ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Seriously. What chance of winning do you give the Ravens?

Tornado700

I will say, in all seriousness, 25%. One out of four. If both teams play bad, Ravens lose. If both teams play good, Ravens lose. If Steelers play good, we play bad, Ravens lose. if Ravens play good while Steelers play bad, we win. Finally I just want to say two things.

1.- If I am correct, I just hope we aren't embarrassed on National TV like the last game vs. Piitsburgh.

2.- I just really hope I am wrong.

Any given Sunday I suppose. I just think a lot of things have to go right for us to win this game and nothing that has happened in the last quarter of the regular season gives me any confidence that those things will go right. But hey we made it to the dance now we might as well throw ourselves at the prettiest girl there and go out swinging.

50-50

Tampa, the Jets and the Browns found ways to beat the Steelers. They are not the nasty Steelers of old. Of this 50-50, I'm leaning towards the Ravens.

The Ravens will go as far as this offensive line takes them.

That's the game right there.

I'm not worried about the D.

One other thing: Kubiaks offense is very predictable for defenses. He has to change things up.

He can't work the 2 TE's like he wants to and that is one cornerstone. They have to block and they can't get open or be the same weapons like they could be if Pita was healthy.

He can't try to run when defenses are run blitzing or blitzing up the middle. It doesn't work. So then the D knows he's going to try screens and roll out to the flat...and they are ready.

He has to come out differently calling the plays because the heat will be coming all game....because that's how you stop Joe.

Don't give Joe time and have tons of guys in his face.

I think Kubiak and the coaching staff make the adjustment so I like the Ravens chances.

i like the fact that most of the talking heads don't give us a chance, it gives us the edge in that we can play loose, Bell not being 100% also helps, it's like the Football Gods know that they have unfairly punished the Ravens and now they're evening things up for us. I'll be watching the game , expecting a ravens win.

I like what Kubs has done so far with the offense. I just think he needs to get Flacco back in the Shotgun a little more often and string out the D with more 4 WR sets. That might give Flacco the matchups he needs to get the ball out quickly and stop the Ds stacking the line and blitzing up the middle. I also think a few more rolling pockets might help solve the problem of the blitz up the middle again as long as there are a couple of targets to the side of the rolling pocket or enough time to chuck it long to the other side. Just little things to keep the D honest and thinking a little can help open things up.

Agree with Nado and Rob. Regardless of Bell, we have 0 answers for their passing game and Our O line will be worked by LeBeau and his henchmen- Harrison, Timmons and Co. Joe wil be uncomfortable all night and no weapons to throw to. Hopefully, a light will go off in the FO's heads that yes folks we need a playmaking Wr and TE for Joe. I get it. I got it now !!!

I suspect we will be in free agent draft discussion mode after midnight Sat night.

50-50

Tampa, the Jets and the Browns found ways to beat the Steelers. They are not the nasty Steelers of old. Of this 50-50, I'm leaning towards the Ravens.

The Ravens will go as far as this offensive line takes them.

That's the game right there.

I'm not worried about the D.

One other thing: Kubiaks offense is very predictable for defenses. He has to change things up.

He can't work the 2 TE's like he wants to and that is one cornerstone. They have to block and they can't get open or be the same weapons like they could be if Pita was healthy.

He can't try to run when defenses are run blitzing or blitzing up the middle. It doesn't work. So then the D knows he's going to try screens and roll out to the flat...and they are ready.

He has to come out differently calling the plays because the heat will be coming all game....because that's how you stop Joe.

Don't give Joe time and have tons of guys in his face.

I think Kubiak and the coaching staff make the adjustment so I like the Ravens chances.

this steelers defense has found their swagger. Some of those games Bryant was playing nor was Harrison. The run defense has really come along and the way to beat them is to attack them deep which is easier said then done with the play of Harrison and Worilds as of late. Also Troy and Like are riding the pine and the defense is so much better without them. Mitchell is now looking like the guy we though we were getting not having to cover for Troy. The pieces have fallen together at the right time. I'm going 70-30 if bell was healthy I would go 90-10. You are talking about the number 1 passing offense going against a depeleted secondary. Ben is playing the best football of his life and has a extremely solid online in front of him. This may not be the steelers defense of old but its also not the steelers offense of old. How are you going to stop Brown?

this steelers defense has found their swagger. Some of those games Bryant was playing nor was Harrison. The run defense has really come along and the way to beat them is to attack them deep which is easier said then done with the play of Harrison and Worilds as of late. Also Troy and Like are riding the pine and the defense is so much better without them. Mitchell is now looking like the guy we though we were getting not having to cover for Troy. The pieces have fallen together at the right time. I'm going 70-30 if bell was healthy I would go 90-10. You are talking about the number 1 passing offense going against a depeleted secondary. Ben is playing the best football of his life and has a extremely solid online in front of him. This may not be the steelers defense of old but its also not the steelers offense of old. How are you going to stop Brown?

Simple, get to Ben..we are not going to stop Brown, but of we contain him you in for a long night

No running game...Rthsslxxssbrrgrrrr on his ass...and besides....Brown's only scored 1 TD against the Ravens in 2 games this year.

Icy rain and snow Saturday night will wreck all this nice theory and feel snug "Steelers are really scary and unbeatable" crap out.

No running game...Rthsslxxssbrrgrrrr on his ass...and besides....Brown's only scored 1 TD against the Ravens in 2 games this year.

Icy rain and snow Saturday night will wreck all this nice theory and feel snug "Steelers are really scary and unbeatable" crap out.

short passes work in bad weather plus Bell only had like 80 total yards last game. Don't sleep on Harris he doesn't have great vision but just needs a crease. Also the steelers have quietly moved up up the number 6 rush defense.

I expect the Defense to play significantly better than last time for two reasons.

Reason #1 - Last game was our first after losing Jimmy Smith and we were trying to figure out life without him. Since then, Webb has been playing better and I assume he will be primarily on Brown.

Reason #2 We had abysmal refs last time and that really contributed to Brown getting loose. Webb was on Brown and they called things ridiculously tight on Webb and inexplicably let Brown get away with murder. Just watch these two plays

On this play Webb was called for DPI

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/7B4529428E1141502868407431168_3ff4d2460a8.0.1.2741625243511991884.mp4?versionId=CZI_JpUH128aBnQaDnPBGOeMyOZ9vvvo

On this play brown was NOT called for OPI

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/002CE1759B1141502229678108672_30c521f6dd0.0.1.5305631579062667655.mp4?versionId=6kshGq7sEC8FpOTuz67sWD1PnY8xqB1s

I'd put our chances of winning at 35%. We should definitely be the underdog given how the offense has faltered recently. That said, the Steelers are also depleted in the secondary - we have to score and take advantage of that to have a chance. The rules make it easy to score and play offense in this league but for some reason we have been terrible the past few weeks. We have to hope whatever Flacco and Kubiak figured out in the 4th quarter of the Browns game carries over.

Bottom line: We have to stop their pass rush, unlike last time we played them. That was hard to watch and Flacco was a scared QB. We must change the game plan from last time. The key to winning this game comes down to this . Which pass rush is most effective. As far as Bell, I hope they do play him. He'll be a non factor and Brown should be double teamed on pass plays. We'll have to go in there like gang busters. Remember what Billick once said about walking into a lions den.

I like what Kubs has done so far with the offense. I just think he needs to get Flacco back in the Shotgun a little more often and string out the D with more 4 WR sets. That might give Flacco the matchups he needs to get the ball out quickly and stop the Ds stacking the line and blitzing up the middle. I also think a few more rolling pockets might help solve the problem of the blitz up the middle again as long as there are a couple of targets to the side of the rolling pocket or enough time to chuck it long to the other side. Just little things to keep the D honest and thinking a little can help open things up.

I agree about the rolling pockets and roll outs. I don't know why Kubes has taken them out of the game plan lately.