ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Browns Game -Predictions ?

varaven45

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamar is not throwing on time. They sere playing off coverage most of the game even when playing zone. That requires timing routes and a qb qho can read the defense.

The offensive line had a few issues, but mostly did very well. Almost 200 yards, 172, on the ground, gutting them up the middle and play action causing the backer to step up can't great an open man? I think not, I don't care what Trent Green said. 3 Nobodies in their secondary, new, nobody open? I think not

This team will lose 3 of their next four, why? Discipline, they haven't had it since Harbs arrived, it has only gotten worse.

Want to know what is really bad? The management team thought this defense was just one player away and was willing to trade a 1st, 2nd and a player to get Ramsey.

Good thing the Jags don't want to trade him, yet. That was just idiotic on our upper management people, Eric....

That was pretty bad.

The game last year was on the verge of being a blowout until Lamar fumbled at the goal line. But the Ravens had a D. Not so this year due to key injuries and the failure to get the personnel necessary to generate a pass rush.

I think the game Sunday will be similar. No blow out due to freak plays or turnovers. Both teams will battle their ass off. A close game and a Ravens win. :gorave:

Insiders predict: Baltimore Ravens

- Favored to win: Baltimore Ravens

- Spread: -7

- Odds: -300

- Cleveland Browns team stats:

- Offense: 330.3 yards per game (#24 in the league)

--- Passing offense: 241.3 ypg (#18)

--- Rushing offense: 89.0 ypg (#25)

- Defense: 315.3 yards per game (#10 in the league)

--- Passing defense: 213.3 ypg (#10)

--- Rushing defense: 102 ypg (#14)

- Baltimore Ravens team stats:

- Offense: 511.7 yards per game (#1 in the league)

--- Passing offense: 295.0 ypg (#7)

--- Rushing offense: 216.7 ypg (#1)

- Defense: 350.7 yards per game (#16 in the league)

--- Passing defense: 290.3 ypg (#27)

--- Rushing defense: 60.3 ypg (#3)

MV5BMjEzOTc4MjU5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI2 "Who will find ways to win and who will find ways to lose?"

Nailed it.

Lamar is not throwing on time. They sere playing off coverage most of the game even when playing zone. That requires timing routes and a qb qho can read the defense.

The offensive line had a few issues, but mostly did very well. Almost 200 yards, 172, on the ground, gutting them up the middle and play action causing the backer to step up can't great an open man? I think not, I don't care what Trent Green said. 3 Nobodies in their secondary, new, nobody open? I think not

This team will lose 3 of their next four, why? Discipline, they haven't had it since Harbs arrived, it has only gotten worse.

Want to know what is really bad? The management team thought this defense was just one player away and was willing to trade a 1st, 2nd and a player to get Ramsey.

Good thing the Jags don't want to trade him, yet. That was just idiotic on our upper management people, Eric....

Yeah they are not that close. The Jags were dumb for not taking a fool deal.

So looking at the next 2 weeks. Pit should be a simple win. They are totally floundering. They are a hot mess. They are like Mia and Zona. But Cincy is not as bad as I expected. They can straight sling the ball and the Ravens D is easily exploited there. I . think it is a 50/50 shot on beating them.

There are no easy wins with this defense. Miami was it

Lamar is developing, he's going to be inconsistent for a while. He's throwing to the tight ends because they have good hands and fight for the ball. The WRs aren't getting open anyhow, and I wouldn't place much trust in them either way.

Luckily Harbaugh has often been good at figuring things out and making adjustments.

Better to lose and make adjustments in September then in December.

All in all a very disappointing performance that alarms me. I thought we looked kind of flat coming out to play as if the KC game had taken away their aura of invincibility. The offense had a good running attack but the offense didn't have a clue in the first 3 quarters. But what really killed us was the crappy defense. They are still having the same 'communication' breakdowns they had in the first 3 games and this time it really bit them in the ass. Communication has not improved one iota. I think losing Weddle's brain was a bigger blow than we thought. Who in hell is the on-field communicator for the secondary? And Thomas has not been what I was expecting by a long shot.

Totally disappointed with this game. And with this defense. We've given up 1100 yards of offense the past 2 games. What happened to those cover guys we were supposed to have?

Didn't Leaveland have a bunch of defenders out of this game? Denver changed their game plan and is going after Ramseys replacement. Why didn't we do something like that..

Hi all. Hope all is well.

All in all a very disappointing performance that alarms me. I thought we looked kind of flat coming out to play as if the KC game had taken away their aura of invincibility. The offense had a good running attack but the offense didn't have a clue in the first 3 quarters. But what really killed us was the crappy defense. They are still having the same 'communication' breakdowns they had in the first 3 games and this time it really bit them in the ass. Communication has not improved one iota. I think losing Weddle's brain was a bigger blow than we thought. Who in hell is the on-field communicator for the secondary? And Thomas has not been what I was expecting by a long shot.

I honestly was scared after the Zona game. He'll i don't even know the kids name, but I shredded the d.

So is Lamar. Throws into double coverage (Andrews) when there is a 20 yard crossing pattern (Snead) abput to be wide open.[/]

Lamar is not awful and certainly not the problem with this team. Did he miss some throws today? Sure, but when your D puts you down several scores pics are going to happen.

Oh it goes past today's game. Sure, he hit wide open receivers in the Phins game, but other than a timely throw in the Cards game and maybe one pass in the Cheifs game, he has plenty of time in the pocket, yet rarely throws any timing routes.

He has only hit one pass on a deep out route, not that they have called very many.

His looks for open receivers rather than reading and anticipating. Today should be proof of that fact.

The running game was working, play action sucking up the linebackers and the Brows were down 3 of their starting 4 dbs. Sure one may be starter material, but all three?

They were playing off coverage, perfect for timing routes, even for deep crossing routes which simply require a qb to read, throw on time.

Just like qhen he took the pass to Andrews in double coverage, when Sneed was coming open on a deep crossing route, good for 20 + yards.

This isn't the first game this year where he didn't read the defense and threw into double, tripple coverage when there was an open man.

Sure, he is young, we expect some growing pains. But all we heard coming into the season was how MUCH he has improved his accuracy and reads.

Other than the Phins game his yards and completions have come over the middle, and against prevent defense late in the games.

He is a long way from where they claimed he was, so far, he is the same as last year. Maybe that will change, I hope so,