ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

My projections for the season

papasmurfbell

I see a 10-6 record maybe a 9-7. That should get them the wild card. So I do see a playoff berth. Is that positive enough.

I see a wk1 loss. They will lose to the Rams or the Cards. I am seeing a loss against the Jets. I see the Texans as a 50/50 shot. The Squealers 2nd game depends on who is injured. There will be at least 1 loss between the Browns and Bengals. They will lose back to back against the Dolts and Chargers.

The roster I am seeing

WR 83 // L Evans 16 // D Reed 82 // T Smith

WR 81 // A Boldin 11 // T Doss 13 //L Williams

LT // McKinnie 78 // R Harewood

LG 66 // B Grubbs 65 // J Boren

C 77 // M Birk 64// Mattison

RG 73 // M Yanda //LeVior

RT 74 // M Oher 76 // J Reid

TE 84 // E Dickson 88 // D Pitta 80 // D Drew

QB 5 // J Flacco 2 // T Taylor

FB 44 // V Leach 3

RB 27 // R Rice 34 // R Williams 35 // A Allen

DT 92 // H Ngata 96 // L Divens

NT 62 // T Cody 91 // B McKinney

DE 93 // C Redding 97 // A Jones 90 // P McPhee

Rush 55 // T Suggs 99 // P Kruger

Will 53 // J McClain 59 // D Ellerbe 51 // B Ayanbadejo

Mike 52 // R Lewis 58 // J Phillips

Sam 95 // J Johnson 94 // S Kindle

LCB 22 // J Smith 24 // D Foxworth

SS 28 // T Zbikowski 31 // B Pollard

FS 20 // E Reed 43 // H Nakamura

RCB 29 // C Williams25 // C Carr 21 // L Webb

P 4 // S Koch

K 7 // B Cundiff

LS 46 // M Cox

• Upvote 1

Not seeing the Cards in any way possible. (injuries barring of course) The Rams look good, but their defense if pretty porus, we should be them. With the Browns and Bengals looking to ge terrible again this year, we should absolutely get 8 wins alone against our division foes and the NFC West.

Tennessee, is 9 wins

Jacksonville is 10 wins

I'm sure we can beat one of the following teams at least 1 time.

Pitt

Indy

SD

Houston

NYJ

Realistically I can see us blowing one of the games above that got us to 10 wins and I see us beating the Jets and Indy.

That's 11-5 for me.

I see a 10-6 record maybe a 9-7. That should get them the wild card. So I do see a playoff berth. Is that positive enough.

I see a wk1 loss. They will lose to the Rams or the Cards. I am seeing a loss against the Jets. I see the Texans as a 50/50 shot. The Squealers 2nd game depends on who is injured. There will be at least 1 loss between the Browns and Bengals. They will lose back to back against the Dolts and Chargers.

The roster I am seeing

WR 83 // L Evans 16 // D Reed 82 // T Smith

WR 81 // A Boldin 11 // T Doss 13 //L Williams

LT // McKinnie 78 // R Harewood

LG 66 // B Grubbs 65 // J Boren

C 77 // M Birk 64// Mattison

RG 73 // M Yanda //LeVior

RT 74 // M Oher 76 // J Reid

TE 84 // E Dickson 88 // D Pitta 80 // D Drew

QB 5 // J Flacco 2 // T Taylor

FB 44 // V Leach 3

RB 27 // R Rice 34 // R Williams 35 // A Allen

DT 92 // H Ngata 96 // L Divens

NT 62 // T Cody 91 // B McKinney

DE 93 // C Redding 97 // A Jones 90 // P McPhee

Rush 55 // T Suggs 99 // P Kruger

Will 53 // J McClain 59 // D Ellerbe 51 // B Ayanbadejo

Mike 52 // R Lewis 58 // J Phillips

Sam 95 // J Johnson 94 // S Kindle

LCB 22 // J Smith 24 // D Foxworth

SS 28 // T Zbikowski 31 // B Pollard

FS 20 // E Reed 43 // H Nakamura

RCB 29 // C Williams25 // C Carr 21 // L Webb

P 4 // S Koch

K 7 // B Cundiff

LS 46 // M Cox

Got to go with Papa's projections. I also dont see us beating St Louis - they are my surprise pick - playoff team - this year.

Tough games against Indy (if Manning plays), Pitt (both), Jets, San Diego. We could lose them all !

Dont see anything better than 10-6, possibly 9-7 or 8-8 (if injuries take their toll and/or the OL tanks it !)

Also, our D is deadmeat if we start Zibby over Pollard at SS. Starting Zibby = auto 1-2 TDs for Brown and Wallace in week 1.

I suspect Zibby was a typo, eh ?

ht

I can't get a read on this team other than they will get better as the season progresses.

I can' t go further than a week 1 loss because of the o line.

If that line plays decent they have a good shot at winning.

We will know a ton about the 2011 Ravens after that game.

Nothing less then 11 wins for this team unless major injury occurs. Our schedule is a *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy *** this year compared to last, and if our o-line can hold up in Week 1, it will do amazing the rest of the year. Also, anyone who believes St. Louis is winning more than 6 games needs to go to a loony bin.

Nothing less then 11 wins for this team unless major injury occurs. Our schedule is a *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy *** this year compared to last, and if our o-line can hold up in Week 1, it will do amazing the rest of the year. Also, anyone who believes St. Louis is winning more than 6 games needs to go to a loony bin.

Hey crav, how did you, of all people, manage to hack into colin's account to post that?

Guest BallTMore

My early thoughts:

After 4 weeks I see us as 2-2

after 8: 4-4

12: 8-4

16: 10-6

I just have a feeling the Browns get us once this season. I think we sweep the Bengals. I would not be shocked if the Steelers get us twice. We'll beat either the Colts or Chargers late.

Here Pappa, put these on

banz_purple.jpg

Now tell us how we are losing to the Rams and or Cards Jets?? The broom is out on the Steelers, and the Colts, that jinx is done too.

13 or 14 wins this year

I really like the ol verses Chris Long, Diggs, bannon, and larinitis. I do not expect the ol to be ready before the bye. That gets the squeakers and jets. I expect the Cards to have a very good o. I am not certain of what the d will be. Until they can beat the dolts I would not have any faith in them beating them. How do you get to 13?

The crisscross crossing of the country is tough. I fully expect them to beat sea into the ground but the travel sucks. That game is going down after squeakers 2. What was that win % coming out of that week and major travel.

They are lucky to be coming out of the turkey day game and going to cle. If it were the other way around I would count that as an L.

I should give a projection just to play along.

You gotta "let it all hang out!"

I'm feeling 12-4 or 11-5. They should make the playoffs and "IF" healthy they should tear it up.

They are deep and talented.

Sun. Sept. 11 PITTSBURGH STEELERS - L 0-1

Sun. Sept. 18 @Tennessee Titans - W 1-1

Sun. Sept. 25 @St. Louis Rams - W 2-1

Sun. Oct. 2 NEW YORK JETS - L 2-2

Sun. oct. 9 BYE

Sun. Oct. 16 HOUSTON TEXANS M&T BANK STADIUM - W - 3-2

Mon. Oct. 24 @Jacksonville Jaguars W - 4-2

Sun. oct. 30 ARIZONA CARDINALS W - 5-2

Sun. NOV. 6 @Pittsburgh Steelers L - 5-3

Sun. Nov. 13 @Seattle Seahawks W - 6-3

Sun. Nov. 20 CINCINNATI BENGALS W- 7-3

Thurs. NOV. 24 SAN FRANCISCO 49ers - W 8-3

Sun. Dec. 4 @Cleveland Browns L - 8-4

Sun. Dec. 11 Indianapolis Colts L - 8-5

Sun. Dec. 18 @San Diego Chargers L - 8-6

Sat . Dec. 24 Cleveland Browns 1:00 pm CBS W - 9-6

Sun. Jan. 1 @Cincinnati Bengals W - 10-6

By and large the Ravens have beaten the teams they're supposed to and come up short against the best teams in the league during the Harbs/Flacco era(especially ones with good QB's). Yes we beat the Saints and Jets last year and the Pats in the playoffs a few years ago, but more often we come up short in the big games. Does that change this year? I hope so, but i'm not holding my breath. I have the Ravens losing to:

Steelers x2 - I think the Steelers win Game 1 comfortably. Looking at their first team offense and defense against the Falcons and Eagles first teams was disheartening. They are already in midseason form. Their Oline is as bad as ours but Roethlisberger seemed to have no problem avoiding defenders and finding open receivers. I think the second game will be more typical of the regular season games from the past few years. The Ravens will be focused and come to play, but like always, they'll come up short in the clutch.

Jets - The Jets game is an interesting one. Do the Ravens start the season 0-2 at home? Sanchez is not a great QB at this point but he's looked very impressive at times and is constantly improving. I honestly think they blew the game against us last year moreso than we won it. They came out against us like we do against the Steelers - ultra conservative, not wanting to risk turnovers - and it cost them. After that game Rex opened up the offense and they put on some good offensive showings. I think Rex comes into this game with a more aggressive offensive gameplan and the motivation of showing up his former bosses. I think we drop a close one.

Cleveland - I have a upset loss to Cleveland in Cleveland. It's a division game on the road and I think the Browns will be improved this year. Just a gut feeling.

Colts - Like Papa, i'm picking the Colts against us until we prove we can beat them. The game is far enough down the schedule that Manning should be back and in a groove.

Chargers - The Chargers are usually playing their best football in December so even though we've beaten them recently I give them the edge at home this time.

So I think the Ravens will be 10-6 in the familiar position of the WC. I hope I'm shortchanging them. I hope this is the year they take the next step, but with so much changeover I am not counting on it.