ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 17 Ravens at Home vs Steelers

vmax

See the source image

The Ravens defeated the Steelers week @ Acrisure :fishin: stadium. With Huntley and the Bown filling in at QB...throwing for a humongous 94 yards. 

JK had 120 yards on 15 carries for 8 ypc.  Harris 12 carries 33 yards for a 2.8 ypc. Steelers ran for 56 yards on 18vcarries for 3.1 ypc.

Image result for what me worry?

Of course I will. It's what I do. :gorave:

pit.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location= bal.png&scale=crop&cquality=40&location=
Points Per Game 17.6 21.4
Points Allowed Per Game 21.3 18.1
Total Yards 335.3 351.7
Yards Passing 219.9 185.7
Yards Rushing 115.4 166.0
Yards Allowed 352.7 345.5
Pass Yards Allowed 247.1 257.9
Rush Yards Allowed 105.6 87.5

OIP.PP0YDagNv0qHRXsn_Mzc7gHaE8?w=294&h=196&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

There's a good chance they will be without Campbell, Peters and Lamar. 

There's an even better chance the Steelers won't play Trubisky. :fishin:

319397746_1330182841069148_4303843677098614519_n.png

Edited by vmax

I expect Lamar to be out another game, possibly the rest of the regular season, even with the div possibly on the line to end the season.

Not having Cambell or Peters worries me more even with Mack showing some promise after the call up, fresh muscles & legs.

These teams usually split games, with the payback being lesser playoff position or knocking the other out completely, which the Ravens can officially do...

They will sell out to stop the run, dare Huntley to beat them... Stillers with revenge

53 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

I expect Lamar to be out another game, possibly the rest of the regular season, even with the div possibly on the line to end the season.

Not having Cambell or Peters worries me more even with Mack showing some promise after the call up, fresh muscles & legs.

These teams usually split games, with the payback being lesser playoff position or knocking the other out completely, which the Ravens can officially do...

They will sell out to stop the run, dare Huntley to beat them... Stillers with revenge

Tsy, 

With this years squad, I have no expectations for this game or rest of season.   About the only we can count on is ugly, grind it out, pound the rock and little to no vertical game (ca 100 yds/game) from here on out.   

Of course, the nastier the weather, the closer we can stay in games and make it interesting.   That’s our best case scenario for the rest of the season and post season. 

9 hours ago, varaven45 said:

Tsy, 

With this years squad, I have no expectations for this game or rest of season.   About the only we can count on is ugly, grind it out, pound the rock and little to no vertical game (ca 100 yds/game) from here on out.   

Of course, the nastier the weather, the closer we can stay in games and make it interesting.   That’s our best case scenario for the rest of the season and post season. 

Yep, just sit back and watch, if they do better great, if they lose their next 3 games, oh well. I am still a bit shocked that they won 10 games, that this team dominated two of the better teams in the league, for a half.

That this team set a record for most games with a double digit lead in a game, how? Smoke and mirrors I suppose.

There is a damper on this season for me, I guess for most fans. The questions about the coaches, the big question about Lamar, linger over this season like a kitchen when fish is cooked.

The Ravens are not going to blow anybody out, but not many teams are doing that.  Most games are around 1 score or 1 possession in this age of Parity.

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJiMDE1NDA4MmM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_UY100_CR30,0,100,100_AL_.jpg see a Ravens victory. Sure .... it will be an ugly snot knocker as these games always are.  I fully expect to be walking out of that stadium Saturday night, arm in arm, with my fellow Ravens fans ... :fishin: .... savoring the sending of the Steelers into "the weeping and gnashing of teeth." 

See the source image"Just think, we get to watch another Steeler beatdown at home in a few weeks."

Be grateful for what you have. We could be Steeler fans. :gorave:

54 degrees at kickoff is the forecast. :thumbup:

This is interesting....

Robert Griffin III (@RGIII)
The AFC Playoffs is LOADED at QB.

-Patrick Mahomes
-Josh Allen
-Joe Burrow
-Lamar Jackson
-Justin Herbert

To me it says you need that very good to excellent franchise QB. 

Jamison Hensley • 
 — Yesterday at 11:18 PM
With the Chargers winning on Monday night, the Ravens can eliminate the Steelers from the playoff race by beating Pittsburgh on Sunday night.

But the Steelers would be eliminated before their game against the Ravens if the Dolphins win at Patriots or Jets win at Seahawks. :gorave:

What a great guy. He does stuff like this every week since he's been here....

Isaih Mack is waived. Surprise. 

Ravens practice report (Wednesday)

There were 8 players absent from media viewing portion of practice:

QB Lamar Jackson (knee)
DE Calais Campbell (knee)
CB Marcus Peters (calf)
G Kevin Zeitler
WR DeSean Jackson
OLB Jason Pierre-Paul
OLB Justin Houston
OL Trystan Colon”

Since joining the Ravens in Week 9, Smith ranks second among linebackers in splash plays (29), which TruMedia defines as pressures leading to throwaways, stuffs for no gain, interceptions, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, pass breakups and stops on third down and fourth down. The Ravens’ defense has carried this team while Lamar Jackson has been injured. If Jackson gets healthy and the Baltimore defense continues to get stops, the Ravens will be a dangerous team in the postseason....Five NFL units peaking at right time: Bills’ run game, Ravens’ defense, more - The Athletic

Edited by vmax

Peters is ruled out and as expected so too is Lamar.

Best to rest those who are on the edge of injury, the team is in the playoffs one way or the other though winning one of these last two games is best.

And, with a win Sunday night, the Ravens can hand Tomlin his first losing season, or as the talking heads like to put it; his first non winning season 🙄

I did not stay up for that crap show, so glad that I did not. I would say that I am shocked the defense gave up almost 200 yards on the ground, but then it was a night game, they only gave up 16 pts, held the opposing qb to 50% completion rate. Still, another game with a double digit lead, lost.

Why? The offense ran for almost as many yards, JK with 111 on 17 carries.

Huntely completed some passes, 1 td, Andrews broke out. 9 catches, the problem wad, that was almost as many passes that were thrown and Huntely completed one to the Steelers.

It is the same old tune, this passing offense is just atrocious, it doesn't matter who is behind center and NO, it is NOT the receivers.

The Biscuit has to see other teams with burger flippers for quarterbacks putting up 200+ yard, multiple touchdown passing games. He has to, he claims to be a football fan.

The Steelers, early on used 6 defensive lineman, six! I haven't seen a split six defense since high-school, in the 1980's.

That is easy pass & catch when you use play action, I know, we beat that defense every time and our qb was terrible.

Nothing is going to change with this passing offense, we have one qb who can't throw deep because he doesn't have the arm, another who has the arm but is not accurate down field.

Even if they could, the plays designed, route combinations used do not make it easy to get someone open deep. Then there is the line, the pass blocking, there is no pocket to hold up for 3 seconds.

I've given up on this season, I expect this offense to continue to implode.

• Upvote 1

I told myself I wouldn't watch anymore, but this game/team gives me a distraction from the reality of my current situation.  My brother passed last week after two months of trying to come back from an accident.  If anything, I didn't get as mad/frustrated in this team's mediocrity.  Life is bigger than this game.  I think I need to find a better distraction.

• Upvote 1