ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Steve Smith a Raven?

cravnravn

He averages 3 catches per game for 12yrds/catch, for a #2 that's horrible. The only 100 yard game was against the Jets were he caught one for 66 yards.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jacoby+jones&oq=jacoby&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.3401j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#expnd=1&q=jacoby+jones+season+stats

JJ is a great PR/KR but that's it. Teams got smart last year and were playing 2 deep safeties. Take away the deep route and he's been useless as a WR.

JJ is a playmaker period....take away those key catches and returns and we wouldn't have gotten past Denver in our SB run....Pros even said he should have been the MVP of the SB, I don't agree but he was close....Smith is an aging undersized wr that has seen his best days drift behind him now....We don't need to let a productive double threat player like JJ walk for a one dimensional old wr that probably won't make it thru a whole season....IMO

Steve Smith Will Go Elsewhere (1:29 p.m.)[/size]Wide receiver Steve Smith’s agent told The Baltimore Sun’s Aaron Wilson that his client will be “throwing on a jersey for another team to be named soon.” Wilson said the Ravens are expected to “[/size]closely monitor” the situation.[/size]

Welcome to Baltimore Steve !!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Actually I think he was better last yr as a WR than at anytime in his career. He was catching a good number of balls for the last half of the season.

I agree. He was better and if he hadn't been run into during the first game if the yr, it would have been an even better yr. I'd like us to keep him. We can still add to the receiving corps. I think JJ caught some nice intermediate balls and the guy is just a big play waiting to happen. With a good Oline and safeties 2 deep, the run game should flourish.

I don't know how much Smith has left, but we will absolutely get 110% of it if he signs here. I was immediately hesitant at first, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea.

Short term, I agree

I don't know how much Smith has left, but we will absolutely get 110% of it if he signs here. I was immediately hesitant at first, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea.

I like him too, Money....But I wouldn't give up JJ for him and that looks the be scenario ,should we get Steve....

I believe JJ is far more valuable to us than Steve and I'm sure Ozzie knows it, and has a plan....There is an offer on the table for JJ, he's gonna check the market and Ozzie is gonna resign him if someone don't go slap drunk crazy with their money and buy him.....Al's dead so we might be safe...lol......

I don't agree. JJ is not only the best returner we've ever had, but the only substantial one we've had since Jermaine Lewis....And Lewis was a return guy only, he sucked at wr, JJ is a playmaker at both positions and he is still in his prime....We have TS, Pitta, Marlon and JJ to move the chains and they certainly can....With an Oline that can give Joe time enough to say hike without getting sacked, you will see a potent offense this yr under Kubes......He's a real OC.....

Agree. I want Jones and I think he'll be back after he determines his value on the market.

Agree. I want Jones and I think he'll be back after he determines his value on the market.

Wow, no sooner said than done....

Ravens hang onto Jacoby Jones for four more years
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 12, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT

jacoby-jones.jpg?w=243Getty Images

The Ravens continue an impressive offseason of hanging onto their own.

The team just announced they had agreed to a new four-year contract with wide receiver Jacoby Jones.

JJ is a playmaker period....take away those key catches and returns and we wouldn't have gotten past Denver in our SB run....Pros even said he should have been the MVP of the SB, I don't agree but he was close....Smith is an aging undersized wr that has seen his best days drift behind him now....We don't need to let a productive double threat player like JJ walk for a one dimensional old wr that probably won't make it thru a whole season....IMO

Yeah Smith is aging but he always plays harder than 95% of the league. For a yr or two he would be a good get.

I agree. He was better and if he hadn't been run into during the first game if the yr, it would have been an even better yr. I'd like us to keep him. We can still add to the receiving corps. I think JJ caught some nice intermediate balls and the guy is just a big play waiting to happen. With a good Oline and safeties 2 deep, the run game should flourish.

I just look at it as a player tends to stay what they are all through their career. Being a contract yr he could revert back to what he normally is.

I love the idea of Edelman..... but who knows if anyone not named Brady,Rodgers,Manning or Brees and get him those numbers he had last year. I'd rather we have Smith for a fraction of the cost and put the extra $$$ towards Mack

• Downvote 1

I love the idea of Edelman..... but who knows if anyone not named Brady,Rodgers,Manning or Brees and get him those numbers he had last year. I'd rather we have Smith for a fraction of the cost and put the extra $$$ towards Mack

Couldn't agree more, esp. on Mack.

Very much agree with this. I love Joe, but he is not accurate enough to methodically play pitch and catch with Edelman.

• Upvote 1