ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco is part of Ravens' growing problems

cravnravn

"Flacco sleep walked through the first 29 minutes".

BINGO! And how many times have we seen him do this this year? Maybe all of them? Flacco has absolutely no sense of urgency to him. I was watching Andrew Luck walk his team back from their huge deficit yesterday. I watched this kid. I looked at the expression on his face. He was determined to win and he did. He had that sense of urgency that all QB's need to be successful in this league. I have to agree with Geronimo/Rasta on Joe, But, man he doesn't have much to work with either. Even so, he must go from Cool Joe to get his ass in high gear Joe.

As far as this season, I concede at this point. This is not the Ravens year. Like I said before, you can't win them all.

"Flacco sleep walked through the first 29 minutes".

BINGO! And how many times have we seen him do this this year? Maybe all of them? Flacco has absolutely no sense of urgency to him. I was watching Andrew Luck walk his team back from their huge deficit yesterday. I watched this kid. I looked at the expression on his face. He was determined to win and he did. He had that sense of urgency that all QB's need to be successful in this league. I have to agree with Geronimo/Rasta on Joe, But, man he doesn't have much to work with either. Even so, he must go from Cool Joe to get his ass in high gear Joe.

As far as this season, I concede at this point. This is not the Ravens year. Like I said before, you can't win them all.

This season, the Ravens are averaging the lowest YPC of any team since the AFL/NFL merger.

Why would anyone be talking about Flacco?

I think a few on here need a little reminder:

Vinny Testaverde, Eric Zeier, Jim Harbaugh, Scott Mitchell, Stoney Case, Tony Banks, Trent Dilfer, Randall Cunningham, Elvis Grbac, Chris Redman, Jeff Blake, Anthony Wright, Kyle Boller, Steve McNair and Troy Smith.

You don't go back to this when you have found a QB that has been a starter all 5 years in the league and never missed a game. You don't go back to this when under your current QB, your team has never missed the playoffs, has won at least one playoff game every year, played in the AFCCG 3 times and won a Superbowl.

You pay this QB, because if you don't, you know that another team (with a list as bad as the one above, if not worse) sure as shit will pay him.

No way do I want top go through that again.

I think Geronimo wants Jason Campbell to QB the Ravens and the Browns to have Flacco. It would be a wiser use of money that is not his, and until the Ravens get it right, he will be upset.

BTW...I don't like saying this because I love watching Ray Rice and what a great person that he is, but, Ray Rice is done. The NFL mileage has caught up with him. He will never be the same.

He'll be gone after this season. He's lost power, speed and moves....it don't come back.

BTW...I don't like saying this because I love watching Ray Rice and what a great person that he is, but, Ray Rice is done. The NFL mileage has caught up with him. He will never be the same.

He'll be gone after this season. He's lost power, speed and moves....it don't come back.

agreed. At first I wanted to attribute his lackluster performance to the offensive line and play calling, and partially it is that. But also when you watch him run and cut he is just not the same. Last year and previous he would make people look silly trying to tackle him one on one and this year he can't escape anyone. I cant recall a run over 20 yards all season for him. Even his blocking has been sub-par this season.

Another thing I've noticed, especially in the last two games is that our offensive line cannot pick up blitz to save our life. Every third down the formula to beat us is to blitz and we have no answer. The D-ends rush downfield and force flacco step up right into a blitzing linebacker. Clockwork.

Yeah...just go pluck someone else off the franchise QB tree.

Fear.

Trading a QB for picks just after he won the SB and after his sucessful 5 first seasons is insane and you know it. The Ravens would be a laughing stock if they did that. Again, not a big Joe fan but thats really a stupid stupid statement and I think you know it. Youre an ass, but I dont often think you are stupid.

Maybe not your market value, but the market value for the position dictated his salary. Plenty of other QBs in his price range cannot soley carry a team by themselves. Few can.

Unless they didn't run with the lemmings and won.

Amazing the money we have invested in ngata and rice and no production

I wanted the Ravens to redo Ngata in his 2nd yr and get him done real cheap compared to the market. Even with bad play if he was averaging say $4.5 a yr the Ravens would be winning at that spot. I said to trade Rice but that could not be done. RB's dime a dozen and have short life spans.

didn't ngata's deal get pushed so high due to that fool in washington paying that useless DT to much?

Yep I wanted to do the deal before Hayneworth got his.

Jones is playing well. Also Smith has been playing great at LB and he was dirt cheap.

I definitely stand corrected on Daryl Smith. He even shows some fire. Jones I'm not so sure about. I just finished reading a couple of other sports sites that indicate Monroe is 'solid'---but he is only here for this year unless the Ravens do something.

When exactly where we supposed to trade Flacco? This isn't Madden where you sign and trade guys for 1st round picks. We also didn't have the cap room to franchise Joe and trade him either. The only other option was to let him walk and pick up a 3rd round compensatory pick for him.