ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is Ray Broke?

cokedupwerewolf

Is all the stuff about Ray refusing the home town discount and seeming to only really care about the money at this point due to him having huge money troubles?

I'm not sure how much of these things are true, but I've heard several things that could easily make this true. First that he recently or some what recently paid a big settlement to peoplein regards to the Atlanta thing, and second because we had A LOT(like the 5-8 range) of kids and many are with different women. I was just wondering anyone knows anything about these things, because if they are it makes sense the way he acting right now, and also could make our job of keeping him around if it really is about EVERY dollar.

I wouldn't be surprised that he is hurting for money. Because of the Atlanta incident, what he didn't pay in settlement, he paid in legal fees as well as lack of endorsement money throughout his career (only recently has he shown up in more adverstisements). Tthe kid situation doesn't help.

I wouldn't be surprised that he is hurting for money. Because of the Atlanta incident, what he didn't pay in settlement, he paid in legal fees as well as lack of endorsement money throughout his career (only recently has he shown up in more adverstisements). Tthe kid situation doesn't help.

Don't forget about his failing business that he has. At least I think they are failing?

Personally, this whole conversation is a joke.

First, Ray is PLENTY endorsed. UnderArmour, Adidas, Madden, etc... He may not have commercials everywhere, but only the top 3-4 names in the league get that kind of attention at any given time. But he does have his endorsements and plenty of money coming in from them.

Second, an speculation about his family is just insane. Yes, he has a lot of kids with a lot of women. But if he's not married to them and never was, they don't get alimony or any other money... they only get child support. And even at a ridiculously high rate, it that would hardly scratch the surface of his annual salary.

As for legal incidents? Legal fees might be costing him a bit. And so might a payout to the Atlanta families... but we don't know any details there and it's silly to try to guess. Even if there was some kind of payout, he would be given the right to pay in increments like anyone else and it wouldn't be killing his current income.

Bottom line: Ray is going hard for his money because he thinks he deserves it. He has always played his hand close and always been tough to bargain with - maybe not Terrell Suggs tough at times, but still tough. He thinks he knows his value to this team and to any team and he wants that value matched. Hell, we're hearing that the Pats may franchise Matt Cassel for 14.5m... 14.5m for a back-up quarterback. How much do great defensive leaders make? Half that? He wants his pay and, even if I think it's greedy, I can't blame him for it.

Stick ice in water and watch what the water level does when it melts. Ice takes up more space than water.

Incorrect.

The molecules in ice are more tightly packed together than they are in water. More water means more space required per molecule, which means the water level will increase.

Ocean levels rising or falling with the melting of the polar ice cap...volume is the key, or is it?

Molecular basis for the Volume Increase of Ice:

The normal pattern for most compounds is that as the temperature of the liquid increases, the density decreases as the molecules spread out from each other. As the temperature decreases, the density increases as the molecules become more closely packed. This pattern does not hold true for ice as the exact opposite occurs.

In liquid water each molecule is hydrogen bonded to approximately 3.4 other water molecules. In ice each each molecule is hydrogen bonded to 4 other molecules.

The above would indicate that as the ice melts the volume of displaced water would decrease resulting in a lowering of ocean levels, but...how much of the current volume of melting ice is actually sitting out/above the ocean? That fact changes everything. One would have to calculate the volume drop of ice "submerged" melting versus the volume increase due to new volumes of water being introduced by ice melting that is currently out/above the surface of the oceans. You'll also have to add in the new volume of water created by melting ice in the form of runoff from land like Antartica and Greenland.

And how about this angle...

Global warming causes ice to melt in arctic caps.

Between more ice melting and more global warming, the overall ocean temperature changes slightly (up or down).

The slight change in temperature disrupts major ocean systems... like the Gulf Stream, which with little explanation, delivers warmer water and therefore warmer climate to areas from the east coast of the US (us, the north east) to the west of Europe (Portugal, England, etc)...

The dissolution of the Gulf Stream changes the climate of most northern countries and land masses, and the water surrounding them...

... thus lowering overall global temperatures and ocean temperatures... and resulting in more ice?

(head spinning yet?)

That's the basis of The Day After Tomorrow... though the movie clearly stretched it... but still, quite funky.

What kind of person does it make me if I really don't care whether global warming is real or not? :unsure:

It makes you a true blue American. We just consume, we don't give a rat's ass about the ramifications.

Edited by cravnravn