draft

I didn't see this coming and love it. Once again, the Ravens have one of the best secondaries in the NFL....if they all stay healthy...:rolleyes:

Ravens projected starting secondary

CB: Marlon Humphrey
CB: Marcus Peters
S: Marcus Williams
S: Chuck Clark

It is funny how these supposed sb contenders are being stripped down and fast.  Dallas loses one of the best qrs and de in a couple days.  Tb losing both guards.  NO losing a great safety and still don't have the qb yet.  The rams have lost a lot of prices of tgat defense 

Then looking at the afcw they are turning into a murderers row.  Gregory will make a Denver d so much better.  They also have their qb now.  That chargers d is insane.  It looks like kc might be fighting with Vegas not to be in 4th.

Eh, Gregory is an up & down player with a lot of baggage. The only reason he chose Denver was because  Dallas wanted the be a good person language in his contract. If he doesn't get a good night's sleep he falls a sleep on the field.

Same for their wide out, who disappears in games and gets hurt often, he was worth getting rid of..

I just hope the Raven's new D coaching pieces 'awaken the Kraken'  and enable some pressure, otherwise our D backfield will receive a lot of criticism.  A lot of talk that WIlliams is so successful because NO's Dline is one of the best.

I wish Lamar would have signed a contract though...would have made our cap flexible.

3 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

I just hope the Raven's new D coaching pieces 'awaken the Kraken'  and enable some pressure, otherwise our D backfield will receive a lot of criticism.  A lot of talk that WIlliams is so successful because NO's Dline is one of the best.

I wish Lamar would have signed a contract though...would have made our cap flexible.

Yep, a symbiotic relationship between the defensive line & the secondary. Sometimes a coverage sack, sometimes great coverage because of the pressure. Can't  have one without the other.

I'm looking forward to If they can at least play games up front to get pressure even if the natural ability is not there, yet.

This just in: https://www.nfl.com/news/za-darius-smith-ravens-ex-packers-pass-rusher-returning-four-year-35m-contract.

So Zadarius comes back home. He'll be 30 in September but I think he's still got some gas left in the tank. If he does we've just improved our pass rush and can still address it in draft. I'm liking what I've seen so far in free agency for the the Ravens. Didn't expect this much activity.