ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Maxx

oldno82

Real good looking prospect. Not the fastest guy but very smooth. Looks like a perfect fit for our offense. We need a big TE who can block and be a red zone option. Williams ran a lot our delayed drag routes off of a rollout. We ran a lot of these plays last season. Love the pick.

What do you think Mike?

679fd457a51792ba58aca17b512575de_bigger."Ravens following script left by former OC Gary Kubiak of getting big, fast receiver and new, big TE with additions of Perriman and Williams."

Williams’ highlight tape displays him making a series of acrobatic one-handed diving catches, a flair for navigating the sideline and red zone that allowed him to catch 36 passes for 569 yards and eight touchdowns as a redshirt sophomore last season.

Williams led all college tight ends with nine catches of 25 yards or more last season. Eighty-two percent of his catches were for first downs or touchdowns last season.

“I just like to go out there and try to make plays,” Williams said. “That’s the best way I can describe it. I go out there, try and make plays, try to use my body as a tight end, knowing that I’m a little bigger than a wide receiver. Just try to use my body, manipulate it and make a catch.” http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-trade-up-to-draft-minnesota-tight-end-maxx-williams-in-second-round-20150501-story.html

STRENGTHS

Freakishly athletic for the tight end position, which will make him appealing to any team seeking a field-stretching option there. Quickly moves into space on short and intermediate routes, then accelerates to the second level and beyond. Difficult to bring down in the open field—he hurdled lunging defenders on multiple occasions during his college career. More than enough speed to challenge the seam. Creates dream mismatches for quarterbacks downfield, with speed to beat linebackers and pressure safeties plus a wide catch radius. Outstanding body control and hands, too, so QBs can throw him open. At the very least, should be a red-zone staple as a rookie. Sky could be the limit if a team unlocks the rest of his potential.

WEAKNESSES

Eric Ebron learned last year that it takes more than natural gifts to be a successful NFL tight end. Williams must be careful not to suffer the same pratfalls. Can start by honing his route-running. Excelled on contested catches, but was he in so many of those situations because he could not clear more room? Right now, he cannot be counted on as an in-line blocker—ideal team fit would be one with a mauler already in place so he can play the move role in two- or three-TE sets. Subpar blocking goes hand-in-hand, to some degree, with a need to add some strength.

Gilmore and Supernaw- two of the best names in the NFL? That's a quote from this page. Crave, with this kind of logic, fugettabottit. Unless he was just joking, as #82 believes.

Gilmore and Supernaw- two of the best names in the NFL? That's a quote from this page. Crave, with this kind of logic, fugettabottit. Unless he was just joking, as #82 believes.

I'm pretty sure he was stating Gilmore and supernaw were the losers when we picked up Maxx.

• 2 weeks later...

HAHAHA!!

THE STEELERS FORCED YOUR TEAM

we didn't want him at all.

you traded to get him

you guys reached for a TE

there was zero TE in this draft worth that pick

lmao

bust written all over him

ENJOY.

HAHAHA!!

THE STEELERS FORCED YOUR TEAM

we didn't want him at all.

you traded to get him

you guys reached for a TE

there was zero TE in this draft worth that pick

lmao

bust written all over him

ENJOY.

We reached on a first round talent?

We'll see how you feel when Williams grabs a TD over your 5'8" CB you drafted.