ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How wise is Bisciotti?

pumpkinhead

Biscotti could have hired Ryan and chose Harbaugh.

As time goes on we will be able to see how wise that choice was. I would say that it will become clear how wise he was over the next 5 years and by 2015 we can reasonably pass judgement on his decision.

For now, it looks like Ryan and Harbaugh are tied. Both have now made it to the AFC championship game their first year. Harbaugh followed it up with another playoff appearance which is very good, Ryan has the possiblity to surpass Harbaugh's first year achievements.

I would say if Ryan's team beats the Irsay team then Ryan would be in the lead for the time being. Harbaugh does appear to be building something here, he appears to be on a good track but time will tell.

I think it will be interesting to watch these two guys coach their teams over the next few years, realizing they are linked and that their relative performances will tell us something about Biscotti. If I had to pick a favorite right now, I guess the homer in me would pick Harbaugh but Ryan has been impressive.

BTW, if the Irsay team beats the Jets will that constitute a measure of revenge for Super Bowl III?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Even if Rex win from here and the next five years, he would not be the best option for the Ravens, we needed a change of mentality, and that would not have happend with Rex.

Thats how I feel too. They needed a new voice in the locker room as good a Rex may turn out to be, I am uncertain he would have been right for this team at that time.

BTW, if the Irsay team beats the Jets will that constitute a measure of revenge for Super Bowl III?

No. Different owners, players, cities, era......

Even if Rex win from here and the next five years, he would not be the best option for the Ravens, we needed a change of mentality, and that would not have happend with Rex.

I think our defensive mentality was pretty good... we just needed better players. I have no problem with the mentality of our defense... I just wish we had better corners so we could play more press-coverage and less off-coverage.

The mentality that I would really like to change (which is the exact same complaint as last year...) is our conservative playcalling on offense. I realize that Cameron's system relies on freeing up the runningback to make big plays in the passing game, but when your runningbacks can't catch consistently (and your quarterback can't hit them in stride) the offense has no quick-strike power.

BTW, if the Irsay team beats the Jets will that constitute a measure of revenge for Super Bowl III

Hell No, Super Bowl III was BALTIMORE Colts vs NY Jets..That drunk cock-sucker irsay, was just into the heating and cooling business, he had no ties to the NFL..

I love Rex but all he's doing is bringing 'Ravens football' to New York. He copied what Harbaugh and his staff did last year...run the ball and play defense....the basic system and structure....and he's achieved the same results.

No doubt about it...he's done a great job and should have been Coach of the Year.

I think Harbaugh learned from Rex and Rex learned from Harbaugh and Cam.

Both are very good HC's...there's no winner or loser when you have to pick between the two.

I love Rex but all he's doing is bringing 'Ravens football' to New York. He copied what Harbaugh and his staff did last year...run the ball and play defense....the basic system and structure....and he's achieved the same results.

No doubt about it...he's done a great job and should have been Coach of the Year.

I think Harbaugh learned from Rex and Rex learned from Harbaugh and Cam.

Both are very good HC's...there's no winner or loser when you have to pick between the two.

Max,

Exactly. Plus, he pirated 3 defensive players - Scott, Leonard and Douglas-all Jet starters- from our team. And he was fortunate to already had Revis - arguably the best CB in the NFL.

Regardless of the Jets fate this postseason, Ryan and Sanchez will really be scrutinized in their sophomore years - sound familiar ? And in the Big Apple.

Time will tell.

Do not forget, the Jets faced two teams that had nothing to play for at the end of the season and laid down!

If Indy and the Cats had to win for whatever reason the Jets more then likly would not be here!

Two weeks ago this statement meant nothing, but now, since the Jets have beaten two in a row...it warrants no repeating

Yes it does. The truth remains the truth, regardless of the following circumstances.

You got that right!

If Indy needs to win that game to get a week off, they are going to do whatever it takes to get that week off.

Same with the Cats. If they need to win that game to get into the Playoffs.

Rex would have been telling the media how right he was that there was no way they could make the Playoffs!

Mentioning Billick is interesting. I can make a good argument that what we know as "Ravens football" started with him. I doubt it was his plan (he loved big play offense) but when he went to the "Darkside" Ravens football was born. Rex and Harbaugh are just carrying on his legacy.

Mentioning Billick is interesting. I can make a good argument that what we know as "Ravens football" started with him. I doubt it was his plan (he loved big play offense) but when he went to the "Darkside" Ravens football was born. Rex and Harbaugh are just carrying on his legacy.

Isn't it more likely that "Raven's football" came about as a direct result of us not possessing a big-time quarterback, and Marvin Lewis bailing Billick's offense out game after game?

Isn't it more likely that "Raven's football" came about as a direct result of us not possessing a big-time quarterback, and Marvin Lewis bailing Billick's offense out game after game?

What evidence do you have that it wasn't Billick's defense in the first place? What evidence do you have that Lewis had anything to do with the success of the Ravens' defense?

Did you know that the Ravens' defense was never higher than even 22nd in yardage until Billick's first year as coach? Did you know that the Ravens' defense was ranked second in the NFL in yardage during Billick's first year as coach?

Brian Billick was an offensive coach, surely, but he cannot be discredited simply because his defense was perennially better than his offense. In fact, he should be credited profusely for the tradition of defense and tough football that he brought.

What evidence do you have that it wasn't Billick's defense in the first place? What evidence do you have that Lewis had anything to do with the success of the Ravens' defense?

Did you know that the Ravens' defense was never higher than even 22nd in yardage until Billick's first year as coach? Did you know that the Ravens' defense was ranked second in the NFL in yardage during Billick's first year as coach?

Brian Billick was an offensive coach, surely, but he cannot be discredited simply because his defense was perennially better than his offense. In fact, he should be credited profusely for the tradition of defense and tough football that he brought.

Find me one quote where a player talks about Billick's defense. He didn't design it or call the plays, and therefore it is not his.

Find me one quote where a player talks about Billick's defense. He didn't design it or call the plays, and therefore it is not his.

From the man himself!!!!

"Why he had not called a coach with a Super Bowl ring, 10 wins a year for nine years, having orchestrated the highest-scoring offense and defense in the history of the league, is a question worth asking."

:)

That's like saying the Belichek has nothing to do with the offense in New England. Are the likes of Belichek and Parcells known for defense? Of course they are, however they both have in-depth knowledge of football and certainly put their stamp on offenses as well. Billick definitely had something to do with the defense, there's no way he just put is head in the sand and said, just run it. Billick certainly had an idea of what kind of defense he wanted and hired the coordinators to produce it!

Spear...you're close....after reading that I see I need to write how "Ravens" football was born. My understanding of course! :) ...but that will be as soon as I get the time...should be fun.

I'll say this....it was the result of a ton of mistakes that created a perfect storm of individuals left holding the bag and wondering what to do with it.

"I might have had a hand in it."

yodoz2%20copy.jpg