ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Steelers

vmax

Ravens are favored somehow. I don't know how, but they are.

Big test coming up for Lamar.

He not only has to carry this team, he has to win in Pittsburgh.

He's never played there.

A sure sign that the Ravens have a franchise QB is the ability to win in Pittsburgh.

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJi "Keep an eye on him."

Uneasy feeling with this game, Murray has a banner day against our D in only his 2nd start, and at our place. Lord knows what kinda day Rudolph is going to have. If LJ can keep it close, then we can escape with a win. But if get behind like we did with Leaveland.It will be a long afternoon.

Unfortunately, I think our team is probably pretty demoralized and doesn't have the leadership it has had in the past. Especially the defense. Plus the defense as a whole seems to suck. With the possible exception of Humphrey, the secondary is ripe for another round of busted plays.

I hope they surprise me and play good, tough, mistake-free football and we come out a winner.

But as I see it right now, Steelers 31 Ravens 27.

As a long time fan, my experience tells me that you can't fix or turn around a defense like this over night or even this year.

Not until they get better players.

With Williams back and...a big IF...Jimmy Smith returns and finishes the whole season....then they could be middle of the pack.

Any more key injuries and they maybe win 4 games the rest of the year. The margin for error is that tight.

I still see a Ravens win. Actually, I'm confident on this. :gorave:

I still think Thomas will go down with some injury at some point.

Very possible. Speaking of Thomas, film study says he's not the problem at all.

Very good and i nteresting read....

Thomas, though, has not been the problem. Playing all but two defensive snaps over the Ravens’ trying three-game stretch, he has covered well, tackled soundly and managed the secondary intelligently.......Fiction: Thomas is washed up athletically........https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/gameday/bs-sp-ravens-film-study-earl-thomas-20191002-7osmbq2qhfhlbj36bhmddsigre-story.html

Steelers are trending up, actually look like a far improved team after the NE drubbing.

The Rudolph kid has been impressive in San Francisco (Steelers almost won);

Kept the Steelers close against Seattle before losing at the end; then threw lasers against Cincy

If you ask me, the Steelers are far better off w Randolph than Ben.

After Cleveland exposed us, and with our hot mess secondary that hasn’t held any QB under 300 yds since Miami, Lamar and the running game gets stonewalled, and he runs for his life on Sunday. Can’t be confident about much of anything with this team - outside of Justin Tucker and Marlon Humphrey. Pittsburgh wins by 7-10 points.

If SF beats Cleveland (in a very close one), we should be looking at 3 AFCN teams with 2-3 records come Monday morning.

Saw that Max and it humbled me a bit.

Rob Long was going on that Harbaugh planned this type of new Ravens play since the writing was on the wall last year and he knew we'd need an up tempo offense to compensate for our declining D.

Maybe I've been too harsh on Thomas. Maybe they're trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole with him and the defense.