ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Browns preview that is to great

papasmurfbell

Make no mistake - this will be a very, very tough game. In case you slept thorough Sunday, the Browns were a missed (and bad snap) 50 + yd FG from taking a 23-20 victory AT Cincy. Cincy took us the full 60 minutes at M & T and nearly snuck a win..

My point: Another tough game against an often overlooked but potentially dangerous oppponent. Very much like the Seattle game.

The bigger point: Here is our opportunity to squash a lesser opponent and eliminate this "playing down to our competition" stigma.

We need to come flying out the gates in Cleveland. If we do and assert ourselves early, we will be ok. If not and we go into halftime either down or tied, we are in for another snot knocker......again.

Make no mistake - this will be a very, very tough game. In case you slept thorough Sunday, the Browns were a missed (and bad snap) 50 + yd FG from taking a 23-20 victory AT Cincy. Cincy took us the full 60 minutes at M & T and nearly snuck a win..

My point: Another tough game against an often overlooked but potentially dangerous oppponent. Very much like the Seattle game.

The bigger point: Here is our opportunity to squash a lesser opponent and eliminate this "playing down to our competition" stigma.

We need to come flying out the gates in Cleveland. If we do and assert ourselves early, we will be ok. If not and we go into halftime either down or tied, we are in for another snot knocker......again.

Shitty weather expected for sunday, winds will be up and temps in the 40's, afternoon rain.

The Browns are a bad team. They're bad.

Now....that doesn't mean they will be an easy opponent for the Ravens. The Browns have been crappy for a very long time, but they do play hard and well against the Ravens.

The Ravens better look out.

Why?

1. Because this is the Brownies Super Bowl.

2. Because of the familiarity of playing each other twice a year...these teams know each other well...as do the Bengals and Steelers.

3. The 2011 Ravens can't get focused and beat shitty teams. They will play down to the level of their opponent. Which brings me too...

4. The Ravens can't handle success. Can't handle being in the drivers seat.

brownscartoon.jpg

The Ravens will win because as much as Cam will have a crappy game plan and the offense will try to give the ball to the Browns...well...the Browns will do their best to give it right back like they did to the Bengals.

Max,

I agree with your Browns analysis just not your optimism on the outcome. I see this game exactly like the Seatlle game:

* Crappy weather conditions

* Error prone game

* Letdown after SF win

* Browns Super Bowl

* Very tough D - especailly against the pass (# 1 in the NFL I believe)

That adds up to a pick em game. Would not be surprised by a FG margin of victory - either way.

It's true....

The Cleveland Browns are having such a difficult time this season, they can’t even win coin tosses, let alone games.

The Browns dropped to 4-7 on the season after losing to the Bengals Sunday. Even more improbably, they lost the coin toss for the 11th time this year.

That’s right, even though the chances of correctly calling a coin flip are 50-50, the Browns have managed to go 0-11 on coin flips. The odds against that are 2,048-1.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/chances_arent_browns_now_0_11_on_coin_tosses_this_season/8386207

Hillis breakout game came against the Ravens last year happened because noone was prepared for him. If I recall correctly, Redding got hurt and we had to rotate in T Pryce? He will not sneak up on us again. He's lost the element of surprise and I expect the Run D to handle him.