ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Near Deal with Rolando McClain

colincac

Got a question on McClain's contract and status: IF he does pan out and becomes a starter with a good attitude for us, would we have 'exclusive rights' to him in 2014 since he would have 4 years or less of NFL service, or would he become just another free agent??

• Upvote 1

Got a question on McClain's contract and status: IF he does pan out and becomes a starter with a good attitude for us, would we have 'exclusive rights' to him in 2014 since he would have 4 years or less of NFL service, or would he become just another free agent??

I don't know that but I know he only counts $200,000 against the Cap.

Cap update...

Even with a contract that totals $1.1 million with incentives, McClain's deal counts just $220,000 against the Ravens' cap this year. The Ravens currently have $3.9 million in salary-cap room, but will gain another $2.5 million from the Bernard Pollard release on June 2, putting them almost $6.5 million at that point if no other major moves are made.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog/5913/McClain-Joins-Ravens-Team-That-Polices-Its-Own

Ravens are getting Cap healthy.

I don't know that but I know he only counts $200,000 against the Cap.

Cap update...

Ravens are getting Cap healthy.

I don't understand the incentive effect on the cap. If he reaches the incentives do those not count against the cap? If not, why isn't every contract heavily-incentive based... I understand the players would rather have the guaranteed money, but you'd think there would be more incentives.

I don't understand the incentive effect on the cap. If he reaches the incentives do those not count against the cap? If not, why isn't every contract heavily-incentive based... I understand the players would rather have the guaranteed money, but you'd think there would be more incentives.

Good question...I've wondered about that myself. Anybody know?

It was a brilliant move.

Gotta thank the owner for listening to his buddies and ignoring the football people.

there is no sop for winning a Super bowl. Or else everyone would be doing it.

There are SOP's about running football orgs. There is a reason why it is a copycat league.

It counts against the cap. The money comes off the cap now. If he does not reach the incentive then that money goes back to the cap for 2014.

• 2 weeks later...