ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It is now time to talk about the draft

tsylvester

I expect Justin to take the money if it is better elsewhere. He has never had a payday. He is past where a RB falls apart. I think they will have to let him test the market and if it is not to high they can bring him back. I would not go higher than $4 mil per.

Justin just completed his 7th year in the league, I don't see a big pay day in his future, a reward might be all he gets. Its mind boggling that he was never more then a journeymen rb and couldn't find a home.

I'm thinking more CB at 26, Trae Waynes from Michigan state big db with speed, not afraid to tackle.

And then a safety in rd 2, we need to cut ties with Elam. The kid from louisville, holliman he led the nation in picks we need another ball hawk.

Last night on my drive home was listening to ESPN radio and these 2 knuckleheads were slobknobbing over Brady and his perfect pass to lafell in the 4th quarter, you know the one that if we had any kind of corner would have picked that ball off in the endzone, the dam ball could of stuck in #38's ear hole.

I'm thinking more CB at 26, Trae Waynes from Michigan state big db with speed, not afraid to tackle.

And then a safety in rd 2, we need to cut ties with Elam. The kid from louisville, holliman he led the nation in picks we need another ball hawk.

Last night on my drive home was listening to ESPN radio and these 2 knuckleheads were slobknobbing over Brady and his perfect pass to lafell in the 4th quarter, you know the one that if we had any kind of corner would have picked that ball off in the endzone, the dam ball could of stuck in #38's ear hole.

But you have Jimmy and Webby. Unless you think you will lose Jimmy that seems to high for a backup.

The FO needs to secure enough quality talent, via FA and draft, to match or beat the most talented, potential dynasty team (Seattle).

To do so, we correct our greatest deficiencies and acquire talent in the passing game (offense and defense).

In my opinion, the FO should mimic the Seattle secondary model while fortifying the receiving corps with WR and TE playmakers/game changers.

If the team wants to advance to the next level, they cannot ignore these positions. No exceptions.

Then the Ravens have to hit on lower picks more often. They need to go with th elarger DB's. Don't forget that a lot of Seattle's prowess against the pass is do to excellent passrush.

On offense their receiving options are not that impressive. I would take what the Ravens have now over what the Hawks have. What they do have that is not comparable is Wilson. He raises the level of those around him.

But you have Jimmy and Webby. Unless you think you will lose Jimmy that seems to high for a backup.

How about Webby back to safety or free safety? Then pick a corner. Imdo not want to enter any ota's or camp with any of those db's that finished the season, they were just horrible no cover skills no tackling skills.

I see our current CBs (Melvin et al) as our Gradkowski's from 2 years ago. Those guys should only by 2nd / 3rd string and back up Smith, Webb, etc.

I assume we will acquire at least 1 seasoned/proven CB and draft another. Same with S position, even if Webb is switched.

This team needs a significant upgrade, not just a tweak, in the secondary. We may not fully accomplish in 1 yr but need to work towards that goal.

I like the move of Webb back to safety, he's a very good tackler, it's less stress on his knees and Reed took this guy under his wing so i'm sure he understands the defense from the position. And we would still need 2 corners but i think Asa is a decent cornerback, he's better than every corner we trotted out there with the exception of Jimmy Smith. If we didn't get 2 corners and just picked up one, i would be happy if Asa was our nickel.

Yes. If (big if) we have a healthy Smith, Asa and acquire/draft 2 we should be set at CB this yr and beyond.

Relative to safety, if we move Webb to SS or FS, we still need at least one more safety (probably via draft). Not comfortable w Elam or the other FSU kid (at least not yet).

The Alabama kid- Landon Collins - would be awesome although I don't see it happening.

Whatever we do, we need to build a solid, stout secondary (a la Seahawks) with athletic, quick, strong, playmaking guys.

When healthy and 100%, Webb and Smith are more than enough. But they can't stay healthy, so the Ravens need another "Webb and Smith" to back them up and fill in when they go down.

I don't view Jackson, Gorrer, and Melvin as starting corner material. Not in this pass happy league.

They have Hill at safety. That's it. 1 guy.

Stewart, Elam, Brooks, Miles..... :nono:

OH!!!!!...of the second tier back ups....

KEEP ONLY THE PLAYERS WHO CAN TACKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

When healthy and 100%, Webb and Smith are more than enough. But they can't stay healthy, so the Ravens need another "Webb and Smith" to back them up and fill in when they go down.

I don't view Jackson, Gorrer, and Melvin as starting corner material. Not in this pass happy league.

They have Hill at safety. That's it. 1 guy.

Stewart, Elam, Brooks, Miles..... :nono:

OH!!!!!...of the second tier back ups....

KEEP ONLY THE PLAYERS WHO CAN TACKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from Hill, that doesn't leave anyone does it Max ? They just need to get back to the basics of tackling the ball carrier instead of the pigskin.

Had they tackled Amendola on those critical plays, we might be playing this Sunday for the trip to Az.

I thought Melvin had done a pretty good job of tackling up to this game. Elam has probably missed more tackles than the rest of the secondary combined and it seems to be catching. Webby even seemed to be taking some poor angles to make tackles and that's really not like him.

For whats its worth Kiper has released his first Mock Draft

Devin Funchess

Devin Funchess
Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
COLLEGE: Michigan
Class: Jr
HT: 6-4
WT: 235
POS: WR
Analysis: It's not really fair to call Funchess a tight end based on where he typically lines up, but at more than 6-foot-4 and at about 235 pounds with the ability to simply overpower most cornerbacks, he's not exactly a flanker, either. What I'd call him is a perpetual matchup problem, a guy you can move around, with the quickness to run crisp routes and easily create space if linebackers try to cover him and enough size to make cornerbacks have to go through him for the ball. Joe Flacco can use a weapon like Funchess, as could Gary Kubiak, assuming he passes on any other overtures.