ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2022 Ravens Training Camp

vmax

13 hours ago, oldno82 said:

I don't know if Stanley will ever make it back. I hope he does if only for his sake.

Agree...and selfishly the Ravens really need him. Lamar and the other QB's were running for their life yesterday. 

This is normal. 1st day in pads.  You have a defense that was getting shown up because they had to play with their hands tied. They have pride and jobs to win too. Put the pads on and now they can get physical....50% of their game. Welsh, Urban, Jones, Oweh and Hayes all had sacks in yesterday's padded practice. Somehow Madabueke is silent. 

Jamison Hensley • TweetShift
 — Today at 1:38 PM
Ravens OT Ja’Wuan James has returned to practice Tuesday after missing one day. This is good news for Baltimore because James would be the top choice at left tackle if Ronnie Stanley (ankle) is unavailable.

Ravens training camp Day 7
 Under Armour Performance Center
 1:35 PM practice
 87 degrees (5% rain)
 John Harbaugh, AHC/DL coach Anthony Weaver, NT Michael Pierce & DE Brent Urban

BOT
 — Today at 4:27 PM
John Harbaugh on Tony Jefferson's interception of Lamar Jackson: "I don't know how he got a hand on that ball, in and of itself. Then he finds a way to tip it to himself and catch it -- and make a diving catch."

BOT
 — Today at 4:35 PM
John Harbaugh said he knows NT Michael Pierce hasn't been satisfied with how he's played the last couple of years.

"I believe he has a statement to make," Harbaugh said.

Pierce on Travis Jones......

2 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Jefferson, a blind squirrel finds a nut every now & then. Hopefully they won't need to rely on him this season

He's still got it.....

Edited by vmax

It was a challenging day all around for Ravens first-round safety Kyle Hamilton.

He was unable to prevent three completions to rookie tight end Isaiah Likely in one-on-one drills. In full-team work, he watched a Lamar Jackson pass sail right over his outstretched hand and land in the arms of tight end Mark Andrews, who sprinted down the field and into the end zone. A combination of the heat and potentially a physical issue seemed to be bothering him as Hamilton called for a substitution after a few different plays.

Then, after his best play of Wednesday’s practice, a diving pass breakup on a Jackson pass intended for a streaking Likely, the rookie safety struggled to get up. Hamilton ultimately hobbled to the sideline and stayed there for several minutes, getting looked at by members of the athletic training staff. He did a series of stretches while on his back.

Hamilton, determined to stay on the field, jogged back to join the defense for a seven-on-seven session. However, he lasted just one play and pulled up while tracking Tylan Wallace on a deep route.....Ravens camp: Rough day for Kyle Hamilton, Lamar Jackson-Rashod Bateman on point - The Athletic

We officially have a Hamilton watch now. No idea WTF is happening..

Preston reports Oweh beat Jones and Moses. Phillips looks great a LG. 

Edited by vmax

3 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Kenny was talking about Hamilton.   He was thinking maybe his whole life he was the most athletic and now he is,a mother guy.  Do we have another Elam?

He also mentioned they don't really have a LT if Ronnie is down.

More concerned about LT than safety.

14 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

More concerned about LT than safety.

Safety has been a big need for a while, a major reason this defense has struggled. Now it is still early, some players just need to settle in. The biggest issue out side of health, is are they picking up the coverages, the system.

He is being beat man to man, because of a lack of speed? Maybe, or maybe he is making the wrong read of the offense at the snap, causing a slight delay in reaction time.

We, fans just do not, cannot know, and the local "analysts" who are there every day fail to say or fail to understand so they just report that he got burned on x amount of plays.

Yes, the line is a big issue, left tackle, guard, even center are true problem areas. First pre season game next week, a good taste for a lot of players

I'm looking forward to that preseason game. We'll see how the rookies and newly acquired vets fare. And quarterback and receivers. Even how the backups play will be important.

Isn't Harbaugh supposed to address current injuries and rehabs at a presser today?

I think so, but then he talks so much but rarely says anything so I don't listen any more.

Yeah, first step to seeing how this secondary of Peters, Humphreys, Williams, Fuller work together. I doubt any of them play this game but knowing they are waiting in the wings.... booya!

Travis Jones, DT: The rookie third-round pick still has plenty to learn, and maintaining consistency and intensity throughout practice is part of that. However, he’ll have some reps where he just overwhelms the interior offensive lineman in front of him. On Saturday, he swatted down a pass so emphatically that you could hear the thud 50 yards away. He’s big, strong and explosive, and he already has veteran teammates believing that he’ll immediately upgrade the team’s interior pass rush. Jones will be one of the more intriguing players to watch Thursday,....theathletic.com

Daniel Faalele, OT: There was a lot said and written about Faalele’s weight and conditioning when he struggled with the heat in the mid-June mandatory minicamp. Faalele, though, clearly worked hard to get himself in better shape ahead of training camp, and he handled a scorching hot week of practices well. He also did it while taking a good number of reps at the left tackle position, which is not where he’s most comfortable. Harbaugh acknowledged that Faalele had some technique breakdowns later in practice when he got tired, but he was otherwise pleased with how the rookie competed. It was known that Faalele was a developmental prospect who’d need time. He has a long way to go, but he’s already shown improved conditioning and technique....Ravens camp stock report: Travis Jones and Odafe Oweh are on the rise - The Athletic

When Devin Duvernay went down with a thigh bruise in last Saturday's stadium practice and with Rashod Bateman also missing some time this week, the door opened wider for James Proche II to show what he's got in a leading role. Proche delivered, catching balls deep, short, in the end zone, and everything in between. Proche has caught everything that's come his way in camp and has developed good chemistry with Lamar Jackson....10 Takeaways From Week 2 of Ravens Training Camp (baltimoreravens.com)

Good to hear about Faalele and Travis Jones. As for Proche, well we'll see how he does in the preseason. In the past he's shown a lot in practice but has disappeared in games. Now, that might be on Lamar just not feeling comfortable with him but whatever it is they need to fix it if Proche is going to have any impact here.

I sure wish I could see Lamar run a series in this preseason game but I guess that will have to wait.

I wonder if we'll see any of the high value proven players before the first game of the season???

21 hours ago, vmax said:

Travis Jones, DT: The rookie third-round pick still has plenty to learn, and maintaining consistency and intensity throughout practice is part of that. However, he’ll have some reps where he just overwhelms the interior offensive lineman in front of him. On Saturday, he swatted down a pass so emphatically that you could hear the thud 50 yards away. He’s big, strong and explosive, and he already has veteran teammates believing that he’ll immediately upgrade the team’s interior pass rush. Jones will be one of the more intriguing players to watch Thursday,....theathletic.com

I'm looking forward to seeing him and Pearce lined up inside, they should both get some play Thursday. See what type of push they can get on the pocket.

Also, I know Lindy won't be playing center, but we should get a good look at some of the others. Wide out, Likely as I said earlier are others that intrigue me in this game