ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Bills

vmax

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJi "I see a Ravens win this early in the week. Surprised?"  :fishin:

Here's some early information...High of 43 degrees at game time...clear skies....

I decided to make a list of all the teams the Bills have beaten this season that currently have a winning record, and let's just say that it's an extremely short list. 

Here's the list: Tennessee.

........through 12 games this season, the Bills have played five games against teams that are currently 5-7 or better and seven games against teams that are 4-8 or worse. If you want to make the playoffs in the NFL, you have to be able to beat bad teams and the Bills have mastered that. In those seven games against bad teams, they've gone 7-0. However, to advance in the playoffs, you're eventually going to have beat a good team, which the Bills haven't really been able to do. In their five games against teams that are 5-7 or better, the Bills have gone 2-3.  ....https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-14-picks-ravens-beat-down-the-bills-in-buffalo-patriots-and-chiefs-play-thriller/

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 buf.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 33.8 21.4
Points Allowed Per Game 18.3 15.7
Total Yards 429.4 366.8
Yards Passing 221.6 228.8
Yards Rushing 207.8 137.9
Yards Allowed 339.3 321.3
Pass Yards Allowed 244.3 217.0
Rush Yards Allowed 94.9

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see  a letdown this week. Ravens have never been a 1 seed. Harbs has them focused, we stumbled in the beginning of the year losing to KC then getting thumped by Leaveland.

Statistically we are pretty even on both sides of the ball. But we have the master of 8 .minute drives and Tucker.

It's a blessing seeing the forecast, 43 degrees is balmy for Buffalo this time of the year.

31-13 Ravens

I could see a letdown from Sundays emotion win.  However, we didn't play especially well plus Lamar and the O left points and plays on the field.

Not to belabor the play, but his fumble early 2nd half changed the whole momentum and we might have coasted from there.    We know the rest.

Meantime, I think Buffalo is playing at an extremely high level - forget the opponent.  They would be tough out for any team in their house.

And they will be - I expect us to be a little tight and Buffalo and its fans pumped up big time.  

If Buffalo jumps out to a lead - little or small - it could be long day.  If we seize command right away, I think we can be successful.

Lamar and the team need another signature performance - LA/ Seattle like metrics - to be successful and win.   

Well a lot went wrong last week, from the weather to the play of the offense, defense and even some special teams mistakes.

Yet when crunch time came, they won the game because all three phases picked up their game. Their defense faces another running quarterback like Wilson, Mahomes, Watson and even Mayfield to some extent.  So they know they have to be disciplined in their rush lanes, rush up to not beyond; leave no escape lanes.        He is young and he can be confused, forced into picks, very prone to fumbling!

Their defense is good, especially at home, however they are not dominant; they can be run on and passed on. BeastDrews should have a big day, tightends usually do. I think after a slow start the Ravens pull a way; 37-17

No change in how I'm feeling about this game... images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGpvuPrpX5zaSNGTsmHyy

I'm taking it one match up at a time. I like the Ravens here. My brain can't fathom the Ravens running the table through the Super Bowl. That's their worry and they are "one game at a timing" it.

Edited by vmax

Yup! It's going to be windy....

“It’s going to be fairly breezy on Sunday,” said Aaron Reynolds, a meteorologist with the weather service office in Buffalo. “We’ll have sustained winds of 15 to 20 mph, with gusts up to 30 to 35 mph.”

Winds are expected to come from the south, so they’ll run at an angle to the length of the field, which lies on an axis of southeast to northwest.

Temperatures are expected to be in the low to mid 40s throughout the game, which starts at 1 p.m. The normal high for Buffalo on Dec. 8 is 38 degrees.

Skies will likely be cloudy during the game, and there’s a 50% chance of light rain Sunday afternoon. That probably won’t start until after the game, Reynolds said.

I say go conservative....if you dare call it conservative. The Ravens should simply unleash their historical rushing attack on the Bills 14th ranked run defense.

Get it over with.

Why risk the chance of an errant throw, in swirling winds, to fall into the opponents hands?

Edited by vmax

Lamar throws line drives, rarely puts air under the ball; sadly on some deep throws. So I don't think the wind will bother him too much nor Allen who also throws hard.

Kicking however, in those winds will be difficult for both teams. The Ravens know the Bills' kicker well, he is struggling already, the wind won't help...

Anticipating another nail biter - just like San Fran.  Bills playing at an extremely high level and with lots of confidence - just like us.   Could see this one going either way and, as someone pointed out earlier, a loss wouldn’t kill us.  Just saying as I don’t see us running the table. 

Either way: Lamar vs Josh Allen, Ravens vs Bills = lots of fun and helluva game.