ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Bengals Week 16

vmax

image.jpeg.f0ce07186967afbb5191d7b33ae00afc.jpeg

Ravens win percentage 50.9. 

With the Browns loos, Sundays Ravens/Bengals game will be for sole possession of 1st place in the AFC North.

AFC North standings through Wk 15 after Browns loss to Raiders tonight
1. Bengals (8-6): vs. Ravens, vs. KC, at Browns
2. Ravens (8-6): at Bengals; vs. Rams, vs. Pitt
3. Steelers (7-6-1): at KC, vs. Browns, at Ravens
4. Browns (7-7): at GB, at Pitt, vs. Bengals

At the moment: 

The Ravens' loss to the Packers knocks them out of the AFC North lead -- and the playoffs altogether. Baltimore is tied with Indianapolis, Los Angeles, and Buffalo for the final playoff spot in the AFC -- but are No. 8 in the conference. The Ravens lose the tiebreaker over the Colts and Chargers based on win percentage in conference games and lose the tiebreaker to the Bills based on Buffalo having a better record in common games. NFL 2021 playoff picture, standings: Bengals jump back into first in AFC North, Ravens fall out of playoffs - CBSSports.com

"Let me help you with that." Image result for ravens vs bengals images

At the moment it is unknown if Lamar Jackson will start due to a sprained ankle. If he practices today that will be a good sign. After Huntley's excellent game against the Packers we shouldn't be worried if Lamar can't start.

We know the Ravens injury situation and Covid could complicate that this week. Yes, it's not good.

But what is good is every HC's nightmare: the bigmouth player who awakens the sleeping giant in an opponent. Ravens fans, let's have a moment of silence for back up Eli Apples tweet on Lamar; Next week Lamar gone be generous. 

My guess is that Lamar woke up this morning with a fully healed ankle. :gorave: 51 other guys woke up pissed off.

MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJiMDE1NDA4MmM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_UY100_CR30,0,100,100_AL_.jpg "I can now see a Ravens win."

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 cin.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 23.9 26.4
Points Allowed Per Game 22.5 21.6
Total Yards 403.6 373.2
Yards Passing 258.9 264.2
Yards Rushing 144.7 109.0
Yards Allowed 365.4 364.4
Pass Yards Allowed 279.1 268.5
Rush Yards Allowed 86.2 95.9

"I think I can put it back in place." image.jpeg.12f61e5d0b9c3da18a1c5101cb2925f5.jpeg

See the source image

Sadly, I think this finishes the Ravens playoff chances, injuries, illness, just too much to overcome. It's been a great season, a thrilling one too boot with so many games comimg down to the last minute; so close.

Who could have thought a rag tag fugitive team could be so close to greatness?

Can they surprise us as they did last Sunday, pull off a win? They say third time is a charm, but they didn't say a secondary made up of practice squad players... Nor a first year starter at qb, or an injured, off kilter one.. No, we may have charm, but a win in the road against an underachieving Bengals team? That is a lit to ask.

Ravens fall, fall to 8-7, the only question is how will they finish the season? 9-8, 10-7, 8-9

2 hours ago, varaven45 said:

2022 can’t get here soon enough !!!  B

Now, now, now! Remember your Mindfulness practice! :fishin:

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens currently have 7 active players on the reserve/COVDI-19 list:

OLB Justin Houston
OLB Pernell McPhee
WR Sammy Watkins
S Chuck Clark
CB Jimmy Smith
CB Chris Westry
C Trystan Colon”

Five more players added to the covid list; this ain't gonna be pretty.

The Ravens placed five more players on the Reserve/COVID-19 list Wednesday, upping their total to 11 players from the 53-man roster on the list.

Safety Geno Stone, defensive tackle Justin Madubuike and linebackers Chris Board and Kristian Welch were all placed on the list Wednesday, as well as practice squad offensive tackle David Sharpe.

Eventually the message of; next man up grows old, depression sets in, hands go up; they say enough is enough...

I have never seen and never imagined something like this. Only 13 players available for defense.

“Ravens currently have 24 defensive players on the 53-man roster

football13 practiced Wednesday
football2 did not practice
football9 are on reserve/COVID-19 list

Baltimore (8-6) plays at Cincinnati (8-6) with first place on the line Sunday.”

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Lamar Jackson was one of five Ravens players who did not practice Wednesday.

The others:
WR Devin Duvernay (ankle)
OT Tyre Phillips (knee)
G Ben Powers (toe)
CB Tavon Young (concussion)”

Image result for good morning ravens images

Getting real now.....

“For the Ravens, Sunday's game at the Bengals is a must-win, in terms of capturing the AFC North.

With a victory, the Ravens have a 67% chance of winning the AFC North, according to ESPN's Football Power Index.

A loss drops their chances of winning the AFC North to 8.5%.”

Off topic yet something good to know...

Most pro bowl selections by team since 2016

Ravens - 39
Steelers - 37
Saints - 36
Chiefs - 36
Cowboys - 31
Vikings - 30
Seahawks - 29
Eagles - 27
Chargers - 27
Packers - 23
Rams - 23
Titans - 21
Falcons - 21
Colts - 21
Bills - 20
Raiders - 20
Patriots - 19
Bears - 18

1 hour ago, vmax said:

Getting real now.....

“For the Ravens, Sunday's game at the Bengals is a must-win, in terms of capturing the AFC North.

With a victory, the Ravens have a 67% chance of winning the AFC North, according to ESPN's Football Power Index.

A loss drops their chances of winning the AFC North to 8.5%.”

Of course.  They are effectively down 2 games with 2 to go.  Also cincy has to lose out.  Not likely.

It all comes down to Sunday. Put me down as very pessimistic about our chances. The Bengals are psyched up to win the division and they've got the talent to deserve it since most of our core team is out. Just a real shame we've had so many key injuries...Stanley, J.K., Gus, etc., etc.

I hope these guys make it back next year to full effectiveness but I do have some doubts.

On the bright side, if they and Lamar come back at full stride we'll be in great shape.

For once I don’t think we’ll need to concern ourselves with Harbs going for a 2 pt conversion.  This game shouldn’t be close and Cincy wins easy and going away. 

Fwiw- Cincy has been the best team and deserves the AFCN, especially with half of our 53 man roster on IR or COVID. 

Our guys have fought courageously and given us many great moments this season.  Very proud of that and look forward to a healthier season in 22👍

“The Ravens placed TE Josh Oliver on reserve/COVID-19 list, increasing the total number to 12 players.

Here are the others:

S Geno Stone

DT Justin Madubuike

LB C.Board

LB K.Welch

OLB Justin Houston

OLB Pernell McPhee

WR Sammy Watkins

S C.Clark

CB J.Smith

CB Chris Westry

C T.Colon”

Lamar did not practice today. I see no way that they start him. With Huntley and Josh Johnson as the only healthy QB's....I don't know. My gut says let Kamar heal and shake the rust off next week if he can.

“Ravens injury report for Thursday

arrow_downLamar Jackson and Pro Bowl returner Devin Duvernay remain sidelined
arrow_upRT Patrick Mekari upgraded to full practice
arrow_upCB Tavon Young returns to practice
maskS Brandon Stephens dealing with illness”

FHUl3dgWUAsDojI.jpg:large

Edited by vmax

In the midst of another COVID-19 outbreak, the Baltimore Ravens were down to 13 defensive players from their 53-man roster at Wednesday's practice.

"You go from the beginning of the season with our roster to right now, I don't know if we're playing football or the 'Squid Game,'" Ravens defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale said Thursday.Baltimore Ravens down to 13 defensive players for Wednesday's practice due to COVID (espn.com)

Fair play is what the league used to be about. Now instead of rescheduling games to help lower the out break, they do away with testing. Okay, so the inoculated don't get very sick, especially those who are young and healfhy, they will carry it back to their families, friends, people they encounter on their day who may get very sick for one reason or another.

Shut the games down, swallow some profit, this is not fair play.

The games are already barely watchable because of terrible play, horrible officiating, now it will be worse. The Ravens aren't the onky team going through this. Think of the teams hit hard, down to orsctice squad players who have to play on 4 days rest on Saturday after a Tuesday game; for shame NFL, FOR SHAME/rant