ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Perriman

oldno82

Ok, let's get down in dirty.. Yes, just one camp practice, no pads, no pressure. Nice little work out catching the ball standing still with two people hitting his arms; well done... it ends there....

Sure, nice to see him run & cut, but his routes are rounded off, not sharp; still. He drifts on the out routes; still... He doesn't catch the ball clean with his hands, he gathers it with them; still...

I know, I know, it is early, he is "rusty" but these were the issues he had in college....... (ducking, in coming)

Those issues can be corrected with proper coaching.

The pre-season games should be interesting provided he doesn't have another setback.

For right now it was good just to see him practice a bit without a leg problem. I'm still not sold on his injury being a temporary thing. We'll see.

One step at a time. Perriman isn't likely to start at split-ends (Akin will). So hopefully we can put Perriman in situations suited best for his talents where he is most likely to succeed. For example, play action situations and getting the ball in his hands on screen passes and quick slants when the defense is playing off.

Ok, let's get down in dirty.. Yes, just one camp practice, no pads, no pressure. Nice little work out catching the ball standing still with two people hitting his arms; well done... it ends there....

Sure, nice to see him run & cut, but his routes are rounded off, not sharp; still. He drifts on the out routes; still... He doesn't catch the ball clean with his hands, he gathers it with them; still...

I know, I know, it is early, he is "rusty" but these were the issues he had in college....... (ducking, in coming)

you better freekin duck!!!

• 3 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16130619/breshad-perriman-baltimore-ravens-partially-torn-acl

Hopefully he only needs a scope and can return in a couple of months, similar to Jalen Ramsey's injury. I want to say it's encouraging they don't know yet from the initial MRI, and that the swelling didn't become an issue until the next day. However, a partially torn ACL is just as bad as a fully torn ACL if it requires a graft to be repaired.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-receiver-breshad-perriman-suffered-another-knee-injury-20160611-story.html

According to the Sun, Perriman continued practicing. The Sun is saying possible torn meniscus. Hopefully it's a just a torn meniscus and an ACL sprain that can heal on its own after the scope.

I imagine Perriman is pretty down right now. His two injuries weren't due to a lack of training, exercise, and dedication. He has just been the victim of really bad luck that might kill his career. Plus he's been dealing with a stroke his father had.

I hope he comes back.I kind of like this kid.