ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

noon today

GrubberRaven

Suggs is getting extended and his cap number for this year dropped. I'm happy. They could have let him go and done well with Upshaw and Doom, but I think Suggs still has some left in the tank and I still like him as a leader. Also cool to see Suggs recognize the value of staying in Baltimore.

• Upvote 1

Well yea, he wasn't worth 6mil

Yeah, I don't have a problem with that. We needed one year to see what Torrey could turn into and if any of the young guys had it in them.... Unfortunately that wasn't the case, but moving Boldin was the right move with our cap situation.

Suggs is getting extended and his cap number for this year dropped. I'm happy. They could have let him go and done well with Upshaw and Doom, but I think Suggs still has some left in the tank and I still like him as a leader. Also cool to see Suggs recognize the value of staying in Baltimore.

It dropped, yes, but to the level it would have been if they straight out released him and only for one season. Now they carry that same number for each of the next five seasons; what a waste. I am starting to think Ozzie needs to retire.....

It dropped, yes, but to the level it would have been if they straight out released him and only for one season. Now they carry that same number for each of the next five seasons; what a waste. I am starting to think Ozzie needs to retire.....

A little rash there on Ozzie one year off of a Super Bowl win and give straight playoff appearances. Let's see how last year's and this year's draft classes play out.

I am not as inclined to think Suggs has lost it. My thought is he needs discipline. He gained considerable weight as last season went on. He also started pressing for sacks late in the year and started uncharacteristically blowing his run assignments. He was too polar opposite from the elite player the first half of last season and the bad player he was in the second half.

If he averages out the next two or three seasons to something a little below the player we saw in the first half of 2013 then this is a good deal. I'm sure Ozzie had a talk with Suggs about discipline. Which is what the problem is here. If we continue to get an inconsistent player with flashes of brilliance then we cut him after two years and are exactly where we started today. For someone of his ability I think it's a good risk.

A little rash there on Ozzie one year off of a Super Bowl win and give straight playoff appearances. Let's see how last year's and this year's draft classes play out.

I am not as inclined to think Suggs has lost it. My thought is he needs discipline. He gained considerable weight as last season went on. He also started pressing for sacks late in the year and started uncharacteristically blowing his run assignments. He was too polar opposite from the elite player the first half of last season and the bad player he was in the second half.

If he averages out the next two or three seasons to something a little below the player we saw in the first half of 2013 then this is a good deal. I'm sure Ozzie had a talk with Suggs about discipline. Which is what the problem is here. If we continue to get an inconsistent player with flashes of brilliance then we cut him after two years and are exactly where we started today. For someone of his ability I think it's a good risk.

Most would agree with you. However, if you look past, I know we shouldn't, the sucess, last year's Super Bowl was very, very lucky in many ways, as most are, no doubt. However, the past five draft classes have produced little outside of the obvious. While the team has won a lot of games the past six years, the play in the game has not been very good for the most part., I think a lot of it has come down to the play in the NFL, overall, is poor.

But he is a HOF GM no doubt, I just think it might be time, and again, not just because of this move, that may or may not work out, rather because of many moves over the past few years that says we need a fresher set of eyes.

Never developed a wide out, the line is a constant issue, has been for ever with this team, JO and Big Ed aside. Yes, we can point to Lewis, Reed, JO and say, how many GM's drafted 3 Hall of Fame players and kept them on the team for a majority if not all of their careers; not many.

Just look at the "busts" for lack of a better term. High draft picks that have been busts, first day, rounds 1-3 lately. Smith and Rice worked out, Smith still has a ways to go before he is a true wide out, Rice may be on his way down. Jimmy Smith, a penalty wiating to happen, Upshaw, has this year to prove him self or he will be gone. Cody, a waste of space. Really diving into the past few years we can see a decline in quality of play by the very players, role players, needed to make things work.

It's just my fague opinion and realize is out of the box..... Food for thought...

It's tough to draft well when you're at or near the bottom of the round like we've been the last 5 years. This year we've got a solid drafting slot. Let's see how Oz does this year before we rate him.

That is so true, finding good value in the late 20's is not an easy find.

I still trust in Oz

If you trade old men to sorry teams then you can draft earlier.

It takes 2 too Tango. You need to find a sorry team willing to give up draft picks for that old player. That isn't so easy. We traded an old man in Boldin last offseason and netted a 6th round pick. By your reckoning a sorry team should have been offering a 1st or 2nd round pick for him.

I'm glad you are not the GM. The fanbase would hate you for trading away all the decent players for draft picks that may or may not work out. Players would hate you because as soon as it became time for them to get paid you would be trying to trade them away.

This isn't Madden. The trades you make in Madden won't work in RL. The players you draft in Madden won't develop on the same linear scale in RL.

• Upvote 1