ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Lamar has his deal?

GrubberRaven

Well...it might be too much money and too much time (I hope he can hold up OK)  but at least it's a done deal.

Though I wonder what is going to be left to feed the rest of the team if Lamar can't carry them?

Wow, head shake, wow, no wonder my psiatica is acting a fool with a hot metal rod & spikes

Jackson's deal is worth $260 million over five years with $185 million guaranteed, according to CBS Sports NFL insider Josina Anderson. This makes Jackson the league's highest-paid player with an average annual salary of $52 million. It puts Jackson just ahead of Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts, who recently became the league's highest-paid player after signing a five-year, $255 million extension. The guaranteed portion is second-best to Deshaun Watson's $230 million in his deal with the Browns

Waste of money as it sits. Jackson will be out for how many games this year? Pay him for games played will lower the cost. Then adjust pay for successful QB play for games played. I’m thinking he musters out at a quarter of the agreed upon contract amount. Overpaid for Jackson. SMH

Well, it was less guaranteed than he asked for, more than the Ravens offered. Now, how is is structured? 52 bills per is a lot of cap, I was hoping for a 7 year deal to lower that number but I guess Lamar was fixated on the per year as much as the guaranteed.

Maybe this will help him take the job more seriously, eat right to avoid the IBS issues he seems to face each year that keeps him out of practice.

Maybe more study to ensure he is ready to face the next defensive system he faces and so that he knows the plays so as to not hold up the play clock..mmmmm

I'm glad its settled and not fully guaranteed.  We know Lamar plays well and above that when he is healthy with mid talent.  

I'm excited to see what the new pieces will allow Lamar to do.  I'm ok with this.

Lamar is the highest paid QB ... Today. That will change this year. By 2024 he could be 4th. 

From Hensley: The other aspect is the salary cap relief. Jackson's $32 million tender accounted for 14.4% of Baltimore's cap. His new deal could free up around $10 million in cap space. The Ravens could use that to strengthen Jackson's supporting cast as well as his chances of winning a Super Bowl.

The CAP is predicted to go up $20-30 mil a year. It's going to work out.

We're guaranteed exciting, competitive Ravens football. And a SB window open for 2023 and 2024. :gorave:

As to what needs to happen from here on out??? Jeff Zrebiec nails it....

He needs to break the pattern of the last two years, when he looks like an MVP candidate for the first third of the season, goes through a stretch of average or poor games, then gets injured and doesn’t return for the rest of the season. The Ravens need Jackson healthy and on the field for their most critical games. https://theathletic.com/4460924/2023/04/28/lamar-jackson-contract-extension-ravens/?source=emp_shared_article

Lamar has everything he needs. 4 first round receivers, Pro bowl TE, JK and Gus 100% ready to light it up. A huge O line and Monken.

There are no more excuses.

It's time to be consistent and take that next step.

Can he? That's the gamble. 

The Ravens believe he will.

I'm hoping. Real bad. Yet, I'm on the "Show Me" side.

HS_Square_0001_20200227Zrebiec-Jeff0534_bw.avif HS_Square_0001_20200227Zrebiec-Jeff0534_bw.avif

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad that he came down from his demand, but, just gonna leave this here

But he did clarify a few points Tuesday in his first media availability since the end of the 2022 season. The Cincinnati star knows exactly what he's looking for in his next deal, which could make him the highest-paid player in the league.

As he goes through talks with the Bengals, Burrow said he's keeping teammates who could also receive contract extensions in consideration.

"Whenever you have guys on the team that need to be paid, that's always on your mind," Burrow said. "You want that to be a focal point. We're working to make that happen."

Burrow delivered his comments one day after the Bengals started phase two of team workouts. Many of the team's projected starters, including wide receivers Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase, were present inside the team's indoor practice bubble.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37663790/bengals-qb-joe-burrow-teammates-mind-amid-contract-talks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, Joe has taken the top rank

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38348975/qb-joe-burrow-agrees-record-five-year-275m-extension-bengals-sources-say

Joe Burrow reached an agreement on a five-year, $275 million extension with the team that includes $219.01 million guaranteed, making him the highest-paid player in NFL history, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Thursday.

The contract averages $55 million per year. The deal ends months of negotiations and rewards a player who has flipped Cincinnati's fortunes.

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping up with the Jones'

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chiefs-patrick-mahomes-work-out-a-new-deal

Per a source with knowledge of the deal, it includes no new money. Instead, payments were moved around to enhance the cash flow for Mahomes.

Mahomes will now receive $208.1 million from 2023 through 2026. All of it is guaranteed for injury.

Under the adjusted contract, Mahomes receives $56.85 million in 2023 (he had already earned $35 million under the existing deal), $44.5 million in 2024, $50 million in 2025, and $56.76 million in 2026.