ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It is now time to talk about the draft

tsylvester

I heard between 3.2 and 3.8 million was our settlement. Also are we not getting relief from the 2015 cap number from rice? I swore when this went down the NFL said we would.

How could you not be a fan of our capologist? They are the best in the business

No, there is $9 mil in dead money next season from Rice, nothing the league has said indicates they will give the Ravens a break. I know, they got two Super Bowls out of those contracts over the years, so yes, they "do a great job", but I just think they could be more creative, nothing major....

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa. Isn't everyone forgetting the big elephant in the room? Negotiated or non negotiated, Joe Flacco's contract will affect the cap figure for years to come. Discuss.

wait til 2016...then worry...

I don't think Ozzie thinks long term.

I do. This team is talent deep without bustin' the bank. O line problems of a season ago seemingly vanished overnight without bustin' the bank. Before injuries racked 'em, secondary looked good on papaer without bustin' the bank. The position at QB, however may wind up eventually bustin' the team and the bank.

If he was so good at that he would have drafted Birks replacement before 2012. I had been screaming about it since 2010.

There wasn't anything out there at C in 2012. The 2 best prospects according to the mock drafts and supposed draft experts were the kid from Alabama and the kid who was eventually drafted by KC ( I think ). Both were NFL busts.

What part of 2010 was the hard part of my statement?

Bryan Stork was well liked that yr. So there was more than 2 prospects at center.

2010? Oh, we had Matt Birk then and although I initially did not like the acquisition of Birk, he turned out to be a good stopgap C. Previously I was referring to 2012 when most mock drafts and so called experts had us drafting C Peter Kunz out of Wisconsin or Barrett Jones out of Alabama as Birk's replacement. Ozzie wisely went with Courtney Upshaw in the second round at #35 and later Kelechi Osemele in the seond at #60. Don't know if Jones was drafted and Kunz is on IR with Atlanta.

http://russellstreetreport.com/2015/01/31/tale-of-the-tape/marshall-great-fit-ravens/

Another good analysis of the possibility of Brandon Marshall.

It sounds like Marshall has given up on Cutler. He also looks as if he finally has his head on straight. Being the headcase he used to be I would not touch him but the last few yrs has been studly and doing the right thing.

2010? Oh, we had Matt Birk then and although I initially did not like the acquisition of Birk, he turned out to be a good stopgap C. Previously I was referring to 2012 when most mock drafts and so called experts had us drafting C Peter Kunz out of Wisconsin or Barrett Jones out of Alabama as Birk's replacement. Ozzie wisely went with Courtney Upshaw in the second round at #35 and later Kelechi Osemele in the seond at #60. Don't know if Jones was drafted and Kunz is on IR with Atlanta.

But if you had done 2010 it would give a guy 3 yrs to be groomed under Birk, 2011 2 yrs. 2012 only allowed Grad 1 yr.

If they had gone in 2010 Ted Larson was a late round pick who has been a solid OL playing OG and C. In 2011 the guy I really wanted was Stefen Wisniewski who has been a spectacular OL. Also that yr Brandon Fusco was drafted and has been a solid OL mostly at gurad. Jason Kelce went late that yr and he has been a stud from day 1. Probably he woudl have taken Birks job from him.

Now waiting for 2012 Peter Konz was available. He played at an OL factiory in Wisc. He has been quite good. He may be on IR now but so was KO last yr. Guys get hurt. Most come back after the injury.

Brandon has Bi-polar, it takes time to one find the right meds, 2, get the proper levels and 3, get used to how they affect one. Head case is not the word to use, he is well known to be a great guy, a great teammate.

I highly doubt Marshall will be a Raven, his price, to aquire and contract, will be too high. When you factor in the talent deep draft at the receiver postion, there is no reason to make the move for a contract with $23 mil in guaranteed money over the next 3 years. A receiver, whom I think is excellant, but has lost a step and this team needs a consistant burner on the outside & or an athletic tight end for over the middle.

Not a high priced receiver who lost a step or two for a one or two year rental.

It sounds like Marshall has given up on Cutler. He also looks as if he finally has his head on straight. Being the headcase he used to be I would not touch him but the last few yrs has been studly and doing the right thing.

But if you had done 2010 it would give a guy 3 yrs to be groomed under Birk, 2011 2 yrs. 2012 only allowed Grad 1 yr.

If they had gone in 2010 Ted Larson was a late round pick who has been a solid OL playing OG and C. In 2011 the guy I really wanted was Stefen Wisniewski who has been a spectacular OL. Also that yr Brandon Fusco was drafted and has been a solid OL mostly at gurad. Jason Kelce went late that yr and he has been a stud from day 1. Probably he woudl have taken Birks job from him.

Now waiting for 2012 Peter Konz was available. He played at an OL factiory in Wisc. He has been quite good. He may be on IR now but so was KO last yr. Guys get hurt. Most come back after the injury.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Kindle, Cody, Pitta, Dickson, etc. looked good on paper that year but I guess you can't win 'em all.

I didn't even look at Kindle since I thought he would be long gone way before the Ravens. I do think Ozzie was negligent in looking into his drinking issues. Also did he ever tackle a RB in college. I have never seen a player so easily blocked in the run game.
I hated Cody well before he was drafted. I think I was calling him Stay Puff about 2 days after her was drafted.
I was for Dickson and Pitta in that draft. But again Ted Larson was a 6th rounder. Also 2011 was pretty good at centers. Fusco and Kelce were 6th rounders.

There wasn't anything out there at C in 2012. The 2 best prospects according to the mock drafts and supposed draft experts were the kid from Alabama and the kid who was eventually drafted by KC ( I think ). Both were NFL busts.

Yeah I remember the mocks that year having us taking Kontz who went to ATL after we drafted Upshaw

Yeah I remember the mocks that year having us taking Kontz who went to ATL after we drafted Upshaw

I remember Vinny from 105.7's Rob and Vinny Show saying that Kunz was too fleshy and needed a lot of time in the weight room to make it in the NFL.

I remember Vinny from 105.7's Rob and Vinny Show saying that Kunz was too fleshy and needed a lot of time in the weight room to make it in the NFL.

Atlanta Falcons Blog says that Konz has been pushed around on the line and rotating between Guard - Bench -Center - Bench since he was drafted. Glad we went with Upshaw.