ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Tray Walker's Fight

GrubberRaven

Damn motorcyles - A good friend of mine was killed on one. A car zoomed out from a side street

forcing the pickup in front of him to hit the brakes. Billy's bike hit the pickup and was thrown over it.

At the funeral parlor you could see where neck was broken and head was just kind of laying vs the neck

like it was completely broken. He made it to shock trauma but die later in the evening. Had he been

driving a car he'd still be alive.

It was a very violent death. I was in traffic court and the judge gave a guy the max penalty he could

give him for speeding on a bike.

Just heard about this on my home forum and wanted to come on over and offer my condolences. Times like this we're reminded football's just a game and there's real human beings wearing opposing colors and jerseys.

Also, props to John Harbaugh for his heartfelt letter. Well-written and tasteful, which is difficult to achieve with that kind of letter under these circumstances.

Just heard about this on my home forum and wanted to come on over and offer my condolences. Times like this we're reminded football's just a game and there's real human beings wearing opposing colors and jerseys.

Also, props to John Harbaugh for his heartfelt letter. Well-written and tasteful, which is difficult to achieve with that kind of letter under these circumstances.

That is one fabulous message.

Lead in your home. Take care of Your Family and Yourself every single day. Think about who you are and where you are going, and what you stand for. Look after one another. Only then can you be your most effective on the job and in every area of your life.

Please consider your actions and choices. There are always consequences. Choose who you allow to advise you. Consider the quality of the council you take. Put yourself in positions to succeed. Turn away from unnecessary and risky behavior. Take care of your physical well-being. Live a healthy lifestyle. Pursue those things that make you better. Rest well. Eat well. Laugh with those who you love and love you. Fulfil your obligations effectively.

Be your own best friend. Do not be an enemy onto yourself. Turn away from trouble and harm. Walk away from foolish behavior. Ignore silly and unwise advice – You’ll know it when you see it.

Get to know those people in your life who manage to walk free from the weight of self-created obstacles. Get close to those who have gone where you want to go, and have accomplished what you want to accomplish. Grow Spiritually. Think about what and who you want to become.

I am asking you to consider what is at stake in your life. Consider what your thoughts, actions and choices mean to those around you. Live your life fully and with purpose. Have fun and share your happiness. Find Your Faith, and allow God to Grow Your Faith.

Let’s look out for one another. Be a great brother and friend. Inquire. Listen. Ask. Investigate. Reach out. Be There. Take a Step. Go For It.

Remember, We are Brothers in Arms. And, again, take care of each other.

John

Not to judge, but report: hearing no headlight, dark clothing, not sure who had right of way

Right, what I was implying is irrelevant of those factors you mention we all know residential streets that are rarely traveled upon. Sometimes, unfortunately, we might not come to a complete stop at stop signs on these streets, or not be as focused on the road as we normally might be. More than half of car crashes occur within five miles of home. Regardless of who's fault it was, possibly this was an instance of one or both parties not expecting anyone else to be on that particular road.

Tragic reminder that we all need to stay cautious no matter what road we are on, even if it is a very familiar one close to home.

None of us were that familiar with Tray since he was a rookie last year, but after reading all the articles about him, it appears that not only was he a good guy but a player who would have probably been at the least, a starting nickel for the Ravens. It appears that Tray Walker was well liked by the Ravens entire organization. Rest in peace young man.

Honestly I look at this as a win for Darwinism. If you aren't smart enough to wear a helmet then you aren't smart enough to survive.

It's not a Darwinism, its a choice. The state of Florida gives you choice as to wear a helmet or not. With that said, helmet or not he wouldn't have survived

Edited by cravnravn

I disagree with both statements. Helmet may well have saved his life. But not every mistake needs to be fatal; the raw luck that comes into who gets away with simple mistakes and who pays greatly for them has always baffled, unsettled me.

His death can be both a tragedy and a lesson to those lucky enough to have gotten away with the same error.

I don't know DC, 2 humans with helmets on colliding is one thing, a human with a helmet taking on a 3500 lb piece of plastic and metal and speed factor would produce an impact greater then what the safety of that helmet could provide.

100% agree on your last statement, there is a valuable lesson to be taken from his tragedy.

It's not a Darwinism, its a choice. The state of Florida gives you choice as to wear a helmet or not. With that said, helmet or not he wouldn't have survived

I watched a video yrs ago. Down in the amazon a baby egret was being reckless and getting to far from the nest. It fell in the water and the piranha ate it. The video went on to say how that bird could no go on and pass genes along to a new generation so now the egrets would be more naturally cautious. That is Darwinism. That bird like Tray made a reckless decision and now can't pass on its genes.