ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Steelers

vmax

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, tsylvester said:

He made those good throws at the end, running was not going to work. If the running back goes to Watt instead of waiting for him, maybe Lamar throws a better pass. Either way, the play was there to be made and he failed. I counted this and the next 3 as loses, so....

In a 1 play game the ball cannot be in Lamars hands.  Go for the possession in ot and try for the td. 

6mj3.gif

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas."

no it still would have been a bad call.  Yrs ago in a similar move I agreed with harbs and it didn't work.  With how poorly Lamar is playing in addition to his poor 2 pt conversion rate it's a bad move.  Play for othope for the ball and go for the td.

I told my wife when that call was made that it was gutsy and I would have kicked the PAT at that time. However, I didn't know about Humphrey being injured. The defense had given up 17 points in a short period of time so it might all have come down to a coin toss. Therefore, in hindsight, Harbs made the right call. It just wasn't executed to the level needed to win the game. So I don't blame Harbs at all for that now.

Some food for thought, Mahomes, "the greatest qb to ever play the game", had another sub par day. 52% completion, only 184 yards, 0 tds, 1 pick (bounced off a receivers hands)

Now we know he is just slumping, right? Maybe this, he, & Lamar, being very young, are just going through growing pains. Josh Allen, another "greatest qb ever" has also had bad games this year.

Are we seeing a trend? Post covid hang over?

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

The ravens rolled down the field in a min and a half.  There is no reason not to think it couldn't happen again.

The Steelers did as well, if they win the coin toss, being down yet another starter in the 2ndary, you honestly think the defense would stop the Steelers from scoring a touchdown?

32 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

The Steelers did as well, if they win the coin toss, being down yet another starter in the 2ndary, you honestly think the defense would stop the Steelers from scoring a touchdown?

I am fine with that.   But I would rather have the 50 50 shot at possession than a less than 50% shot at the win.

11 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Some food for thought, Mahomes, "the greatest qb to ever play the game", had another sub par day. 52% completion, only 184 yards, 0 tds, 1 pick (bounced off a receivers hands)

Now we know he is just slumping, right? Maybe this, he, & Lamar, being very young, are just going through growing pains. Josh Allen, another "greatest qb ever" has also had bad games this year.

Are we seeing a trend? Post covid hang over?

Josh Allen looked "real good" last night..lol

You might be on to something, but post covid has nothing to do with it. Defenses have figured these guys out. It took teams 4 years to figure out Lamar and Mahomes. So our issue is the offense either coaching or Lamar have to recognize when teams line up in the 0 Blitz. No one on the offense picks it up.

As far as going for the win in Pitt, we just pushed up the outcome a few minutes, we were not stopping Pitt with our depleted D. Lamar needs to work on touch more than anything. It was the correct call just failed execution.

4 hours ago, cravnravn said:

You might be on to something, but post covid has nothing to do with it. Defenses have figured these guys out. It took teams 4 years to figure out Lamar and Mahomes. So our issue is the offense either coaching or Lamar have to recognize when teams line up in the 0 Blitz. No one on the offense picks it up.

As far as going for the win in Pitt, we just pushed up the outcome a few minutes, we were not stopping Pitt with our depleted D. Lamar needs to work on touch more than anything. It was the correct call just failed execution.

We could have won the flip.

1 hour ago, cravnravn said:

No excuses in football. They both played in the same conditions. Hoodie has NE primed 

They are going to be 1 seed.  With that d and run game they will be a hard out.

8 hours ago, cravnravn said:

I dunno, earlier this season, all of his past games while he struggled with accuracy outside the numbers, especially down field, he always seemed to find the open man; thus his gaudy passing & rushing stats.

Lately, however, since his 2nd covid and subsequent "food poisoning" incident, he can't even find the open man. As pointed out in the Steelers game, numerous times he had wide open players right in front of him, down the middle, no one around, down field too boot yet even with plenty of time never saw a 6-3 250 lb man jumping, waiving his arms...

Something is odd, this has gone on what, 3,4 games now? It's not just defenses blitzing off the edge or playing match up zone, condensing the pocket, he is just not seeing the field.

As he said him self, he playing like a rookie, zone reads for hamd offs included...

6 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

Josh Allen played in piss poor conditions, but he isn't winning big games.

Mac Jones threw three passes.

Had a chance to win it, made the wrong read on the 4th and 14/ goal line pass. Should have thrown to Beasley on the crossing route, instead of Diggs. These young qbs... 😃