ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Once again, Mike Preston proved to be a liar and a fraud

Tornado700

Preston ought to be fired from the Baltimore Sun after fraudently lying by stating that the decision to hire Gary Kubiak was made by only Ozzie and Bisciotti. Preston emphatically wrote that John Harbaugh was a non factor in this decision. Does Preston hate John Harbaugh so much that he would intentionally write a story without any proof, such as actually speaking to members of the Ravens front office? Or does he believe that he is so grand that he can write whatever he wants, whether it is true or not? I urge you to read the article by Raven Vice President Kevin Byrne on this subject, in Baltimore Ravens.com. It is clear as day that Mike Preston blatantly lied about this and should be immediately terminated from his employment with the Baltimore Sun. Of course, I won't hold my breath since they probably encouraged him to write it to "invent" another story to sell their newspapers. They are as crooked as Preston is.

No one wants to hear a liar

Apparently everyone does or he would not have a job. Look, I heard him, Preston, say directly that when the staff for the Ravens came out for the presser, John uttered a "we are ordered to sit this way". Preston said, on radio mind you, that he heard it clearly.

Did he? Sure, but not in the context he claims. Byrne is in control of press conferences. Every team, I repeat, EVERY TEAM has the same set of rules for press conferences. They want to present a certain look, so the media staff makes an order of who sits where who comes out first etc. Not an order such as rule from the owner as Preston was trying to say, but as 1, 2, 3, 4, order.....

Some fans are now saying Byrne is just putting out fires, covering up. I submit, as proof, the above of what Preston, how he turns things into controversial issues. The sad part was, Norris & davis both have been through press conferences before, they know exactly the context those words were used and yet, they too let Preston keep going on that point as if it was some hidden cookie, or is that a hidden donut.

Here's the way I view it, am I to take the word of a high ranking Ravens official, or do I take the word of a beat writer, who by the way has a long history of making stories up to get readers?

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Even if it had been 2 beat writer's stories, Byrne's story sounds way more plausible than Fatties.

• Upvote 1

no, Preston wants just wht he got, your post, people talking about him, radio shows talking about him, having him on air, callers phoning in, .......

Of coooourse!!! That is what I have been saying.

So you think Byrne who is the Ravens version of the White House press sec isn't in the job of spinning? His job is to make the Ravens look good if that takes lying then so be it. Come on Kubs was not on the radar really. He said himself that he talked with Harbs for the first time 2 days ago. They have neutered him but they don't want the bad PR of it. They want to prevent Harbs on the hot seast from day 1 of 2014.

• Upvote 3

So you think Byrne who is the Ravens version of the White House press sec isn't in the job of spinning? His job is to make the Ravens look good if that takes lying then so be it. Come on Kubs was not on the radar really. He said himself that he talked with Harbs for the first time 2 days ago. They have neutered him but they don't want the bad PR of it. They want to prevent Harbs on the hot seast from day 1 of 2014.

That is one way to see it Papa, however, as I said on another thread. It is more likely they wanted Kubs very much but, with all the coaching jobs out there, he wanted to look at them first and made that known to the Ravens. They then were prudent in interviewing other coordinators for the job, including asking the Cowboys for permission to interview Callahan, but were denied,

So when the talks between Cleveland and Kubs broke down, the Ravens called him, on thursday. He came in on Sunday and signed on Monday. To me, to most sensible people, you don't sign a person in one day unless you know everything you need to know about him, unless you see he is the best because you did your homework by talking to others first.

This does not mean Harbs was not involved, does not mean Steve and Ozzie made the move without Harbs.

I have already showed you in this thread now Preston spun the press conference, what makes you think he isn't spinning this as well? What makes you think Harmon, the odd man out after what, 15 years, didn't sour grape the Ravens to Preston?

In the end it matters not, Preston is only interested in gaining hits, clicks, readers, talk radio mentions. Byrne's job yes is to make the Ravens look good, but Kibs said him self he spoke with John "a few days earlier about the job" so that should end it.....

And Harbs said he had been talkings to Kubs for weeks. So one guys says a couple of days and the other says a couple of weeks. That is very different. There is way to much smoke here.

Both can be true sir. They likely spoke to Kubs shortly after Caldwell started interviewing to see if he would be interested in coming to Baltimore. I am sure he stated he wanted to see about other Head Coaching jobs FIRST. That would lead to what i described earlier; thus both being correct and Preston being the instigator he is, wrong in his assertions, in the context he viewed....

People can believe who they want to believe.... A beat writer who's controversial or the Ravens PR guy.....To me if Harbs wasn't so protective of Juan this story wouldn't have had legs

That is why you have to read between the lines. Nothing can be taken a face value the way hires and retention have been done during this tenure.

No one can really say what happened in this decision making process unless they were in on it and none of us, including Preston, were. All we can say is we have a 'feeling' one way or the other.

My 'feeling' is that Harbs was 'guided' into making this choice. But I have no proof so anyone else's 'feeling' could be just as valid.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/01/29/mark-zinno-the-ravens-failed-media-101/

Everyone in the media is trying to “break the story” and be first. Even if you have a good relationship with the media, they will still do their job first and worry about your job second. So the newer, 2014-philosophy on how to handle the media is to be out in front of them and give them the story the way you want it told, not through someone else’s eyes.

I disagree with most of Zinno but I agree with this.

Agree wholeheartedly with this. Some of you guys are going hard on Preston but I bet Byrne's article isn't entirely factual either. He is a PR guy for goodness sakes. Take what he says with a grain of salt. I'm glad Kubiak is our OC though.

But Linehan didn't get a second interview, and Wilson was informed on Saturday that the Ravens were prepared to go in another direction. According to multiple sources, that direction was either Hostler or Shanahan. Hostler, Harbaugh's wide receivers coach for the entirety of his tenure, was perceived as the favorite because of his close relationship with Flacco and his success grooming some of the organization's young receivers.

However, the plan apparently changed at some point over the weekend, leading to Kubiak and Dennison's trip into Baltimore. Harbaugh acknowledged that he spoke to owner Steve Bisciotti about the decision, but he denied that the hiring was ordered from the top.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-sources-gary-kubiak-emerging-as-frontrunner-for-ravens-offensive-coordinator-job-20140127,0,3881621.story#ixzz2rtKYXNcd

So maybe it is a Sun conspiracy.