ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Saturday night @ 8:15

Tornado700

The Ravens played one good quarter if football the last 3 games. Luckily they faced bad teams and QBs so they were able to win 2 of 3. The Steelers aren't great but they do have a good Qb and receivers. Brown may get 200 yards on us.

I think it's an ugly loss. Hope not, but the way both teams have played recently that's the way I see it.

I still think Pittsburgh wins but the Bell injury gives us a chance. Bell won the second meeting for Pittsburgh. His level play in the past game cannot be understated. Ben was never known much for checking down but Bell got open on Mosley and was a safety option for Ben all game, killing us on third down and gaining yards after catch. I don't think we gameplaned for that. Even if Bell plays, with that injury it's hard to believe he'll have the same quickness in his cuts to get open in the passing game.

In the end the Steelers have too many weapons at WR and we are too heat up in the secondary. However, we have had good success against Pittsburgh's secondary the past few years and have been able to connect on big plays. If we can oass block, we will be in the game. Here's to hoping James Harrison doesn't find the fountain of youth against us again.

Looks like a Steeler win to me unless our O-line opens up holes to run the ball and I don't think they will. Roesthelisebergger and his receivers should easily overcome our secondary.

But that's OK, the Ravens did make the playoffs even though a lot of the competition we played against stunk. At least we know we don't stunk.

It's not that bad guys....

the Ravens as a sleeper playoff team

It certainly wasn't pretty on Sunday, but Baltimore survived a largely sloppy outing to defeat Cleveland -- and the Ravens got the help they needed, with Kansas City's win over San Diego.

Consequently, John Harbaugh's team is back in the playoffs. And I don't think it will be a one-and-done.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh will clash for the third time this season. And it will be great to see these arch rivals locking horns in the playoffs. The teams -- and the fans -- share rare hatred and pure disdain for each other.

And the Ravens will be ready.

Justin Forsett got back on track in Week 17, eclipsing 100 yards rushing for the first time in a month. Joe Flacco is well experienced in playoff football. (Remember that Super Bowl run two seasons ago, when Flacco racked up an 11:0 TD-to-INT ratio?) Baltimore won't be intimidated going to Pittsburgh. And while Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers will have a major advantage against the Ravens' defensive backfield, Flacco should be able to exploit the same issue for Pittsburgh's defense. Plus, Le'Veon Bell's hyperextended knee will need to be monitored all week long.

The Patriots are the best team in the AFC and are going to the Super Bowl. But you know Harbaugh's Ravens are never intimidated going to New England.

Baltimore was the last AFC team invited to the dance, but these Ravens won't leave so easily.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451330/article/bill-obrien-aaron-rodgers-merit-praise-in-regular-seasons-wake

What ever we accomplish in the post season is gravy. I had us winning 7-9 games and no playoffs. With no playmakers and a journeyman RB on offense and an obliterated defense with a makeshift secondary filled with practice squad dudes, this team clearly overachieved.

If we make it close on Sunday, I'll be surprised and chalk it up as another overachievement.

If you remember, last time we played them, it was an even game until midway through the 2cnd quarter. We turned the ball over and their defensive line was unleashed on Joe. We have to play at the same tempo for 60 minutes and NO turnovers!

Some inside the Steelers organization are doubtful that Bell will make an appearance on Saturday in prime time against the Ravens, which would make the need for an all-purpose back like Tate that much greater.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451747/article/ben-tate-reportedly-to-visit-rbneedy-steelers

OK just wanted to make sure. Yeah Crave the gazette is the worst. I doubt we see Bell this weekend but with the way he is recovering you never know. I think he will be most missed in the pass protection and if he can't go my guess would be that will Johnson will be out there on passing downs. Nobody will know Bell's status until game time and the steelers would be foolish to do it any other way.