ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Steelers

vmax

Wow.

They did everything they could to lose.

The Refs did everything they could to help Shitsburg.

This disgusted the football gods, who had enough so they intervened.

3-2.

Pitts is 1-4.

Now for the Browns to lose tomorrow night. :gorave:

Terribly ugly but they escape with the win.

Amen! Watch other games, watch the routes, as much as we can see from tv, the rpute trees they use to actually get players open.

We don't see them from this offense, no deep crossing routes, no deep dig roues or out routes, nothing...

Other than this game, the line has been pass blockimg well. Certainly enough time for Lamar to read a defense and throw on time, yet he doesn't. So is he not reading or seeing? Are the receivers not getting to those spots on time?

Are we only running shallow crossing routes combined with a short dig and short out route?

I dunno Tim - the Steelers have been playing really good Defense and they have an excellent front four. I wouldnt read too much into the offensive struggles today.

Very true my friend. But they too have been missimg secondary and linebackers, so once again like the Browns game, their resrves played extremely well. I need to see the all 22 coverage to be sure though.

Something is odd, it isn't just this year, it's been an issue for decades. We know the issue the organization has with their inability to develop receivers.

I dunno Tim - the Steelers have been playing really good Defense and they have an excellent front four. I wouldnt read too much into the offensive struggles today.

The announcers touched on that. Their D is not as bad as we anticipated. And the silver lining is. LJ did not play from 7+ behind. He did well enough to put us in the W column..That's all that matters right?

5 sacks, 6 QB hits, 10 tackles for a loss. Lamar was under a lot of heat today.

The Steelers were playing in the Ravens backfield.

Some of those sacks were on him, holding the ball too long, not feeling the rush; Youg QB mistakes. As I said, the line, especially Brown, Yanda, Bozeman, were not blocking well at all today, not pass nor run blocking. They were not holding their blocks long enough or blocking the wrong man on some plays. Quite contrary to how they have done this year. Tribute some of that to as OSR said, a good Steeler front 4..

well we have to bear in mind the increased focus on running the ball and running a ball control offense in order to protect the D is going to limit the opportunities for receivers. More often their opportunities will be in obvious pass downs which means tougher coverage situations. The O did its job today in one aspect - they won TOP and kept the D off the field for the most part.