ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens sign S Marcus Williams

GrubberRaven

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! I didn't know about the back injury. I kind of loss track of him last year but I knew he had become a badass pass rusher for the Packers. But back injuries are tricky things and might mean he can't play. I'm hoping now they're doing a series of thorough physical examinations of him.

However, he is just 29. If he's healthy it could still be a good signing. Time will tell. Also do we know the details of the contract? All I've heard is $35 mill for 5(?) years. Maybe it's loaded with incentives?

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Update on some of the Ravens’ 22 free agents:

GONE:
CB Anthony Averett (LV)
TE Eric Tomlinson (DEN)

STILL AVAILABLE:
C Bradley Bozeman
DE Calais Campbell
OLB Justin Houston
FB Patrick Ricard
NT Brandon Williams
S DeShon Elliott
OLB Pernell McPhee
WR Sammy Watkins”

R.e84861694edfe0e2160b233860a59116?rik=SvYYnBY6reuQ6A&riu=http%3a%2f%2fi.ebayimg.com%2fimages%2fi%2f390781278208-0-1%2fs-l1000.jpg&ehk=YGKSpIiMN%2bgIASE5HQddGtRsjtriUUcX%2bAS21qGcFC8%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Glad to see Averate gone, over rated, never should have been drafted. Thomilson is not a big loss, spotty hands, subpar blocker.

Houston has been a bust, another bad signing let him walk. Watkins just doesn't have anything left in the tank. Shame, good teammate, great hands..

43 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Jimmy?

Zadarius.  I was weary of his back issues too.  What good is a player who missed the whole season last year and has an unknown back future ahead.  Guess we'll see if we dodged a bullet.

1 hour ago, cravnravn said:

So we agree with one time Raven Michael Pierce. 3 yr 16.5 mil.

He's only played in 8 games since 2020.

He took 2020 off for Covid, so technically only played one year of his contract.  We'll see.  Not overly excited about this one.  I read he did grade well when he DID play in MN.

12 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Must be the culture we are in now, seems more players are backing out of previously agreed deals for one reason or another. Maybe it is just the internet, and this has happened a lot in the past and we just couldn't hear about... dunno...

It's gross, but we also live in a culture where there's a verbal agreement and social media races to report it.  The ol' adage of a man's word not meaning anything anymore...