ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

McGahee Starts Trouble

RavensNest8483

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People like me are the ones not retarded enough to think our team will actually cut a guy and eat his $9 Million cap hit. That has ZERO chance of happening, so give the professional player who has, in the past, shown himself to be a premier player, some fucking cushion, cause he's gonna be on our roster next year, whether you like it or not. Grow up, and think like an adult, not a 10 year old who is disappointed his favorite player is whining.

People like me are the ones not retarded enough to think our team will actually cut a guy and eat his $9 Million cap hit. That has ZERO chance of happening, so give the professional player who has, in the past, shown himself to be a premier player, some fucking cushion, cause he's gonna be on our roster next year, whether you like it or not. Grow up, and think like an adult, not a 10 year old who is disappointed his favorite player is whining.

1. he is not my favorite player

2. Zero chance? Thanks GM Colincock

3. I'm not 10 yrs old

McGahee is the one that needs to grow up and not act like a 10-year old on a Pop Warner team.

How is he acting like a 10 year-old? He was on a fucking interview. The interviewer asked him why he hasn't been able to replicate his performance and Willis gave an HONEST response. It's a fact that getting lighter will make a Runing Back more susceptible to injuries, and thats what happened to Willis. He isn't pulling a TO and complaining about getting the ball either, he's simply stating that because he tried to change to impress Harbaugh, he has gotten injured more then he normally would. This is ridiculous that people think he's acting like a 10 year old. Now, if he happens to go off on the coaching staff after we (hopefully dont) get beat in the playoff's, then I will agree. But, as of now, he isn't really causing any trouble.

And, yes ZERO chance we cut him. We aren't gonna eat 9 Million dollars by cutting a good player at a Running back position where players get injured week in and week out.

How is he acting like a 10 year-old? He was on a fucking interview. The interviewer asked him why he hasn't been able to replicate his performance and Willis gave an HONEST response. It's a fact that getting lighter will make a Runing Back more susceptible to injuries, and thats what happened to Willis. He isn't pulling a TO and complaining about getting the ball either, he's simply stating that because he tried to change to impress Harbaugh, he has gotten injured more then he normally would. This is ridiculous that people think he's acting like a 10 year old. Now, if he happens to go off on the coaching staff after we (hopefully dont) get beat in the playoff's, then I will agree. But, as of now, he isn't really causing any trouble.

And, yes ZERO chance we cut him. We aren't gonna eat 9 Million dollars by cutting a good player at a Running back position where players get injured week in and week out.

He is acting like a 10-year old because he is blaming everyone else except himself. He is not taking responsiblity. It is like Schmuck said, if Willis had attended the offseason workouts, then yes, he would be justified in his comments. However, he has no ground to make those comments because he was not in Baltimore in the offseason.

Every player on this team had to change their offseason workout, yet this team is 11-5. Willis is the only one complaining about this, and is the only one who is not having a career year.

So lets see, Willis complains about Harbaugh's workouts, yet misses most of the offseason workouts, then shows up to training camp overweight at 238 pounds. Maybe Willis's idea was that if he was going to have to workout Harbaugh's way, he was just not going to workout at all.

Let his play on the field do his talking. He was trouble in Buffalo remember. Why did Ozzie think things would be different here? He was and can still be a good running back. A good running back does his talking with his legs not his mouth. Hes had injuries then all he needed to say is hes had injuries and let it go at that. Less Is More Willis. We love Ya Willis. Stop the BS now.

Now that I think about it some of willis's fumbles seemed intentional to me during the season. Has anyone else thought of this? If hes that much about him (me) then I wouldn't put it past him. The Ravens need to be judicious when using Willis now. Close games keeps him on the bench. I don't trust what his intentions are now.

Now that I think about it some of willis's fumbles seemed intentional to me during the season. Has anyone else thought of this? If hes that much about him (me) then I wouldn't put it past him. The Ravens need to be judicious when using Willis now. Close games keeps him on the bench. I don't trust what his intentions are now.

LMFAO

Post of the year, without a doubt.

What has Willis said that is any different than what T-Sizz stated to the media in the beginning of the season?

Fact is Savage has been fired so theres no way to trade him and the 9 mil Cap Hit to Leaveland, cant cut him because of the 9 mil Cap hit..

Hopefully with this now out in all the media outlets, he will go out and play lights out Sunday.

And I also heard that the interview was 15 minutes long, you know they can edit the shit out of any interview and make it sound negative.

Maese has an article about it today. Some snippets:

But there was one snippet that is worth further discussion. Asked about his future, McGahee acknowledged he's completing a "crazy" year and added: "I'm just going to go out there and play for me. I can't play for nobody else but me."

We focus on those words not because they reflect on McGahee, but because they speak to the Ravens as a team. In fact, they seem to reveal why McGahee hasn't meshed with this remodeled Ravens unit.

This season's team features many Pro Bowl performers and All-Pro performances. There are at least two near-certain Hall of Famers in the locker room. There are guys playing for new contracts, guys playing for their legacies and guys playing for a job.

But not many who are playing for themselves.

Go through the roster. Hard to imagine many daring to utter something like, "I can't play for nobody else but me," isn't it?

Full story: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...,1248801.column

I don't attack players without merit. And what I have said about McGahee, little of it is attack... but it is criticism.

That said, I don't attack players without merit. I don't just go after Ray or Joe or anyone else on this team for the fun of it. Ok, I admit, one exception: Corey Ivy.

Wait. I take it back. Corey Ivy's play merits attack.

Willis is a professional football player. Professional. He does this for a living. So, like every other guy out there, he has opened himself up to criticism for his actions and words when they pertain to his on-field performance.

Again, Colin... which of these traits about Willis do you tend to like...

1. His laziness and general lack of work ethic (long displayed here and in Buffalo)

2. His poor performance with this team this year

3. His poor attitude

4. The fact that he is one of only 2 or 3 players on this team to be calling out his coach publicly

Seriously, though... how dare Willis claim his injuries are the result of Harbaugh's regiment. Willis has been injury prone his entire career. He came to Baltimore never really getting through a season healthy. Last year was the exception, not the rule. And now he has the nerve to say his injuries are someone else's fault?

Seriously, though... how dare Willis claim his injuries are the result of Harbaugh's regiment. Willis has been injury prone his entire career. He came to Baltimore never really getting through a season healthy. Last year was the exception, not the rule. And now he has the nerve to say his injuries are someone else's fault?

Exactly, Willis's injuries are a result of coming into camp overweight at 238 pounds. There is no one to blame but himself.

There was so much potential for Willis this year with Cam coming in as the OC. Willis is the prototypical Cam Cameron runningback. Willis did not seize the opportunity. Even through all the injuries, we will still see flashes of what can be with Willis. Hopefully Willis takes this season as a message and really steps up his work ethic. However, I do not think he has gotten the message, nor do I think he ever will. Even still, I do not think he is going anywhere.

I don't like ANY of those qualities, and, since you probably can't tell from my tone thus far in the thread, I dont like McGahee as much as Rice or McClain. However, I'm just trying to be rational. The guy is gonna be here next year, that's a near certainty. Because of that fact, I'm gonna try to support him and hope he can come out and run the ball hard. Being pessimistic does no good to anyone, and though McGahee has certainly not shown he has a team-first attitude in his time here, I dont think THESE comments he made are news-worthy. I agree that trying to change your game for a coach can cause injuries, and though that isn't something I would want McGahee stating publicly, its the truth.

"Honestly, they just took part of the whole conversation out of context and made it all about me and there was more stuff I said about the team," McGahee said Wednesday. "That's how it all escalated. It was taken out of proportion." Ravens HC John Harbaugh said he wasn't worried about McGahee's remarks, which have drawn some criticism locally from media and fans. "No, I'm not concerned about that at all," Harbaugh said.

I don't like ANY of those qualities, and, since you probably can't tell from my tone thus far in the thread, I dont like McGahee as much as Rice or McClain. However, I'm just trying to be rational. The guy is gonna be here next year, that's a near certainty. Because of that fact, I'm gonna try to support him and hope he can come out and run the ball hard. Being pessimistic does no good to anyone, and though McGahee has certainly not shown he has a team-first attitude in his time here, I dont think THESE comments he made are news-worthy. I agree that trying to change your game for a coach can cause injuries, and though that isn't something I would want McGahee stating publicly, its the truth.

First, it's not about being pessimistic. It's about recognizing the player that McGahee is. He is the kind of player that I don't want starting. I don't want him influencing the rest of the team with that attitude.

He's gonna be here next year? Fine. That's ok. But I'm not just going to blindly support him. I'm going to support him when he starts acting like the kind of player we want here. Until then, I'm going to continue to make sure that his attitude issues are well known so that we don't hear excuses about his poor play.

Additionally... lots of things can cause you injuries. But unless you are trying your absolute hardest to avoid them, you cannot point fingers at others. As I said before, McGahee has always been injury prone... at Miami, in Buffalo, and now here. And most everyone will agree it has to do with his laziness in the offseason. So until he fixes his own routines and habits, I don't want anyone, especially him, blaming Harbaugh's training regiment.

In other words... I'm still waiting for people to tell McGahee to sit down and shut up instead of telling ME to sit down a shut up.