ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Foxworth placed on IR

cravnravn

Done for the year, once a player goes to IR after week 1.

Wow, if he's done for the year, that doesn't look good for his future prospects. He should be feeling better by now and looking to come back in October right? I guess we're going with Jimmy smith after the bye huh. Hopefully we take our time and let him heal fully. You start bringing guys back too soon from strained muscles and they just re aggravate!

Maybe we could pull off the rare impactful in season trade???

I'm sick they kept Foxworth and let Wilson go. I'm sure it was a CAP thing My guess is Fox is done as a Raven. They'll reach an injury settlement and move on.

As for Kindle...he's not ready to be on the field...too many guys are better than him and Harbaugh only plays the best guys. It's that simple. This is an elite defense. It's the Ravens defense and unless injuries decimate a position you are not going to get on the field and jeopardize the other 10 men.

One day....maybe...Kindle will be a valuable contributer. Until then, I don't want to see him until the coaching staff thinks he's better than who they have on the field.

I actually think the guys not too bright and that's what is holding him back at this time. He's got the physical tools, but he has to master the mental part of the game.

I'm sick they kept Foxworth and let Wilson go.

Me too. The secondary is the Ravens biggest weakness IMO...pass rush has helped cover it up in week 1 and 3, but only in the same way makeup helps cover up fugliness. At this point we can only hope one of the younger guys steps up.

As for Kindle vs Burgess, they play different positions. Burgess is more of a inside backer and that's what we need right now with Ellerbe hurt.

I'm absolutely disgusted with this move. We could've cut him and moved on before the season, one of Ozzie's rare bad moves.

Yup, he paid Foxy starters money, and he never really helped us, he had a decent stretch the end of the 09 season and thats about it..This is as bad as drafting Boller.

One day....maybe...Kindle will be a valuable contributer. Until then, I don't want to see him until the coaching staff thinks he's better than who they have on the field.

I actually think the guys not too bright and that's what is holding him back at this time. He's got the physical tools, but he has to master the mental part of the game.

Max, you may be spot on about his learning ability. Hopefully, he gets there before the end of the season.

I'm absolutely disgusted with this move. We could've cut him and moved on before the season, one of Ozzie's rare bad moves.

Was it not shown that cutting Foxworth would have resulted in a cap hit and we were tight against the cap as it was.

Whats puzzling is, we IR a DB and sign a LB'er....

I think we signed CB Danny Gorrer from the practice squad and cut Phillips before the Rams game as we were benching Foxworth so it is not a surprise to see them replenish the LB core again. I am a bit surprised they didn't sign a safety though with Nakamura being banged up.

Was it not shown that cutting Foxworth would have resulted in a cap hit and we were tight against the cap as it was.

I think we signed CB Danny Gorrer from the practice squad and cut Phillips before the Rams game as we were benching Foxworth so it is not a surprise to see them replenish the LB core again. I am a bit surprised they didn't sign a safety though with Nakamura being banged up.

I just hear resigning Burgess, was done because Ellerbe, has been slowed by a pulled hamstring.