ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Steve Smith a Raven?

cravnravn

Would you guys rather have....

Steve Smith on the cheap - One year player, can still put up ok #s for a #2... maybe mentor the young'ins. Possible still draft another WR

or

Edelman- comes at a higher price. Much younger and higher upside over Smith. May not need to draft a WR.. and focus on other areas

Steve Smith on the cheap - One year player, can still put up ok #s for a #2... maybe mentor the young'ins. Possible still draft another WR

or

Edelman- comes at a higher price. Much younger and higher upside over Smith. May not need to draft a WR.. and focus on other areas

i'd rather have Smith and use him in the slot, he's not a #2 outside wr at the point, i think he's more valuable at slot and gives you leadership and passion, you still draft a wr though and have Steve Smith mentor him.

or

Both too short for what Ozzie is looking for according to his presser.....He wants a tall wr that can go up and get the ball and get yac, so that eliminates all the shorties like Golden Tate and the 2 above....Decker is ideal, but gonna be expensive, and Nicks is a grab bag, just don't know what you're getting, Rice, Britt, Meachum etc.....Decker is the only one that stands out, and Nicks if healthy, but as usual Ozzie knows more than we do, thank God....lol

I think Edelman is a product of Brady. I think whoever signs him will be sorry for it.

I won't say I'm 100% with you on this but I'm leaning that way. I'm not sold on Edelman.

Smith is old. He's a short term answer. He Will be motivated. He's a small Boldin at this point but maybe he's worth a shot if we are going to go for it in the draft also with a WR.

I won't say I'm 100% with you on this but I'm leaning that way. I'm not sold on Edelman.

Smith is old. He's a short term answer. He Will be motivated. He's a small Boldin at this point but maybe he's worth a shot if we are going to go for it in the draft also with a WR.

Hes a heck of alot faster then Boldin, and always seems to be open, hes Cams go to guy..Id say he has 1-2 more productive years in his tank.

Faster but not as fast as he used to be and he's smaller and no one has man catches like Boldin consistently. Still viable in the short term. But that means you have to continue looking for a younger guy too.

Hes a heck of alot faster then Boldin, and always seems to be open, hes Cams go to guy..Id say he has 1-2 more productive years in his tank.

Not sure why this Steve Smith talk is happening. As you can see on Spotrac, the Panthers lose $2 Million by cutting him, that won't happen. They could trade him, but we can't afford him at $7 Million... and I know he's a fan favorite down there, they won't deal him for a 6th rounder.

I would've loved Nicks but he had an interview recently and failed to mention Flacco as somebody he wanted to play with, whilst mentioning almost every other QB of a team in need of a WR. Must think he's overrated.

Not a fan of Edelman. Like many have said, Brady created him and his injuries worry me.

There aren't many other options, so my ideal WR plan is thus:

• Resign Jacoby.
  • Sign Kenny Britt
  • Draft somebody in the 2nd/3rd round

I feel comfortable with Jacoby and/or Marlon as the #3 WR. Britt should come on the cheap and could breakout. If not, we cut him and we aren't totally fucked. Hopefully the Rookie can step up either way.

I get that. The Ravens woudl only have to pay $4mil.

I would rather resign Jacoby than pay 4mil for a one trick old pony.....At least JJ is a double threat with returns and reciever.....Smith is tough and a real gamer but don't look for Ozzie to waste money on a "maybe he will help player" at this point in his career......

It's either Decker, Nicks, or a bargain buy for Ozzie.....If he was going small man reciever, Golden Tate would be my pick....Ozzie has something going on right now, you can count on it.....

If it were between JJ and Smith Steve wins every time. Return guys are not that hard to find. Chain movers are much harder.

I don't agree. JJ is not only the best returner we've ever had, but the only substantial one we've had since Jermaine Lewis....And Lewis was a return guy only, he sucked at wr, JJ is a playmaker at both positions and he is still in his prime....We have TS, Pitta, Marlon and JJ to move the chains and they certainly can....With an Oline that can give Joe time enough to say hike without getting sacked, you will see a potent offense this yr under Kubes......He's a real OC.....