ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Lamar's record breaking list continues to grow.

vmax

52 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Yep real close but today likely hurt his MVP chances though not nock him out of it. Mahomes is doing Mahomes, Rogers was back to normal; we shall see about Wilson.

MVP hit maybe...but look who his competition was and the weather. I think he still leads. At least IMHO.

Next week it'll be tough playing the Bills in their stadium but I just have a feeling we have a big day anyway. I base that on the prediction for weather in Buffalo next Sunday which is currently that it will be 44 degrees and cloudy and no snow. If that holds I think our offense catches fire again.

and the beat goes on.....

Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Month, the NFL announced Thursday. In four games in November, Jackson completed 64 of 84 passes (76%) for 777 yards, 13 touchdowns and no interceptions. Jackson also rushed 41 times for 300 yards and three touchdowns. He was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week three times in November and has received the weekly honor four times this season, most in the NFL. .......https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-jackson-afc-offensive-player-month-november-20191205-or26qg6qiva7joiw4bd4mnseza-story.html

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Hey great interview Papa! It is much better than the toilet bowl site TMZ usually is.

Flutie is really interesting and I always thought he was an underrated, underappreciated talent.

Totally agree.  Flu tie could have wn a lot in the nfl except for all the group think in the scouting circles.  

It's mind boggling....

Lamar Jackson is setting NFL records left and right it seems. Already having broken Michael Vick’s record for most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season Thursday night against the New York Jets, Jackson then threw his 29th touchdown pass of the season.

Already having broken Michael Vick’s record for most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season Thursday night against the New York Jets, Jackson then threw his 29th touchdown pass of the season.

This score set another NFL record for most touchdown passes thrown by a quarterback 22 or younger, previously set by Peyton Manning in 1998 and tied by Jameis Winston in 2016. Not too much later in the game, Jackson added to his own record with his 30th touchdown pass of the 2019 season. It’s worth noting that these touchdown passes not only represent a new NFL record, they also lead the league in 2019. Young or old, nobody’s coming close to the kind of game Jackson has at his disposal these days. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lamar-jackson-set-another-nfl-record-thursday-night-this-time-with-his-arm/ar-AAK4GSs?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U508DHP

Here's a list....

1. First player in NFL history to have five passing TDs and 50+ rushing yards in multiple games in a season.

2. More touchdowns than the Ravens punter has punts.

3. Only one other QB has ever had this many 5 TD/0 INT games in a season.

4. Seven career games with 50+ rush yards and multiple pass touchdowns.

5. Jackson has done this more times in the last two weeks than every QB in the league's 100-year history

Jackson has thrown five TD passes and rushed for 80-plus yards twice in the last four weeks.

6. First QB to throw for 30+ touchdowns and run for 1,000+ yards in a season.

7. Averaging one TD per 87.5 passing yards, the highest rate since Y.A. Tittle in 1963.

8. Touchdown pass rate of one every 8.9 passes is highest in NFL since 2011 and fourth highest this century.

9. First QB to rank among top-five in rushing for a season (if it ended today).

10. Ravens franchise record for touchdown passes in a season ..................https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lamar-jackson-breaks-record-10-crazy-stats-that-have-defined-the-ravens-quarterbacks-season/

I just keep mumbling to my wife "Lamar Jackson is unbelievable!" and "5 TD passes in his last game" and "Honey, come here...you have to see THIS play".

I've been following football for decades and have never seen a talent like Lj@8. And on top of all that he's so humble and decent. And what a leader!!

4 hours ago, vmax said:

Here's a list....

The more touchdowns than punts is crazy, especially after 14 games!

38 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

I just keep mumbling to my wife "Lamar Jackson is unbelievable!" and "5 TD passes in his last game" and "Honey, come here...you have to see THIS play".

I've been following football for decades and have never seen a talent like Lj@8. And on top of all that he's so humble and decent. And what a leader!!

Me too, what fun to watch! 

:gorave: Another one....

Jackson has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the fifth time this season. He joins Tom Brady (2007) and Cam Newton (2015) as the only players to win conference offensive player of the week five times in the same season. Both Brady and Newton won MVP those years. ....https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/lamar-jackson-joins-tom-brady-and-cam-newton-with-another-weekly

How's this for being focused?....

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Lamar Jackson shot down any suggestion that the Baltimore Ravens won't win the Super Bowl.

Given how successful this year has been for the NFL Most Valuable Player front-runner, he was asked Wednesday whether he would consider this season a disappointment if the Ravens didn't hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

:bow:  "I'm not even going to put that in my head, what you just said," an animated Jackson said. "That's the biggest goal. That's what everyone is playing the game for. Everyone wants to get to the big dance. We're having such a great year. That's what we got to get to. No ifs, ands or buts about it. I'm not going to put anything else in my mind about not going."...https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28327366/lamar-jackson-says-ravens-focused-getting-winning-super-bowl ..............

Edited by vmax

For the fantasy guys....

With his 29.8 fantasy points on Sunday, Lamar Jackson now has 415.7 for the season. That's just 1.4 shy of Patrick Mahomes' single-season record, set only last year (417.1). Lamar Jackson is the first quarterback in history to reach the 400 fantasy point plateau before his team's 16th game of the season. ...https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/bal/baltimore-ravens

What other records did he set today?

Oh...here's one....

It was day of celebration for Jackson, who broke Vinny Testaverde's single-season team record for touchdown passes with his 34th late in the first half.

Another one....

The Ravens matched the team record for most victories in a single regular season with 13 and also set a new regular-season franchise mark with their seventh road win.

The highest seed the Ravens have ever previously achieved was No. 2, which occurred in 2006 and 2011......https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28353194/lamar-jackson-leads-ravens-no-1-seed-mark-ingram-hurt

Edited by vmax