ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Chiefs

vmax

Image result for funny photos ravens fansImage result for funny photos ravens fans

Chiefs win percentage 55.8%. Ravens at +3.5

Pat Hingle in The Twilight Zone (1959)  "What do you think of this Socrates?
Image result for images socrates  "Thanks for finding a medium who could channel me in from beyond the grave. Me and my buddies follow this board every day. There are other forces and energies at play here determining the outcome of this game. Doesn't it strike you as odd that the road team Ravens were given a 55.4% win percentage last week and that the road team Chiefs are 55.8% favorites this week? A basketball is round and where it will bounce is predictable. However a football is oblong and bounces unpredictably. That's why you play the game. Last week the Raiders, playing their home opener, came in it +4 and WON. This week the Ravens come in at +3.5 in their home opener. Co-incidence? Fate? Dionysia communes with Ravens daily and lavishes favors upon them.  Poseidon has been influencing the bettors. Expect a shipwreck in a Purple Maelstrom! "

Team Stats

kc.png&h=100&w=100 bal.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 33.0 27.0
Points Allowed Per Game 29.0 33.0
Total Yards 410.0 424.0
Yards Passing 337.0 235.0
Yards Rushing 73.0 189.0
Yards Allowed 474.0 517.0
Pass Yards Allowed 321.0 435.0
Rush Yards Allowed 153.0 82.0

The Mountain:

As good as the Browns defense is supposed to be on paper, as good or supposedly great their D line is...Mahomes was only sacked twice and hit 6 times on 36 drop backs. Whenever Mahomes need to make a play, he did. The Chiefs put up 33 points on that D.

The Ravens gave up 27 points and 424 yards of offense to the Raiders.

See a pattern developing?

See why Divine Intervention is necessary?

And we have that! Image result for funny photos ravens fansImage result for Baltimore Ravens FansImage result for Baltimore Ravens Female FansImage result for Baltimore Ravens Female FansSee the source image

At last count the Ravens had 14 players on IR and it's only week 2. 

Having channeled in highly accurate information, in a high scoring, shock the world upset , the Ravens #2's beat the Chiefs 1's  :gorave:

Edited by vmax

In the past the Ravens had a defense that would keep them in games. Now with Stanley is gone...now that there is no O line...the defense will be on the field all night and be totally gassed by the 4th quarter. 1st quarter they step into quicksand. 2nd...up to their thighs...3rd.Image result for people in quicksand images..chest level....4th???? Image result for Death by Quicksand

It feels like every hour that we get news like this....

Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN)
More injury issues for #Ravens: Cornerback Chris Westry has a torn lateral meniscus, per source. Westry was growing in Ravens defense and played 33 defensive snaps vs. Raiders. Already without Marcus Peters, Baltimore looking at options and exploring adding veteran Buster Skrine

My expectations for this season are spiraling way down. I can't see the bottom yet.

That said...not knowing how this team and coaching staff will respond, it will be interesting and possibly surprising season.

While Villanueva's performance was being dissected on social media, Head Coach John Harbaugh said he was confident the veteran would shake off Monday night.

"I'm not really into that kind of conversation," Harbaugh said. "We come out, and we work to get better. He works his butt off to get better; he's going to play very well for us."  Ravens Have Confidence in Offensive Tackles (baltimoreravens.com)

Image result for pinocchio images

1 hour ago, vmax said:

My expectations for this season are spiraling way down. I can't see the bottom yet.

That said...not knowing how this team and coaching staff will respond, it will be interesting and possibly surprising season.

I think the adjectives 'demoralizing' and 'catastrophic' are more in line.

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens injury report for Thursday

DID NOT PRACTICE
WR Marquise Brown (ankle)
OT Ronnie Stanley (ankle)
CB Chris Westry (knee)
DE Derek Wolfe (back/hip)
OLB Pernell McPhee (not injury-related)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
CB Marlon Humphrey
CB Jimmy Smith
LB D.Hayes
WR Devin Duvernay”

Factor in IR and that means they had about 22 guys on the field....:nono:

Edited by vmax

Image result for pinocchio images

"When you take one of the best tackles in the league out of the lineup, it will affect it," Roman said. "We feel great with everybody we have. The great thing about it is, we've got great depth. :cryin: "We need to do a better job on the edge; we know that. It's just really a technique thing. I think we were late off the ball a few times, [and] that really affected us. The crowd noise had a little bit of an effect on a few of them, but we just have to do a better job, [and] we will."

20 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

After the issues with the ball snapping do you want to pull Bozeman away from that responsibility?

Just for this game. Trying to find a way to cover for Villenueva, get a solid road grading middle of the line and trying to find a way to slow down Chandler Jones.

After watching Crosby destroy the O line....well...I'm at a loss.