ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2 Questions

vmax

Will Cam give Ray Rice the proper number of carries?

Will Joe show up?

That's the game as far as I'm concerned because I see the defense having a bad hair day....so they have to control the clock and score...a lot.

64555212.jpg

Edited by vmax

VA,

With much respect... I think you've got it totally backwards. Without a gameplan centered on Rice and providing Rice with the opportunity to relieve Flacco of the burden, we stand no chance.

Meanwhile - did anyone see Cameron trying to duck the Rice question by saying "He's getting the same percentage of touches compared to years passed, we're just putting fewer plays on the field for a number of reasons"... only to be totally debunked by sports writers who can do math... Rice is down to 32% of our touches going his way (and a higher number as passes than runs than in the past), compared to 36% his two best years. May not see like much, but Cameron is just full of it. Rice has always been in the range of 35-36% (thought 12 weeks), 32% is a marked decline.To make it easy: it's a 10% decline in his touches as a total of team touches.

Will Cam give Ray Rice the proper number of carries?

Will Joe show up?

That's the game as far as I'm concerned because I see the defense having a bad hair day....so they have to control the clock and score...a lot.

64555212.jpg

Joe has been inconsistent enough that I do not think we can say he doesn't show up when he has a bad game. His inconsistency is part of his game, at least for now. He flat out has not been good enough the last quarter of the season. If Jacoby Jones doesnt run a kick back, and if Rice doesnt convert an amazing 4th down then we are sitting at 7 and 5 with at least a sizable portion of the reason being Joes play.

Rice should get the ball a bunch more, not that I think that excuses any of Joe's up and down play. Joes is decent (as always IMO) but Rice is excellent. Give him the ball. And/or let Flacco dump the ball off to him. That way Joe's numbers look better than they might otherwise too.

VA,

With much respect... I think you've got it totally backwards. Without a gameplan centered on Rice and providing Rice with the opportunity to relieve Flacco of the burden, we stand no chance.

Meanwhile - did anyone see Cameron trying to duck the Rice question by saying "He's getting the same percentage of touches compared to years passed, we're just putting fewer plays on the field for a number of reasons"... only to be totally debunked by sports writers who can do math... Rice is down to 32% of our touches going his way (and a higher number as passes than runs than in the past), compared to 36% his two best years. May not see like much, but Cameron is just full of it. Rice has always been in the range of 35-36% (thought 12 weeks), 32% is a marked decline.To make it easy: it's a 10% decline in his touches as a total of team touches.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Rice must likewise bring an outstanding game and be extremely effective. Meanwhile, Bazooka Joe needs to bring an A + game to Fed Ex. I m saying that if Joe doesn't, regardless of Rice's contributions, we don't win. That's all.

2 Answers

NO

NO

Joe has reached his potential, as a matter of fact hes fallen off this year, hes a below 60% completion rate, which in unacceptable, with this offensive fire power he has 15 TD's this year, he has 9 turnovers, I honestly think last year was his top performance.He is proving that he cant lead this team to a championship.

2 Answers

NO

NO

Joe has reached his potential, as a matter of fact hes fallen off this year, hes a below 60% completion rate, which in unacceptable, with this offensive fire power he has 15 TD's this year, he has 9 turnovers, I honestly think last year was his top performance.He is proving that he cant lead this team to a championship.

easy now.

Are you sure? Most of the time we cannot see downfield on the TV angles so I think its hard to say for sure whether its a Joe problem or a Cam problem.

Whether Cam is a big problem or not doesn't change the fact that Joe hasn't been good lately.

The way I see it, Joe has proven he's not good enough to carry a team. He might be able to take them to a Super Bowl someday but he will never be a top 5 quarterback because of his inconsistency. I wonder sometimes if he's a top 15 this year.

That plus the defense has big holes. These aren't the Ravens of yesteryear. The window has closed.

We need help on the DL, LB, S, LT and LG. I don't know what to do about Joe. I don't think all these problems can be addressed in one off-season.

I would draft a LT move Oher back to RT where he is better and move KO to LG. They have safteies they drafted this yr. Need to see them develop this off season. So I see DL, LB and LT as the main needs.

I would move Oher to LG instead.

I see LT, C, NT, ILB, OLB and FS as needs.