ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Season and Opportunity Wasted

vmax

Long time lurker, first time poster.....honestly I would like to see another GM given a shot here and see what they could do with drafting and getting better offensive players via free agency. Our cap situation appears to be a mess for the next few years, it may be time to rebuild and off-load some very cap unfriendly contracts. Flacco does need to be restructured, and can still be a good QB, I just never see any sense or urgency and or consistency from the guy, and that nags me the most about this team. Kubiak was a good start, but where is Flacco's #1 WR (not Smith), and stud TE that are needed to make his system work more efficiently. We did good this year and way better than expected, I am pleased with this year and cant wait till next......

Long time lurker, first time poster.....honestly I would like to see another GM given a shot here and see what they could do with drafting and getting better offensive players via free agency. Our cap situation appears to be a mess for the next few years, it may be time to rebuild and off-load some very cap unfriendly contracts. Flacco does need to be restructured, and can still be a good QB, I just never see any sense or urgency and or consistency from the guy, and that nags me the most about this team. Kubiak was a good start, but where is Flacco's #1 WR (not Smith), and stud TE that are needed to make his system work more efficiently. We did good this year and way better than expected, I am pleased with this year and cant wait till next......

Welcome aboard!

I really like Ozzie but I too think it might be time to try someone else. Its a sound system but I an not sure "best player available" is always the way to draft.

My thoughts exactly. I really think Father Time has caught up with OzZie. Plus, I am wondering how Ozzie will do in the wake of the Rice carnage. Who is next in line, DeCosta ?

Yes DeCosta is next in line, but Ozzie is not done yet. He's only 60 yrs old and yes has some health concerns but I haven't heard of his issues in a couple years.

Rasta, I don't know of one fan that wanted Boller (besides forceeight)..Missing the playoffs 1 time in their tenure here has worn out their welcome? Your nuts

Well, I was 14 then. :scared:

PS: let's consider as well that the "this is Flacco's best year" argument no longer holds weight, because his 2010 season was better in almost every measurable statistic.

I have never been a big fan of Joe but we will have him for a long time I think. Partially because of the contract, mostly because he is Ok. He is simply not bad enough that a random replacement would be better. He is an ok starting QB in this league, something not all the current starters are.

Everyone should resolve to ignore the name changing trolls next year.

His contract gets out of control after 2015.

Yes DeCosta is next in line, but Ozzie is not done yet. He's only 60 yrs old and yes has some health concerns but I haven't heard of his issues in a couple years.

Whaaaaaaa? This is insanity. Ozzie's the only one performing at a high standard in this organization. The organization knows this, the league knows this and even you must know this by now. Get rid of Harbaugh and his Philly friends and Joe Flacco with his bloated contract and all problems are solved.

Whaaaaaaa? This is insanity. Ozzie's the only one performing at a high standard in this organization. The organization knows this, the league knows this and even you must know this by now. Get rid of Harbaugh and his Philly friends and Joe Flacco with his bloated contract and all problems are solved.

yeah just ignore all the dead money cutting Flacco would cause.

Don't even know why flaccos contract is a topic of discussion, when he signed it we new it was a 3 yr deal then would be restructured. The front office said they would. Be redoin his contract after the 2015 season.

are you talking a new deal or a reconstruction? Reconstructing is what got the Steelers in so much trouble cap wise. Also how do you know Joe will say OK to it? What if he says no then what do you do?

are you talking a new deal or a reconstruction? Reconstructing is what got the Steelers in so much trouble cap wise. Also how do you know Joe will say OK to it? What if he says no then what do you do?

If Joe says no to a redone deal, you have to let him go in 2016 when the cap hit overtakes the dead money. We'd better have a new young gun ready to play that year or the next year.

Don't even know why flaccos contract is a topic of discussion, when he signed it we new it was a 3 yr deal then would be restructured. The front office said they would. Be redoin his contract after the 2015 season.

Ding Ding ding. You got part of it. Also when they made the contract they expected to actually accomplish something in the 3 yrs. 2 down and they will go one and done as of Sat. He is still under performing.

Ding Ding ding. You got part of it. Also when they made the contract they expected to actually accomplish something in the 3 yrs. 2 down and they will go one and done as of Sat. He is still under performing.

Making the playoffs doesn't even qualify as an accomplishment here anymore? Typical spoiled-ass Ravens' fan. Waaayyyy too many of them in this fanbase.