ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Steve Smith a Raven?

cravnravn

It was kind of the perfect storm for Edelman. Last offseason he might have been the 4th best receiver....... Pats lose Welker, Gronk's injured, and Hernandez gets arrested. Instantly he's the #1 in a contract year.

He is still in town, after getting in last night and meeting with some of the coaches.... Meanwhile in the bat cave, they are speaking with Eldeman's reprs as well.....

I personally think that if he leaves here without a deal, it's over.....Ozzie ain't waiting on him to go shopping, he's not Jerry Rice....

I personally think that if he leaves here without a deal, it's over.....Ozzie ain't waiting on him to go shopping, he's not Jerry Rice....

True, Ozzie will make his pitch and leave it that given his age and even his size. Smith offers, even at his age, the quickness the offense needs from the slot. They have speed but no quickness. Edelman has some quick feet, but still struggles to get off press coverage. Frankly, I would rather they just wait it out and draft. Another thing Smith brings is his ability to block, well, something missing from the receivers....

Exactly. Fast Freddy was the one who prematurely leaked the erroneous news on the Foreskins snagging Sproles. We know how that one worked out !

He was misquoted, what he said was that the Skins were going hard after Sproles as a free agent, not to trade for, they have little to no draft picks....

Smith has said he would love to play here, that this was one of the teams he wanted to join; thus Adam's statement that Baltimore is a front runner.

That is the multi million dollar question....He already stated that he will always be a Carolina Panther in his heart...That concerns me because that's what Steve McNair said about Tenn, and he clearly did not want to be here....It showed in his play on the field too....

Hopefully this will turn out different though.....I thought I saw on NFL that they signed the guy I thought was a better option, James Jones, not sure though....just thinking out loud, off to bed for the oldie now....lol

Yeah, hard to tell. If the price is low he's probably worth the risk. He was fantastic in his prime. And he wasn't really that shabby last year.

Steve McNair gave us a pretty good year until his demons caught up with him.

demons? Do you mean the fact that he was beat up and was just a shell of his former self? Steve put all he had left in that first yr and just didn't have enough to finish and not much the next yr. his demons were what killed him. We needed Steve a couple yrs before we actually got him. Smith should be good for 2 good yrs. enough time to find a replacement

Not sure why this Steve Smith talk is happening. As you can see on Spotrac, the Panthers lose $2 Million by cutting him, that won't happen. They could trade him, but we can't afford him at $7 Million... and I know he's a fan favorite down there, they won't deal him for a 6th rounder.

now do you see why all the Steve Smith talk was happening, and i thought they weren't going to cut him. I'm stoked, Steve Smith is the shot in the arm this team needs.