Tray Walker's Fight

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Ravens, Orioles, Exercise/Biking, and the stage...

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

In critical condition after a motorcycle accident.  Sounds dire...

http://www.baltimore...e3-d4e6cd286ff5

#2 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:54 PM

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Eric Weddle: “You can’t just chalk it up to being ‘one bad game.’ It’s serious. We can’t play like that.”

#3 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:17 PM

Not good

http://www.csnmidatl...-not-doing-well

#4 TBird

TBird

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:36 PM

Damn motorcyles - A good friend of mine was killed on one. A car zoomed out from a side street

forcing the pickup in front of him to hit the brakes.  Billy's bike hit the pickup and was thrown over it.

At the funeral parlor you could see where neck was broken and head was just kind of laying vs the neck

like it was completely broken. He made it to shock trauma but die later in the evening. Had he been

driving a car he'd still be alive.

It was a very violent death. I was in traffic court and the judge gave a guy the max penalty he could

give him for speeding on a bike.

#5 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:34 PM

He passed according to the Sun. RIP
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#6 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:02 PM

Damn, that sucks. 23. RIP
Hi.

#7 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:11 PM

Absolutely devastating. Looked like a residential street, not busy at all. Could have happened to anyone. Very sad.

#8 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

Not to judge, but report: hearing no headlight, dark clothing, not sure who had right of way
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#9 Tornado700

Tornado700

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Ravens, Md. Terps

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

Not to judge, but report: hearing no headlight, dark clothing, not sure who had right of way

Who cares? This topic is about mourning his loss.

#10 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:28 PM

Who cares? This topic is about mourning his loss.

In response to Cleetz remarking on the innocuous scene.

#11 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:17 PM

RIP... sounded like a great teammate and person. Shame.

#12 oldno82

oldno82

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:35 AM

Just f--kin terrible! My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Eric Weddle: “You can’t just chalk it up to being ‘one bad game.’ It’s serious. We can’t play like that.”

#13 Preacher

Preacher

Undrafted Free Agent

• 68 posts
  • Interests:literature, Steelers, shooting, research

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:34 AM

Just heard about this on my home forum and wanted to come on over and offer my condolences. Times like this we're reminded football's just a game and there's real human beings wearing opposing colors and jerseys.

Also, props to John Harbaugh for his heartfelt letter. Well-written and tasteful, which is difficult to achieve with that kind of letter under these circumstances. 

Posted Image

#14 cravnravn

cravnravn

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,942 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:06 AM

Thanks Preacher,

Very sad day for his family.

#15 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,881 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:23 AM

Just heard about this on my home forum and wanted to come on over and offer my condolences. Times like this we're reminded football's just a game and there's real human beings wearing opposing colors and jerseys.

Also, props to John Harbaugh for his heartfelt letter. Well-written and tasteful, which is difficult to achieve with that kind of letter under these circumstances. 

That is one fabulous message.

Lead in your home. Take care of Your Family and Yourself every single day. Think about who you are and where you are going, and what you stand for. Look after one another. Only then can you be your most effective on the job and in every area of your life.

Please consider your actions and choices. There are always consequences. Choose who you allow to advise you. Consider the quality of the council you take. Put yourself in positions to succeed. Turn away from unnecessary and risky behavior. Take care of your physical well-being. Live a healthy lifestyle. Pursue those things that make you better. Rest well. Eat well. Laugh with those who you love and love you. Fulfil your obligations effectively.

Be your own best friend. Do not be an enemy onto yourself. Turn away from trouble and harm. Walk away from foolish behavior. Ignore silly and unwise advice – You’ll know it when you see it.

Get to know those people in your life who manage to walk free from the weight of self-created obstacles. Get close to those who have gone where you want to go, and have accomplished what you want to accomplish. Grow Spiritually. Think about what and who you want to become.

I am asking you to consider what is at stake in your life. Consider what your thoughts, actions and choices mean to those around you. Live your life fully and with purpose. Have fun and share your happiness. Find Your Faith, and allow God to Grow Your Faith.

Let’s look out for one another. Be a great brother and friend. Inquire. Listen. Ask. Investigate. Reach out. Be There. Take a Step. Go For It.

Remember, We are Brothers in Arms. And, again, take care of each other.

John

"Quarterbacks don't run forever in the NFL," Marvin 'Sour Grapes' Lewis said after his team's 24-21 loss in Baltimore. "Sooner or later, they get hurt, and they don't run the same.

#16 varaven45

varaven45

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:27 AM

Very well done John Harbaugh ! We are very, very fortunate to have him as our coach.

#17 Robjr83

Robjr83

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:52 AM

Coaching as several different aspects. Harbs will always be questioned as a GameDay coach... but as a mentor, motivator and leader I think not

#18 thundercleetz

thundercleetz

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,992 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

Right, what I was implying is irrelevant of those factors you mention we all know residential streets that are rarely traveled upon. Sometimes, unfortunately, we might not come to a complete stop at stop signs on these streets, or not be as focused on the road as we normally might be. More than half of car crashes occur within five miles of home. Regardless of who's fault it was, possibly this was an instance of one or both parties not expecting anyone else to be on that particular road.

Tragic reminder that we all need to stay cautious no matter what road we are on, even if it is a very familiar one close to home.

#19 Tornado700

Tornado700

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Ravens, Md. Terps

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

None of us were that familiar with Tray since he was a rookie last year, but after reading all the articles about him, it appears that not only was he a good guy but a player who would have probably been at the least, a starting nickel for the Ravens. It appears that Tray Walker was well liked by the Ravens entire organization. Rest in peace young man.

#20 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,094 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

Honestly I look at this as a win for Darwinism.  If you aren't smart enough to wear a helmet then you aren't smart enough to survive.

k2-_2564f5e3-aa08-456b-81e9-b7cffd9b394d

Fako, Joe Fako I am the Pick Machine!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users