ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2022 Ravens Training Camp

vmax

giphy.webp

""We're in a position where we know it's gonna be a lot of work. It's not gonna be easy and we're gonna have to roll our sleeves up and get dirty." Mark Andrews

200.gif Campbell: “The way I trained, I feel like I’m going to have a big year, (that) I’m going to dominate.”

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“It’s the start of Ravens training camp:
 Day 1
Under Armour Performance Center
 2:35 PM practice
 86 degrees (20% rain)
 John Harbaugh, Rashod Bateman, Marlon Humphrey & Kevin Zeitler talk after practice

Even virtually, Ravens must pass 'pure death' conditioning test - Baltimore Ravens Blog- ESPN :gorave:

See the source image

Jamison Hensley • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 10:40 AM
Ravens announced they've placed G Ben Cleveland on the Non-Football Injury list (which usually indicates not passing the conditioning test). Baltimore also signed WR Bailey Gaither.

amison Hensley • TweetShift
BOT
 — Yesterday at 2:15 PM
giphy.webp Lamar Jackson has practiced the past three days with the rookies.

It looks like Gus won't be ready for Week 1 but we'll see. Stanley we should know about relatively soon. I think JK will be ready week 1. He's pissed off. Boyle???? He has to prove himself again. He's lost weight and the Ravens could really use him.

Jeff Zrebiec • TweetShift
BOT
 — Yesterday at 2:11 PM
RB Gus Edwards is in question for Week 1, but Ravens are optimistic about other guys on PUP. Rookie 4th round TE Charlie Kolar is dealing with what could be sports hernia. He’s still being evaluated but expectation is he’ll miss some time. David Ojabo still hasn’t signed deal.

OK...We've got Ravens Football...until February! :gorave:

See the source image

Here's video on WR Gaither who the Ravens signed today. Spanish announcers are so much better than American....:fishin:

Gaither had 24 receptions for 328 yards and 4 TD's and no drops for the USFL Maulers.

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

I don't see health as the real issue.  Qb play and bad coaching are the big factors.

Stay with me here...

If they stay healthy, this defensive secondary is going to force 1) cover sacks 2) turnovers. They are that good at each position. They will be difficult to score on.

With a healthy line, backs, this offensive running game will be back to dominant. That will open up the passing game, which means more scoring.

Proof of all of this is 3 years ago, 14-2. The difference is, the secondary is much much better. Yes, health is the main point.

7 hours ago, tsylvester said:

If they can stay healthy they have a real chance to challenge for a Super Bowl title. But that is the issue, health.

I agree. The had the SB roster last year before injuries.

Not sold on Bungles, they caught lightening in a bottle last year. Last year was their year, they failed as usual. Had no significant injuries and went 10-7.

Where as the Ravens were decimated by injuries, week 11 had the #1 seed, then the wheels came off after the Lamar injury. Right there should quiet and Huntley talk he finishes the year 1-5.

We've upgraded the o-line and D their FA and draft.

6 hours ago, cravnravn said:

Not sold on Bungles, they caught lightening in a bottle last year. Last year was their year, they failed as usual. Had no significant injuries and went 10-7.

Where as the Ravens were decimated by injuries, week 11 had the #1 seed, then the wheels came off after the Lamar injury. Right there should quiet and Huntley talk he finishes the year 1-5.

We've upgraded the o-line and D their FA and draft.

Burrow didnt hit stride until about late october last yr and thats when the run started.  They have a much better OL so they should be able to grow from what they did then.

Last night was simply a nice summer night at the Bank....basically we have Ravens news every day until February when the win the SB....:gorave:

I don't think we're going to miss Hollywood who's out with a hamstring. Bateman has been impressive for 4 straight days. He can go deep. He did it in college. 

"He does the same thing every practice," Head Coach John Harbaugh said. "Every practice is the same. He's very consistent. And we tell the guys, the true testament of mental toughness is consistency – the ability to do it not just once, but every day, day after day, [and] he's certainly doing it."

Andrews was unstoppable last night. He did whatever he wanted and Likely looked just like "Baby Mark." We have 2 devastating receiving TE's. Maybe Kolar comes around to make it 3. 

Marlon is back....:gorave:

Jaylin Armour Davis...He plays "extremely fast." Along with Stephens we have an exciting new generation of CB's developing. Both very physical.

Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB: Armour-Davis hasn't
backed off a bit in his quest to make a strong first
impression and earn immediate snaps defensively.

The fourth-round pick out of Alabama has been
tight on receivers and played with confidence and
swagger. He's gotten a bit handsy at times, but

Ravens coaches would much rather have him
work on that than have to encourage him to play
more physically. The NFL can be unkind to first-
year corners, but Armour-Davis looks like a
rookie who could contribute early.:thumbup:

Duverney is OK. Just a thigh bruise. He could have gone back in last night if necessary.

Pierce on Travis Jones: ""Did you see him tonight?" Pierce said. "That's all you need to know. Physically gifted. For a big dude he can really move. As soon as he gets his technique down :kool:

Tucker...60 yards...:bow:..............

Rookie punter Jordan Stout was also impressive during the early portion of practice, sticking two punts from midfield that landed inside the five-yard line.(inside the 1 and the 3!) Stout has a booming leg, but showed he can finesse kicks as well. Brandon Stephens Stands Out at Stadium Practice (baltimoreravens.com)

unknown.png

Biggest news? Nobody got hurt. My guess is that Stanley, JK and Peters will be ready opening day. Bowser and Gus by October and Ojabo by November. Just a guess based on what I've read and heard. 

Last year's roster was very deep, or they would have been 4-13. This year's roster will be even deeper. If this team can stay healthy....

me-and-my-co-workers-reaction-after-we-f

Beautiful weather today. The biggest news for me every day now will be "No Injuries" and "So and So has returned from the PUP list"......:gorave:

giphy.webp

Jamison Hensley • 
 — Today at 10:14 AM
Ravens training camp Day 6
 Under Armour Performance Center
 2:20 PM practice
 82 degrees (0% rain)
 Full pads come on for first time in camp

10 Takeaways From First Week of Training Camp (baltimoreravens.com)

Ravens risers and fallers: Who’s trending after the first week of training camp? – Baltimore Sun

$1 a month. Really worth it....Ravens stock report: Who is up and who is down after the first week of training camp? - The Athletic

:yeah: 

See the source image

Jamison Hensley • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 1:29 PM
As Ravens begin the 2nd week of camp, here are 9 players who've been out:

PUP
LT Ronnie Stanley
CB Marcus Peters
RB J.K. Dobbins
RB Gus Edwards
OLB Tyus Bowser
S Ar'Darius Washington

Injured
TE Charlie Kolar (hernia)

Non-Football Injury
G Ben Cleveland

Unsigned
LB David OjaboubwWM54%2BFAitMbDz6i458AwnvJs=

BOT
 — Today at 3:59 PM
Ravens first padded practice is over. Was not a great day for first-team offense. Defense won the day. Jackson wasn’t sharp and there were plenty of drops too. Jackson missed Bateman and Andrews quite a few times.
[4:26 PM]
from Hensley....Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he has a lot of opinions regarding Deshaun Watson situation but isn’t at liberty to share them.
Harbaugh added that he’s proud of Ravens’ “zero tolerance” policy when it comes to players involved in mistreatment of women since Ray Rice incident. (edited)
[4:27 PM]
BOT
 — Today at 4:12 PM
Harbaugh said Ronnie Stanley is doing good but said it’s too early to say when he’ll be back. Said return to practice isn’t “imminent.”