ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs. Bucs predictions?

Tornado700

Hmmmmmm, elated that ongoing to the game, but I'm unsure which team will show up, the team that crushed Pitt or the team I seen last week that had much success running the ball but elected not to run the ball. On paper we should win 35-10, on the field we will rely on tucker once again and win 17-13

twilightzonewilltherealmartianpleasestan "I see a Ravens win, but just barely as the Bucs stage a furious comeback.

Vincent Jackson is a Ravens killer and then you have Evans.

Glennon is a thrower in the mode of Joe Flacco. He's tall, sees the field well and can make all the throws. His stats are as good as Joe's. The Ravens have to pressure him. Smith has to lock his man down.

But...I feel confident about this game.

Let's get back to the days of not losing 2 in a row.

There's hope...

Spin: Despite quietly posting two respectable fantasy outings in a row, Glennon simply isn't a viable fantasy presence given how deep and productive his position has proven. The Ravens have allowed the 12th-fewest fantasy points per game to opposing arms this season, further evidence to avoid the second-year signal-caller. --JM

Edited by vmax

Tough call, Ravens don't play well on the road normally. However! The Bucs are middle of the road for rush defense, giving up 120 yards per game, but, only 3.9 per carry. But it gets better, for the Ravens. Through the air the Bucs yield a whopping 71.4 % pass completion, 292 yards per game, 10 tds, 4 pics, all 30th in the league.

So the Ravens, averaging 125 per game on the ground, 4.7 per carry (both 12th best), and 247 with 7 tds, 3 pics (13th in the league) should be able to move the ball; key word, should, even if Ose has to miss the game.

As with any Qb, their young ladd is streaky, when he is hot, none better, but when he is not, few worse. As a team they average 205 yards per game via the air, with 7 tds, 6 pics(29th). On the ground 4.3 yards per carry, 90 yards per game (24th) ....

Baltimore counters with 269 yards per game, 4 tds, 3 pics (none by the secondary), 26th in the league. On the ground, 91 yard sper game, 3.5 yards per carry..... Pretty even there....

Even so, the Ravens, yes, are desperate for a win, looking to get off to a quick start on offense and the Bucs are wounded, more so than the Ravens.

I'll take the Ravens and give 6, Marv for 300 clams.........

As game time approaches, I'm feeling better and better about the Ravens chances. :gorave:

1. Joe Flacco will throw multiple touchdown passes: The Ravens' starting quarterback didn't reach the end zone last Sunday, and he rarely goes consecutive games without doing so. Since the start of the 2010 season, he has only gone back-to-back games without throwing a touchdown on two occasions. Flacco should get opportunities on Sunday as well. The Buccaneers have given up 10 touchdown passes this season. Only four teams have allowed more.

2. Jimmy Smith will get the Ravens secondary's first interception of the season: Buccaneers quarterback Mike Glennon loves to throw to wide receiver Vincent Jackson. Over the past three weeks, Jackson has been the fourth-most targeted receiver. Plus, the Buccaneers know Jackson typically has big games against the Ravens. Look for the Ravens to try to get Smith matched up against the 6-foot-5 Jackson as much as possible to negate his size. There should be plenty of chances for Smith to pick off a pass Sunday. The Ravens are the only team in the NFL that doesn't have an interception from a defensive back this season.

3. Torrey Smith will have his best game of the season: This is the best matchup for the struggling Smith so far this season. The Buccaneers not only have the NFL's third-worst pass defense, but they have repeatedly been beaten deep. Receivers have caught six passes that have traveled at least 25 yards in the air against Tampa Bay this season. That's tied for fifth-most in the NFL. Half of those six big-play passes have resulted in touchdowns. The Ravens haven't hidden the fact that they want to get Smith back on track. They targeted him eight times last Sunday. That is why he should surpass his season high of 53 receiving yards in this game.http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/14235/three-fearless-game-day-predictions-for-ravens-buccaneers

Hmmmmmm, elated that ongoing to the game, but I'm unsure which team will show up, the team that crushed Pitt or the team I seen last week that had much success running the ball but elected not to run the ball. On paper we should win 35-10, on the field we will rely on tucker once again and win 17-13

Luv being wrong :)