ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I can't take it anymore

Tornado700

So 3 games outweigh 16?

If 1 of those games is the SB then yes. It's the Manning comparison. Would you rather have Peyton or Eli? The guy who wins in the regular season and chokes in the playoffs or the guy who doesn't put up great stats in the regular season but steps up in the playoffs and gets you titles? I'll take Eli

Flacco never has been and never will be as good as any of those 4. You're talking about 4 HOF'ers.

Your stubborness and ignorance on this issue doesn't make you a "true ravens fan". It simply makes you annoying. If you continue comparing Flacco to those 4 QBs, it also doesn't make you a "true ravens fan". It simply makes you stupid.

See this is how i know you're his groupie, on one hand you admit to Joe's shortcomings and yet you defend his 120.6 million dollar contract with the when and where excuse. Joe has been average most of his career, sure he had a great run in the playoffs last year, had a pretty good afccg in 2011 but for the most part Joe has been the definition of average (by your own admission you already know this though) and with a straight face you defend what this man makes and don't hold him accountable for our record. Why Money, why is it Ok for Joe to play average , have this huge contract , and not be held accountable? Why is it you don't expect Joe to play at a high level but defend his contract every chance you get? nevermind i already know the answer you're a Joe Flacco Groupie.

it is black and white , Flacco is not performing so you add Ben, Eli, Ryan and Romo into the mix to justify his mediocre play but as a Ravens fan that doesn't justify his play. you're pretty much saying because these guys are playing mediocre (ben, Eli, romo ryan) then it's OK if Flacco plays mediocre. Where true ravens fans choose to hold Flacco up to the Brees Brady Peyton Rodgers standard and not give him a pass because they are groupies of flacco. Anyone who comes on here and accepts flaccos play because of romo ryan eli and Ben aren't getting it done is the definition of a groupie.

Ummm Joe gets no pass from me for yesterdays performance, and no weather excuse either.It was a piss poor pass from our QB that cost us the ball game.

I have never really been a Flacco fan but I dont want to beat a dead horse.

He makes Vinny look great at times!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had that feeling Sunday like I used to get in 96 & 97, when we would get a lead and wonder, Hey Vinnie whens the pick 6 coming, and wala it came

Yep. Our good to very good QB had a bad day and the pick six was the difference.

For what its worth, anyone see the horrible pick that Drew Brees threw in Sunday's game vs the 49ers ?

He attempted to lob over the 49ers DL; only to have it intercepted by that same DL. Bad pick from a HOFer. The Saints went on to barely win the game, not without a questionable late hit call on 49ers Ahmad Brooks on Drew Brees.

Without that call, the 49ers might have very well won the game and the aforementioned interception would have haunted the Saints and Brees, much like the Flacco's pick six in Chicago is haunting us today. Different picks by Joe (pick six) and Brees (only a turnover) but its interesting how some picks go seemingly unnoticed and others become incredibly magnified.

In the end it all comes down to the W or L and there is a very fine line between winning and losing.

Unfortunately, we have been on the south side of that line.

See this is how i know you're his groupie, on one hand you admit to Joe's shortcomings and yet you defend his 120.6 million dollar contract with the when and where excuse. Joe has been average most of his career, sure he had a great run in the playoffs last year, had a pretty good afccg in 2011 but for the most part Joe has been the definition of average (by your own admission you already know this though) and with a straight face you defend what this man makes and don't hold him accountable for our record. Why Money, why is it Ok for Joe to play average , have this huge contract , and not be held accountable? Why is it you don't expect Joe to play at a high level but defend his contract every chance you get? nevermind i already know the answer you're a Joe Flacco Groupie.

I defend Joe's contract, because it was either that or starting over at QB. I'm not sure how any fan who has suffered through the long list of QBs we have had here could be lobbying to start over. The Ravens have had great defenses and great running backs before Joe and NEVER had the sustained success they've had with Joe. That's a fact. Joe gets the accountability for this year that he deserves from me. This doesn't mean I turn a blind eye to the piss poor play of others. They are many other players who are being paid to do a job and aren't performing. You can harp on Joe's contract, but it simply has nothing to do with their roster decisions this year. The OL was supposed to be a strength this year with the guys they had. It's instead been a huge weakness. Rice has been a shell of himself and Pierce hasn't been any better. I don't simply ignore all of that because Joe signed a huge contract in the offseason. A perfect example of this is the pick 6. Everyone wants to put 100% of the blame on Joe. I put 50% on Joe and 50% on Rice. Rice's only job was to get that guy down. He didn't even have to get him all the way down. All he had to do was make that guy have to defend himself so he couldn't get his hands up. To say that Rice completely whiffed on that block is an understatement. That guy should never have been part of the play. Not only has Rice under performed as a runner, he has also under performed as a blocker this year. Now the throw into triple freakin' coverage at the end of the first half? That was 100% Joe.

The problem is you take me calling out other players (who deserve to be called out) as making excuses for Joe. I'm simply not simple-minded enough to take the easy way out and just put all the blame on Joe because of his contract (that hasn't even started to affect the team yet).

Going forward, I hope the Ravens follow what the Patriots have done with Brady. They expect Brady to make due with a constant rotation of skill players around him. They attempt to give him 1 elite WR, an elite TE and really nothing other than that. They don't ignore the rest, but they aren't going to spend significant money on the rest either. What they do invest heavily in is an outstanding offensive line. Their OL is always right at the top of the NFL. I want the Ravens to extend Torrey and Pitta. They have to get out from under Rice's contract, but no more money needs to go to RBs afterwards. Just look what Rainey is doing in TB. I'm fine with the cast of characters the Ravens have at the other skill positions. Joe needs to make them work. I believe he will with a much improved OL.

• Upvote 1

If 1 of those games is the SB then yes. It's the Manning comparison. Would you rather have Peyton or Eli? The guy who wins in the regular season and chokes in the playoffs or the guy who doesn't put up great stats in the regular season but steps up in the playoffs and gets you titles? I'll take Eli

So if he hamstrings you for the long term then that is really useful.

I defend Joe's contract, because it was either that or starting over at QB. I'm not sure how any fan who has suffered through the long list of QBs we have had here could be lobbying to start over. The Ravens have had great defenses and great running backs before Joe and NEVER had the sustained success they've had with Joe. That's a fact. Joe gets the accountability for this year that he deserves from me. This doesn't mean I turn a blind eye to the piss poor play of others. They are many other players who are being paid to do a job and aren't performing. You can harp on Joe's contract, but it simply has nothing to do with their roster decisions this year. The OL was supposed to be a strength this year with the guys they had. It's instead been a huge weakness. Rice has been a shell of himself and Pierce hasn't been any better. I don't simply ignore all of that because Joe signed a huge contract in the offseason. A perfect example of this is the pick 6. Everyone wants to put 100% of the blame on Joe. I put 50% on Joe and 50% on Rice. Rice's only job was to get that guy down. He didn't even have to get him all the way down. All he had to do was make that guy have to defend himself so he couldn't get his hands up. To say that Rice completely whiffed on that block is an understatement. That guy should never have been part of the play. Not only has Rice under performed as a runner, he has also under performed as a blocker this year. Now the throw into triple freakin' coverage at the end of the first half? That was 100% Joe.

The problem is you take me calling out other players (who deserve to be called out) as making excuses for Joe. I'm simply not simple-minded enough to take the easy way out and just put all the blame on Joe because of his contract (that hasn't even started to affect the team yet).

Going forward, I hope the Ravens follow what the Patriots have done with Brady. They expect Brady to make due with a constant rotation of skill players around him. They attempt to give him 1 elite WR, an elite TE and really nothing other than that. They don't ignore the rest, but they aren't going to spend significant money on the rest either. What they do invest heavily in is an outstanding offensive line. Their OL is always right at the top of the NFL. I want the Ravens to extend Torrey and Pitta. They have to get out from under Rice's contract, but no more money needs to go to RBs afterwards. Just look what Rainey is doing in TB. I'm fine with the cast of characters the Ravens have at the other skill positions. Joe needs to make them work. I believe he will with a much improved OL.

How can you on one hand say , don't compare joe to brady, brees, peyton and rodgers they're HOFers and joe will never be that, and then on the other hand want us to follow the patriot model for a QB that is a far better qb than joe. thats what sounds stupid to me

We have all been here before

Perfect title for this thread the way that it's heading.

animalhouse.jpg

How can you on one hand say , don't compare joe to brady, brees, peyton and rodgers they're HOFers and joe will never be that, and then on the other hand want us to follow the patriot model for a QB that is a far better qb than joe. thats what sounds stupid to me

Having a stellar OL sounds stupid to you? Why am I not surprised?

Why don't you look at the the bottom offensive teams in the league and tell me what they all have in common.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/21/joe-flacco-its-annoying-to-have-so-many-interceptions/

“It’s annoying,” Flacco said, via the team’s website. “I’m a guy that does not like to throw interceptions. Believe me, I don’t like the fact that when you look at what we’ve done, that I’ve thrown, what is it, 13 interceptions? Yeah, c’mon, I don’t like that. That’s tough.”

You could always stop throwing into dangerous spots then.

I approve of him throwing to a receiver when there's tight one on one coverage, but there's been too many times when he's thrown in double and triple coverage this year.

I think he's trying too hard to make something happen because the offense sucks so bad.