ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mediocre start; mediocre team

varaven45

Yesterday's game sums up the first six games. The team continues to be a work in progress and, as we have all discussed, is going to grind it out this season. Without an OL and any running game, we are looking at an average season (7-8 wins) and every win will be a grind it out, ugly victory. Anything's possible and, sure, we could suddenly rediscover our running game. Otherwise, this season is looking might painful. On a more positive note; we could be Houston Texan fans.

The good news is we are a young, rebuilding team instead of an old, bad team (the Steelers). We'll get better as the year goes on. Sure we may only win 8-9 games but this team is built well for the future. Take condolence in that we won the Super Bowl and are going to be competitive every week with this young team.

Bottom line, you can mask a lot of weaknesses, but you cannot mask a bad offensive line. Maybe it is time to give Shipley a shot at center.

The good news is we are a young, rebuilding team instead of an old, bad team (the Steelers). We'll get better as the year goes on. Sure we may only win 8-9 games but this team is built well for the future. Take condolence in that we won the Super Bowl and are going to be competitive every week with this young team.

Bottom line, you can mask a lot of weaknesses, but you cannot mask a bad offensive line. Maybe it is time to give Shipley a shot at center.

The Steelers aren't that old anymore. We have two rookie lbers starting and playing really well. We have Clarks replacement who is a rookie and getting more and more playing time is there as well. Ben is the oldest player on the offensive side of the ball. I think with Foote going down the Steelers average age is like 28.

The Steelers aren't that old anymore. We have two rookie lbers starting and playing really well. We have Clarks replacement who is a rookie and getting more and more playing time is there as well. Ben is the oldest player on the offensive side of the ball. I think with Foote going down the Steelers average age is like 28.

Well I'm excited to see how your young guys play out for your team the rest of the year. My point: your old guys got you to 0-5 and your cap situation is not enviable.

The Ravens will be a .500 team if this O line doesn't get their problem fixed quick.

For the season, the Ravens have 10 false starts, nine holding penalties, six unnecessary roughness flags and five facemask calls.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-penalties-another-problem-for-ravens-offense-20131014,0,7007815.story#ixzz2hjUQSZxw

I am aggravated with these weaknesses also but C'mon people, you sound like a bunch of giddy bandwagon fans....

That was according to many experts, the best qb in the league we just took to the limit yesterday, and they barely squeaked out a win on us with a half a game spot.

Yes we have a few problems, but these same fans were saying the same things last year when we had some ugly unnecessary losses, and lost like 3 of our last 4 games going into the playoffs....How'd that work out for us ?.....SB Champs.....

The difference is we're making unqualified assumptions and the FO is making very qualified decisions that we don't understand, live with it.

Pick up your little white towel of surrender and let's fight on with our team, folks.....Quitters always lose !!!!!

Ravens Proud !!!!

I am aggravated with these weaknesses also but C'mon people, you sound like a bunch of giddy bandwagon fans....

That was according to many experts, the best qb in the league we just took to the limit yesterday, and they barely squeaked out a win on us with a half a game spot.

Yes we have a few problems, but these same fans were saying the same things last year when we had some ugly unnecessary losses, and lost like 3 of our last 4 games going into the playoffs....How'd that work out for us ?.....SB Champs.....

The difference is we're making unqualified assumptions and the FO is making very qualified decisions that we don't understand, live with it.

Pick up your little white towel of surrender and let's fight on with our team, folks.....Quitters always lose !!!!!

Ravens Proud !!!!

OS, Papa isn't a raven's fan, but a 'football fan' but spends his time pissing people off with his theories and thoughts...just an fyi

• Upvote 1

There was a tremendous amount of luck going into that PO run. Harbs was forced to fire Cam at the right time and the offense got hot. The parts are not the same. Joe does not have all his security blankets now.

There's always luck involved in winning, AR was the recipient of it yesterday or they go out of here losers.

The pros acknowledge Joe as a top tier qb, so I don't think he needs or cares what a few obvious haters think....

Joe Flacco.....SB MVP...... HOW SWEET IT IS !!!!

There's always luck involved in winning, AR was the recipient of it yesterday or they go out of here losers.

The pros acknowledge Joe as a top tier qb, so I don't think he needs or cares what a few obvious haters think....

Joe Flacco.....SB MVP...... HOW SWEET IT IS !!!!

If you say it is lucky for a coach not to take a FG from less than a PAT distance and running a play that allows a TO with 12 secs that gave the other team 3 I guess you are right. How lucky can you get being spotted 6 by the opposing coach?

If you say it is lucky for a coach not to take a FG from less than a PAT distance and running a play that allows a TO with 12 secs that gave the other team 3 I guess you are right. How lucky can you get being spotted 6 by the opposing coach?

I didn't agree with the call, but only because it did not work.....The HC did not fall short of a 1 foot run to the endzone, and he did not hit the hand of Joe that caused the INT......But if your theory is that that makes him a bad HC, then I guess BB up in NE is a bad one too in your book, I've seen him go for it on 4th down and lost the game because of that one play.....

Your book is a #1 non seller....

JH.....SB winning HC.....How sweet it is !!!!

I agree, Cleetz...this is not a team rotten with age. We have a good nucleus. We just might need a year or two of 8-8 seasons for drafting purposes.

/But as the HCyou have to know how your team is performing and sometimes mitigate them when needed. He knew they were running like garbage so take the known quantity instead of hoping they could get it together. 6 pts would have made the difference.

Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say, if he would have made it, we all would be singing his praises today....

This is what the fans do, speculate, cheer and boo.....Well done folks, I'm off to search for some team loyalty, scarce as it may be....

Ravens Proud !!!!