ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Season and Opportunity Wasted

vmax

Can you tell I'm pissed off and biter?

So in the end, the Ravens wasted a gift of the schedule -- getting to face the AFC South and NFC South -- and while 10-6 is still within reach and nothing to be ashamed of, the greater reality is this team is now 1-6 against clubs .500 or above this season. The only win came way back in Week 2 at home against Pittsburgh. It's not exactly like the losses were to Murder's Row (the Bengals twice, the Steelers, the Chargers by blowing a 10-point lead late, the Colts, the Texans). A year where they showed strength of overcoming the Ray Rice debacle and seemed poised for something greater has been, in all likelihood, wasted. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24907938/week-16-nfl-observations-as-bad-as-weve-seen-the-ravens-in-a-long-time

600full-john-belushi.jpg

I've said this before and I'll say it again - John Harbaugh has gotta go and Joe Flacco is grossly overpaid for the type of performance as we've seen since his SB win. Heads have gotta roll.

agree with you to a point on Flacco but disagree on Harbaugh. He seems to be a great motivator. This was Kubiaks first year and it was a totally different approach. Think about all the ba d media attention this team had and Harbaugh held them together and had a better year this year then last. Why fire a coach who has won a super bowl and has yet to have a losing season? You aren't going to be great every year in today's NFL.

agree with you to a point on Flacco but disagree on Harbaugh. He seems to be a great motivator. This was Kubiaks first year and it was a totally different approach. Think about all the ba d media attention this team had and Harbaugh held them together and had a better year this year then last. Why fire a coach who has won a super bowl and has yet to have a losing season? You aren't going to be great every year in today's NFL.

Great motivator? Get serious. Since Harbaugh's been HC, his teams have been known for what? Slow starts and lack of urgency. Motivation left when Ray and Ed retired. Time to dump Harbaugh before we have another Billick situation where a HC makes a career off of a Lombardi ring and hangs around far too long.

Great motivator? Get serious. Since Harbaugh's been HC, his teams have been known for what? Slow starts and lack of urgency. Motivation left when Ray and Ed retired. Time to dump Harbaugh before we have another Billick situation where a HC makes a career off of a Lombardi ring and hangs around far too long.

Not even 2 years from our super bowl, we put 18 guys on ir this year, the ray rice situation, and you want the coach fired, oh and Joe IS having his best year statistically.

Not even 2 years from our super bowl, we put 18 guys on ir this year, the ray rice situation, and you want the coach fired, oh and Joe IS having his best year statistically.

That's what bubbleheads kept saying about Billick and Boller. Repeating the same mistake again in hope of a different result is by definition insanity. For the long term stability of this club, it's time to dump these expensive contracts. Both Harbaugh and Flacco have worn out their welcome in Baltimore.

I don't know that I agree (though you make some compelling arguments), but if Harbaugh and Flacco have worn out their welcome, who would you replace them with ?

In Ozzie I trust. When Harbaugh was hired, we had field and locker room leadership, now that we no longer have that, we need a genuine HC. Flacco is ..well Joe Flacco, an average QB with a contract that will eventually break this team.

I have never been a big fan of Joe but we will have him for a long time I think. Partially because of the contract, mostly because he is Ok. He is simply not bad enough that a random replacement would be better. He is an ok starting QB in this league, something not all the current starters are.

Everyone should resolve to ignore the name changing trolls next year.

Max, Im not saying Joe is done. Nowhere near.

But we be GOT to have a backup other than Taylor. So we should draft someone in the mod rounds and have as a backup. And who knows, after a coupe of years, the guy could take over or at least be a legit backup which we currently done have.

I've been wanting a quality backup ever since Bulger retired. If we can't draft one in the mid rounds, go for a journeyman to fill in until we do get one. Crap, maybe we need both.

Max, Im not saying Joe is done. Nowhere near.

But we be GOT to have a backup other than Taylor. So we should draft someone in the mod rounds and have as a backup. And who knows, after a coupe of years, the guy could take over or at least be a legit backup which we currently done have.

Agreed.

Even though making the playoffs looks bleak, 10-6 is a decent record considering the injuries. It's a real crap shoot finding winning QB's.