ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Titans

vmax

Ravens win prediction: 68.4%

Not seeing that. Not with all the injuries. Not with the offensive and defensive line play that we saw Sunday night. The game is won in the trenches and there's a total mismatch here.

I am seeing...maxresdefault.jpg

I hope this is plastered all over the Castle and everybody shows up Sunday very pissed off. That would be a good thing. The Ravens played real slow and lethargic that day.

The Ravens (6-3) opened as seven-point favorites, and the line has come down to 6½ in the day after their 23-17 loss to the New England Patriots. The Titans (6-3), who have lost three of their past four games, were blown out, 34-17, by the Indianapolis Colts in a “Thursday Night Football” matchup last week....https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-titans-odds-spread-line-20201117-2hoopzc33zdedmmiil4mxporoq-story.html

OK...maybe...maybe the Ravens get the Titans who were blown out and losers of 3 out of their last 4 games. Maybe there's a shot. Maybe Queen and Harrison can man up against Henry. Big Maybe there.  And Remember:

Henry gashed the Ravens for 195 rushing yards the last time Tennessee faced the Ravens, :scared:

Team Stats

ten.png&h=100&w=100 bal.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 27.7 27.1
Points Allowed Per Game 26.1 18.3
Total Yards 385.1 362.4
Yards Passing 236.4 198.4
Yards Rushing 148.7 164.0
Yards Allowed 408.0 344.1
Pass Yards Allowed 287.3 234.4
Rush Yards Allowed 120.7 109.7

Both teams are 6-3 but 9 teams total, have 6 or more wins with only 7 playoff slots. If the season ended today then the Titans would be out.

The Ravens are barely hanging on. As far as playoff hopes go, this feels like a must win game for both teams.

Baltimore's playoff outlook from a virtual lock to a question mark.

"The Ravens (6-3) have gone from a preseason Super Bowl favorite to holding the No. 7 and final playoff spot in the AFC," ESPN's Jamison Hensley wrote.

If playoffs were today: AFC: Steelers bye, 7 Ravens @ 2 Chiefs:sing:, 6 Dolphins @ 3 Bills, 5 Raiders @ 4 Colts. No Browns, Titans, Pats.

Just a little more gloom and doom and then I'll be back....because the Ravens will win. :gorave:

Then we have the QB situation. The Ravens bring out the best in Tannehill..images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmJ7-ZBrPBy25o7EdVg1a. He completes passes against the Ravens that he can't against other teams. And unfortunately the Titans bring out the worst in Lamar who was 31 for 59! Yea that is correct. 59 attempts while having the #1 rushing attack in the NFL. He threw 2 INT's and had a fumble.

Remember this???...derrick-henry-011120-getty-ftr_1eixpc3vo

Will the Ravens keep taking the bait? images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWxNfflUBu-qsuO0GVrff  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6mqkfv4KS2Sqk4e04r2Y "Well, Bill taught me a few things..."

Here's another photo to piss everybody off...FullSizeRender.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDnD9uHLpdWi3-WTpvGxF I'm in a pissed off mood right now! I hear the "Revenge Call!"images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9yv_kdxAQjmPPc5VE6e9

"We're ticked off," ...images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxWa1weLeWbsI_hACH2C8

I have no idea yet how the Ravens can pull off the win. I'll work on that this week...even if I have to make up shit...:fishin::yeah:

But I'm just a fan. The Ravens better know how to win right now.

Edited by vmax

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravens win prediction: 68.4%

Not seeing that. Not with all the injuries. Not with the offensive and defensive line play that we saw Sunday night. The game is won in the trenches and there's a total mismatch here.

Max,  I can’t disagree with the logic and your doom and gloom on Sundays Titans tilt.  Now,  had I posted the same, I’d be accused of being negative Nancy or one who always says the sky is falling.   Sometimes It’s head scratching on this board 🥴

This is the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back for this season. I just hope I am wrong, but as you stated Max, too many injuries, too many issues, this game is gonna stink like a small bathrom after a foul meal poop.

It is bad enough they have the Steelers to look ahead to on Thursday night, turkey night in America, that they have to face a talented desperate team that matches up well on offense and especially defense to the Ravens. This game will be a blow out, not even close that the final score may indicate, sadly.

Overall the Ravens have committed 22 offensive penalties since Week 4 (six games), the second-most in the NFL...:nono:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqpMa3dfuvnSpRRMtaLpw  "I still need a little more time in the ER lab to make up some wild and fantastic conclusions based on very sketchy scraps of fact and evidence to provide hope and declare that a Ravens victory is certain. I have a call into Donald. He's the best at this. Currently I'm on hold."

Also currently, there is also a team of ER researchers trying to dig stuff up....images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4MiaG08V-QzWHAVZYh8P

This is the hardest game for me to see "If" and"How" the Ravens can win since the Kyle Boller days.

More tough facts....

There will be no relief Sunday. With quarterback Ryan Tannehill, running back Derrick Henry and wide receiver A.J. Brown, the Titans have the weapons to punish every false step. Especially when they’re used together..............The Titans rank behind only the Chiefs and Green Bay Packers in efficiency this season, according to Football Outsiders, and they’re the only team with a top-five passing offense (No. 2) and rushing offense (No. 5).........https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-patriots-titans-film-study-20201118-qp5dxlsvdfa5fkxju2lurqwz3m-story.html

From Andrews, Boyle and Hurst to this....

The Ravens have signed free-agent tight end Luke Willson to the practice squad.....Willson, 30, is an eight-year veteran, most recently playing with the Seattle Seahawks this season. He played just 10 offensive snaps in five games. Seattle released Willson on Nov. 3.

A fifth-round pick in the 2013 draft, Willson has played in 99 games, recording 110 catches, 1,295 yards and 11 touchdowns. His addition gives the Ravens more options at tight end with Nick Boyle out for the remainder of the season with a major knee injury. Tight ends Sean Culkin and Xavier Grimble are also signed to the practice squad........The Ravens could opt to use one or both of their practice squad call-ups this week on a tight end..https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-luke-willson-geno-stone-nick-boyle-terrell-bonds-ir-20201117-y75igf2f4jh7vjwlcnzujuieyi-story.html

Let's pile it on....

Harbaugh said Bonds would probably miss a few weeks after injuring his knee in the second half against the Patriots. Bonds is the fifth cornerback to be placed on IR this season, joining Iman Marshall, Tavon Young, Anthony Averett and Khalil Dorsey. Jimmy Smith also didn’t play Sunday because of an ankle injury....https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-luke-willson-geno-stone-nick-boyle-terrell-bonds-ir-20201117-y75igf2f4jh7vjwlcnzujuieyi-story.html

Edited by vmax

17 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

So how did the Colts and Bengals beat them?

Because the Titans D gives up a ton of yards. They are not that good yet you can say the same thing for the Ravens due to their injury situation at the moment. The Titans did run for 157 yards at 4.9ypc but Tannell and the passing game had an off day...only 137 yards and 1 TD. Remember...the Colts D is solid.

The Titans ran for 281 yards on the Bengals...7.5 ypc! Think what they'll do against the Ravens without Campbell and Williams. :scared: A turnover and a good day by Burrows was the difference.

Here's a stat:

Tennessee's offense is second in the red zone (76.5%) while Baltimore's defense is dead last (76.2%) in allowing touchdowns.

This is a game that the Ravens offense has to cover the D's back. They need to control the clock, win field position consistently and score TD's. Special teams has to step up and do some damage. They also have to play mistake free football and limit penalties.

That's asking a lot. Yet Lamar is confident...

Jackson said he isn't worried about the unit that will block for him Sunday, regardless of who plays.

"I'm confident in our line, 100 percent confident," Jackson said. "We got those NFL linemen for a reason. They want to win games, I know that for a fact. Just have to keep it going.".........https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/news-notes-ravens-believe-they-ll-find-more-big-plays-on-offense

Edited by vmax

Injury report:

Defensive linemen Brandon Williams (ankle) and Calais Campbell (calf) did not practice Wednesday as the Ravens prepared to take on Derrick Henry and the Tennessee Titans.

Williams injured his ankle early in last week's game in New England and did not return. Campbell injured his calf the week before in Indianapolis.

"Calais will be day-to-day here going forward with the calf; we'll see about this week as we go," Head Coach John Harbaugh said Monday. "Brandon Williams has an ankle; we'll see as we go. Possibly a week, maybe more. It'll be touch-and-go for Sunday."

Cornerback Jimmy Smith (ankle) also did not practice Wednesday after sitting out the game in New England. Left tackle Orlando Brown Jr. was limited for non-injury reasons.

In good news, linebacker L.J. Fort (finger), who has missed the past two games, returned to practice as a full participant.

The Titans have nine players who did not practice, even after coming off a long weekend following Thursday Night Football. The list includes six starters: outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (knee), wide receiver Corey Davis (NIR), wide receiver Adam Humphries (concussion), cornerback Adoree Jackson (knee), center Ben Jones (knee), and guard Rodger Saffold (ankle)......https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/who-s-practicing-who-s-not-vs-titans-x9538

Here's the D line for Sunday....:sing:

Campbell and Williams did not practice Wednesday. If they cannot play, it will mean defensive ends Wolfe and Jihad Ward, veteran nose tackle Justin Ellis, and rookie defensive tackles Justin Madubuike and Broderick Washington are the men for the job....https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-commit-to-physicality-with-derrick-henry-coming-to-town

Edited by vmax

2 hours ago, oldno82 said:

We've got to have Campbell to at least have a shot.

Yes!

Queen and Harrison are not big enough to take on O linemen at this point in their young careers. They can't shed blocks and they get rolled over. They make the tackles, but it's down field and way too late. Elliot is already psyching himself up to this fact and that he will have to charge in and collide, play after play. They "HOPE" to hit Henry early before he can get a roll of steam.

HEY!!!!

A Ray of Hope. Gobble it up and use it for all it's worth! :fishin:

Titans at Ravens: Who has the edge in Week 11?

Offense: Titans

This is still a Lamar Jackson-led Baltimore offense that still has several running backs capable of doing damage, but it’s a far cry from the offense that last season tore through opposing defenses. The Ravens are ranked 22nd and tied for 12th in total yards per game and points per game, respectively. The Titans are ranked 11th and 10th in those categories, respectively.

Defense: Ravens

Baltimore possesses the stingiest defense in the NFL when it comes to allowing points — its ranked first with 18.3 points allowed on average. It’s also No. 2 in third-down defense. The Titans, on the other hand, are ranked 31st in third-down defense. Tennessee, ranked 24th with 398.1 yards allowed per game, has been mired in a season-long funk on this side of the ball

Special teams: Ravens

The Ravens have Justin Tucker, the most accurate kicker in NFL history, and the Titans have a special teams unit in utter shambles. Case opened, case closed.

Intangibles: Ravens

Remember last year’s divisional round game? The Ravens sure do. No, they won’t have fans in attendance to create the electric atmosphere that was felt at the beginning of that game. But they’ll surely have a revenge-game mindset after the Titans stomped on them in January.

Coaching: Ravens

Both teams are three games over .500 but trending in the wrong direction after losses in Week 8 and 10. So the tie here will go to the more experienced coach in John Harbaugh, who is in his 13th season leading the Ravens and last season was named NFL Coach of the Year.

Predictions

Erik Bacharach, Titans beat writer

Ravens 27, Titans 21: Nothing that unfolded at Nissan Stadium last week inspired confidence in these Titans. Until they show some significant improvement defensively and consistency on special teams, they’re difficult to pick over potent teams like the Ravens.:thumbup:

Gentry Estes, sports columnist

Ravens 34, Titans 20: The Ravens' offense isn't what it was a year ago, but the defense is still solid. And that should be enough to handle the visiting Titans — whose defense is not — on a day that'll arrive with plenty of motivation for the home team....:yeah:.....https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2020/11/19/titans-ravens-predictions-nfl-week-11/6322018002/

I swear I didn't make any of this up, edit or plagiarize a thing. These are the Nashville writers who follow the team.bb6f08cc3d37fb5cc3158c74fb09e801.jpg They drove to Rocky Top, got a quart of moonshine and began writing. You should visit there. They have some good times...43f3e7ebee783f09375ea87e6093f732.jpg life is simpler..e661afe8c5468ffd0c7e6794e7bb6f9d.jpg..laid back...no stress.

Here's 7 sports sites who are picking the Ravens to win:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/11/17/tennessee-titans-baltimore-ravens-picks-predictions-nfl-week-11/6324045002/

Edited by vmax

Weird. The odds makers and pundits see something i don't. If we can't stop the run, I'm not sure his we win. I'm not sure how we stop the run.

It doesn't matter to me if the team allows 220 rushing yards - or if  Lamar gains 500+ largely by himself. If they lose time to think about a trade for Lamar. 😉 

Edited by Spen

Perhaps both teams will have trouble stopping the other from scoring. Due to the run games and clock time that consumes....call this a low scoring shoot out.

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJi "I see a Ravens win 27-20."

• Lock of the Week: Ravens (-6.5, 49 o/u) over Titans

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBS

The Ravens realize their chances of winning the AFC North again are fading, so they'll focus on making sure they at least lock up the wild card with Lamar Jackson. Their memories of being upset by the Titans at home in last season's playoffs should prompt them to play better in the rematch. The Titans' defense is wilting while the Ravens can still count on theirs as a backbone, despite key injuries. Jackson is more comfortable at home than Ryan Tannehill is on the road.

Pick:  Ravens win 27-17 and cover the spread.:gorave:

The majority of pundits we looked at (34 of 44) believe the Ravens will prevail Sunday. :gorave:...https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/late-for-work-11-20-predictions-for-ravens-vs-titans

Edited by vmax

Amazed as well at the pundits !  As Max pointed out - Not sure what they are seeing.  Without Campbell and Williams, Henry should have run roughshod over our D.   Knowing that, don’t be surprised if Tanneyhill and Co make some big time pass plays my mixing up the pass and run.

If not mistaken, I believe he came out slinging last game and connected on a few big bombs, they took a big lead and handed the game over to Henry, and never looked back.  Could see that play out again. 

In order for us to win, one of two things has to happen, 

Lamar has an extraordinarily good game - ala 2019 MVP season - and takes over the game,  OR

Our D plays lights out for 60 minutes - completely shutting down Tannehill and Henry, forcing multiple turnovers and scoring on those TOs.

I haven’t really yet witnessed either this season but this would be a helluva good game to start. 

We shall see how this team responds and what sort of character, chemistry and complimentary football it has.  

The Ravens really need to win this game. The season could end after Monday night due to the virus. It could end anytime from here on out. Infections are spiking all across the country and now the NFL. Currently the Ravens hold a playoff spot....the last one in the AFC.

EUF1jV_UMAIzCfJ.jpeg821990.jpg

Edited by vmax