ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Broncos Game

vmax

Ravens fans are shivering in their shoes with Manning and the mighty Broncos coming to town.

Do not join them!

animal-house-speech_288x288.jpg "Denvers beaten nobody!!!"

5 of their wins are in their own very weak division..KC, Oakland and San Diego. They have only defeated one team with a winning record...the 7-6 Stealers.

Anybody'd have a 4th ranked offense and defense with that cupcake schedule!

They played these guys!...

Animal-House0016.JPEG

Is that Kruger, Ngata, and Femi's Brother in that picture? And that has to be Pees in the wheel chair.

Im not feeling it again this week.

Bottom line is we have to put 30+ on Denver to stand a chance, Joe couldnt put 30 on the worst D in the NFL last week.

Crav,

Good points. On the D side, how in the heck are we going to contain (?) Manning with our walking wounded defense plus its inability

to really stop 3rd string QB Batch (in our house) and rookies RGIII and Kirk Cousins. I see Manning and Co easily putting up 30 +.

To your point, Joe has to play mistake free ball, open it up, spread it around and use a heavy, heavy dose of Rice (Rice must have a career game). Has Joe ever done that, and can we reasonably expect it against the NFL's 4th ranked defense (albeit against Max's alleged weaker opponents).

Denver is playing as well as any team in the NFL. Its a very, very tall order. I will be happy if we just hang with these guys.

:gorave:

Hang with them??? no a 3 point loss feels worse then a 30 point loss, if we hang with those sunsabitches, I expect to win..The Skids game is still lingering with me..

I feel your pain on the tough losses. It still miffs me that the refs blew that fumbled KO (w/4 min left) in Skins game. My beloved Skins fans are still talking smack (I live in Skins country - its horrible :nono: ) .

On the flip side, we ve caight our share of breaks this yr - Dallas game (they missed last second FG), NE game (Tucker's last second FG by a whisker), and SD (Ray Rice's 29 yd rescue run).

Bottom line- we are going to have to bring our A game, Flacco/Rice are going to have to play awesome, and the D has to show up. if we do all three, we will make it a game.

Anything less, I dont like our chances.

We're going down the tubes this Sunday. I don't think we'll win another game unless Joe has a miracle turnaround and the defense finds some talent.

In other words, it looks bleak.

And, yes, next year just might be a rebuilding year.

We're going down the tubes this Sunday. I don't think we'll win another game unless Joe has a miracle turnaround and the defense finds some talent.

In other words, it looks bleak.

We may or may not go down the tubes Sunday but not without a fight. I agree we are lacking in

talent and or healthy personnel- which may do us in - but who knows maybe some guys will step it up and play inspired ball.

I agree we may take a step or two back next year.

In fact, until we solidify our LOS - both sides - and fortify the positions of LB, S, CB and TE, we will likely be mired in the tweeter ranks - 6 to 9 win team. Unless we strike gold in the draft - e.g. Manti Teo type - or free agency, we look to be very mediocre the next couple years.

For whats its worth - this team has been incredibly successful over the past decade. We should be thankful for such a solid, winning organizatoon. Imagine how it must be to follow a team like Kansas City, Oakland or Jacksonville right now.

Varaven, we have had outstanding success for a long time. You're right about the OL and DL. Both need an infusion of talent at more than 2 positiions. And LB and S are also very needy. I think out CB situation will improve once we get Webb back. Hopefully, he comes back as good as before. Easy for me to say, I haven't torn the ACLs in both knees like he's experienced. He's also a good guy and a team leader.

I can live with mediocrity for a few seasons as long as they play entertaining football. :thumbup:

A week ago when I heard people on the air saying the Ravens wouldn't win another game this yr I was laughing at them. Not I am thinking it might just happen. I didn't see how they would lose to Wash.

I frankly thought we would lose to the Skins. The matchup, karma, skins urgency didn't seem favorable for us. Whatever.

It would not surprise me in the least for us to lose the last 3 games, finish on a 5 game losing streak and end up 9-7. It would no more surprise me if the Steelers win out and win the Division and we tie the Bengals at 9-7 and comes down to a tiebreaker for a wild card.

It's a week to week league, whose got the hot hand, and a little luck at the end.

I thought 9-7, maybe 10-6 if we're lucky. Looks like it will end up that way.

I've heard a lot of people say this and I can't see it. Unless we have another major injury plagued season like we are having now, I think the team competes next year. We have plenty of talent on offense including an above average QB and a stud RB. We have Suggs, Ngata, and Webb who will still be in their prime. Upshaw will be improved. Cary Williams will likely be gone but Smith should be able to fill his shoes. I don't know that we'll be one of the top 3 teams in the league but I think we will compete for a playoff spot.

Upshaw has shown real improvement, and suprising so has Kruger, he leads the Ravens with 7 1/2 sacks this season..We got to get Ngata healthy, we have to get pressure on the opposing QB..I just seen the replay of the Skids game, how in the hell to you give a QB that has played 1 snap all that time to throw to a wide open Garcon, and to throw salt in the wound let him run the 2 point conversion in..That is one play we could have used a healthy Ngata and a Ray Lewis type..Yes that f'n game is still lingering with me.!!!!!!

Pops and 82,

Theres no such thing as rebuilding in todays NFL, not with free agency in play, we retool..If you look at it we are 3 players away from a dominant D again, we need a MLB, a safety and CB..

Teams like Miami, KC, Arizona are teams that rebuild, hell Miami has been rebuilding since Marino retired.

For as bad as this season has become, we still somehow will make the playoffs, hell the last game is shaping up to be the AFCN Super Bowl.The winner of that game will most likely host the loser the following week in the wild card.

Pops and 82,

Theres no such thing as rebuilding in todays NFL, not with free agency in play, we retool..If you look at it we are 3 players away from a dominant D again, we need a MLB, a safety and CB..

Teams like Miami, KC, Arizona are teams that rebuild, hell Miami has been rebuilding since Marino retired.

For as bad as this season has become, we still somehow will make the playoffs, hell the last game is shaping up to be the AFCN Super Bowl.The winner of that game will most likely host the loser the following week in the wild card.

The offense needs a good LT because Oher hasn't played well there. We need a Center to replace Birk who will probably retire and I have no idea if Gradkowski is any good. We need a LG still to replace Grubbs. On D, we need an LB, and need to fill the other two positions on the DL (Ngata can't do it all). We need a new S to replace Ed Reed. Jimmy Smith hasn't shown me as yet he can play in this league so we might need another CB.

Lots of holes. If Ozzie can fill them in 1 year we're retooling but if it takes 2-3 years we're rebuilding, I think the second scenario is much more likely

As at least Peyton is not playing for the "team that used to be in Baltimore" that the Baltimore PR announcer said everytime that Peyton playing with the Colts. Does not have to say that anymore. Still harboring grudges against the Colts leaving Baltimore in 1984.

The offense needs a good LT because Oher hasn't played well there. We need a Center to replace Birk who will probably retire and I have no idea if Gradkowski is any good. We need a LG still to replace Grubbs. On D, we need an LB, and need to fill the other two positions on the DL (Ngata can't do it all). We need a new S to replace Ed Reed. Jimmy Smith hasn't shown me as yet he can play in this league so we might need another CB.

Lots of holes. If Ozzie can fill them in 1 year we're retooling but if it takes 2-3 years we're rebuilding, I think the second scenario is much more likely

KO is so much better at LG. We have to see if Gradkowski can play next yr. They need to draft a LT.

Hang with them??? no a 3 point loss feels worse then a 30 point loss, if we hang with those sunsabitches, I expect to win..The Skids game is still lingering with me..

I am so with you on this. I was just thinking about it the other day. The Houston game did not bother me as much as the last two losses. When the Ravens go down 14 points or so in a game, I'm mad, but I'll take that over being (for lack of a better word) depressed and it's those crushing last second come from ahead defeats that depress me.