ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Tomlin Fined 100k but its not over yet

52isUnstoppable

Mike Tomlin stepping onto the field into the path of Ravens kickoff returner Jacoby Jones was a costly mistake — costly to Tomlin now, and possibly costly to the Steelers come draft time.

The NFL has fined Tomlin $100,000 for interfering with a play in progress. And the NFL is still weighing whether to dock draft picks from the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/04/mike-tomlin-fined-100000-steelers-may-lose-draft-picks/

Yeah I know teams use lower picks to do trades...and you can find diamonds in the rough. I still see a 5th round or lower if any. Its Tomlin not Jim Swhartz.

I like Schwartz, hes a local guy who went to St. Joe. He graduated same year as my uncle who now calls the Triple Crown races for NBC. The two of them still text each other.

They aren't going to take any picks if anything they are going to move them back in one of the rounds and that is why they are waiting to see the draft order. If they take a pick it will really show Goodell is out for the steelers as he didn't take one from the fins when their coach actually tripped a guy.

Was there a precedent for it when the Dolphins coach did it? Did the Dolphins coach do it just 1 day after the NFL warned all teams about it?

Surely you see how the NFL could be harsh with the warning the day before.

• Upvote 1

Was there a precedent for it when the Dolphins coach did it? Did the Dolphins coach do it just 1 day after the NFL warned all teams about it?

Surely you see how the NFL could be harsh with the warning the day before.

To me it doesn't matter when the warning came out. The dolphins case was much worse then this one. Their coach lined up reserve players to block the officials view and then actually tripped a guy. It was planned out way in advance so that alone makes it worse. Like I said the only reason they are waiting is because they are going to move them back a round. This isn't spygate where a team was clearly cheating and doing it for awhile and the pats lost 1 pick for that. No way does Goodell want the three biggest owners against him. If he has Snyder, Jones, and the Rooney out to get him he won't be the commissioner very much longer. Any lose of a draft pick will be overboard on the punishment sire and if that happens you can guarantee the steelers will be taking it I front of a judge.

To me it doesn't matter when the warning came out. The dolphins case was much worse then this one. Their coach lined up reserve players to block the officials view and then actually tripped a guy. It was planned out way in advance so that alone makes it worse. Like I said the only reason they are waiting is because they are going to move them back a round. This isn't spygate where a team was clearly cheating and doing it for awhile and the pats lost 1 pick for that. No way does Goodell want the three biggest owners against him. If he has Snyder, Jones, and the Rooney out to get him he won't be the commissioner very much longer. Any lose of a draft pick will be overboard on the punishment sire and if that happens you can guarantee the steelers will be taking it I front of a judge.

Interesting how you feel which team/owner is involved affects the penalty. I think a lot of people might agree with you, but just not be OK with it. All teams and owners need to be treated the same in my opinion.

The teams were warned of it the day before, it kind of looks like a FU to the league that someone did it the next day.

IMO the team needs to be penalized as well as the coach, the team benifitted from the act so the NFL needs to punish them too. You cannot have things like this happening then teams throwing coaches or other personnel under the bus with those individuals taking the full penalty while the team avoids getting penalized itself. I dont really care if its a fine or a pick, but I dont think the league should let the team off.

But yeah, I would be surprised if anything else happens because its the Steelers.

They aren't going to take any picks if anything they are going to move them back in one of the rounds and that is why they are waiting to see the draft order. If they take a pick it will really show Goodell is out for the steelers as he didn't take one from the fins when their coach actually tripped a guy.

There is precedent. I think a pick will be taken.

I like the suggestion in that article that the Steelers give us a pick! :D

That will never happen.

That article is a joke. How is what a "team source" of the Steelers thinks about precedent at all relevant? Why would he include that? It's because he's pulling straws.

I sincerely doubt that the reason they're waiting on draft picks is because of the four points. They're waiting because it's too broad a scale to determine what draft pick (e.g. round) best suits the punishment based on whatever they've assigned to it. If that ends up meaning none at all, then so be it, but Jacoby not scoring on the play is not relevant to that decision.

You know what really gets my goat, That he was fined because of a play that "changed the outcome of the game"

NOW, that might not mean anything to you, but as a gamblin fool as I am, the spread on the Ravens was -3, and of course I bet them. We go on and win by 2, so I lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we should have been awarded the TD.