ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Chargers

vmax

Never saw a win like this as possible. It shows this Ravens defense is a prideful,  believing unit. They fought hard, played disciplined, hit hard. Bynes had twice as many tackles as Queen but Queen did improve his play this week. Elliott made a difference. Averett improved. Run D was solid.

The O kept Herbert off the field. He had limited time and opportunities. It looked like the Over The Hill RB's are not over the hill and are developing as weapons in this rush offense.

All 3 phases played in tandems great football. The 12th man was awesome. 

5-1 is beyond my expectations.  Very special season unfolding here.

dr-strangelove-peter-sellers.jpg?w=450 " From my vantage point it was a very relaxing win. Change of pace game. Grey Poupon anyone?"

What do you think Mike?

Mike Preston, columnist: If the Chargers were one of the best teams in the AFC, the rest of the conference is in trouble. The Ravens dominated Los Angeles in every phase of the game from the opening whistle until the final gun. There were questions about the Ravens’ defense before the game, but very few afterward...Instant analysis from Ravens’ 34-6 win over Los Angeles Chargers - Baltimore Sun

Edited by vmax

1 hour ago, cravnravn said:

Can't wait to hear Preston tomorrow morning..love my morning fix...Could do without ed Norris though..he belongs in jail.

He gave almost every unit and coaches an A. Never seen that from him.

Early media articles are saying the Ravens are for real and a force in the AFC. Like it's the Ravens and the Bills and then the rest. 

Articles like this..

BALTIMORE -- The season seemed to be over before it could really begin in Baltimore, when a devastating series of injuries eliminated stars, decimated the backfield and cast the Ravens off the NFL radar by the end of the preseason. A series of nail-biters -- a miraculous field goal to beat the lowly Lions, a frantic comeback to beat the Colts in overtime -- did little to wipe away the feeling that, for all of Lamar Jackson's dazzling play and the team's spot in first place in the AFC North, the Ravens were hanging on at the very fringes of the AFC playoff conversation. We haven't talked about them much and neither has anybody else....Ravens make young season's loudest statement in 34-6 throttling of Chargers (nfl.com)

• Upvote 1

$th down was game planned.

“We knew it was going to be a four-down game, and we felt like if we could put them in a situation where it was a little bit tougher on fourth down than a fourth-and-1, then we have a chance to get a stop. If we got a stop, that would count as a turnover,” Harbaugh said of the Chargers, who were 3-for-12 on third down and 1-for-4 on fourth down. “So, we count those three stops as turnovers. That was our goal, really on defense, and our guys did a great job of it...Five things we learned from the Ravens’ 34-6 win over the Los Angeles Chargers (msn.com)

The Ravens are no longer a run first or pass first team....

The Ravens have said all along they’re not interested in being a run-first team or a pass-first team. They want to have an answer no matter what the defense does. In a six-day span, they beat the Colts by throwing the ball all over M&T Bank Stadium and trampled the Chargers with a lower-flying plan. They’re well on the way to their shape-shifting ideal....Five things we learned from the Ravens’ 34-6 win over the Los Angeles Chargers (msn.com)

Image result for photosRavensvs chargers 2021Image result for photosRavensvs chargers 2021

Edited by vmax

18 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Eat clock, O My Gosh! Lamar! You threw it right to him, why?

Late to the game, but had to listen on the radio and Femi wanted them to grind it on the ground.  Granted Lamar threw the INT, but why didn't Roman just call for a run?

13 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I missed most of the game so I need to watch the replay.  I was shocked when I did get sat down to look,

Just want to bring this to your attention as you watch it.

image.png.59abd8737b9ebb4af6a68e19c26bac0e.png

10 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

I expected stuff like that especially being the first week back.  I would still rather have him working through this than Boykin dropping everything and taking up spaces.

Boykin needs to go, agreed.

2 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

Late to the game, but had to listen on the radio and Femi wanted them to grind it on the ground.  Granted Lamar threw the INT, but why didn't Roman just call for a run?

Yeah, overall it was a good game calling, nice mix. A little more run would have been better. Maybe then that linebacker that Lamar didn't see would have bitten up more on the playaction.

Shoot, if Bateman makes that catch on the next int, he is off to the races. I think he had goal posts in his eyes as to why he let that one bounce off...

2 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

Boykin needs to go, agreed.

But he caught the only pass to come his way....

If Bateman tracks the way he played against the Chargers, with Duv also playing very well, making difficult catches and great returns, even Proche is making tough catches, Boykin will have to be the odd man out.

Injuries at other positions will make it tough to keep dressing six wide outs..

Sarah Ellison (@sgellison)
Coming into this game, the Chargers were the No. 3 passing offense with 303 pass yds/gm and 28.4 pts/game. Ravens defense allowed just 182 yards and 6 points. It also notched:

- 3 turnover on downs
- 1 INT
- 7 PD
- 2 sacks

Defense played lights out