ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

General Musings thread

Spen

This will be the last time I let the Mrs handle it, she went to the store and decided all by herself that she was tired of stainless steel. So she purchased a white stove..Sooooooo that means the microwave, frig, dishwasher sink and faucets have to be replaced..

Im onto her game, Ive been hinting that Id like to buy a pontoon boat and this is her way of delaying it..

I just had to replace our washing machine. Out of no where it started sounding like sometime was inside it with a chainsaw while they revved a motorcycle. We went with a Kenmore.

We bought those Maytag Epic z's You talk about some sweet washing machine, It spins so fast that the clothes are almost dry when they come out, I know my electric bill went down 20 a month after we purchased them.

We bought those Maytag Epic z's You talk about some sweet washing machine, It spins so fast that the clothes are almost dry when they come out, I know my electric bill went down 20 a month after we purchased them.

Not sure how it will affect our bill yet but our clothes are really dry coming out of the new washer. Its a longer, but supposedly more efficient, wash cycle but we must be cutting drying times by a 3rd.

20 years ago I bought a Kenmore washer and dryer. Plain white from the scratch and dent section of Sears. I got a super duty model knowing the family would increase and that it would get a ton of use and abuse. As the kids grew, they did their own laundry and typically over loaded it.

It lasted 20 years! The dryer is still going strong.

7 months ago I had to get a new washer and was too busy to get it myself. I had my daughter shop and she purchased an LG that is so loaded with features it's insane. You actually want to watch it work it's that cool. We'll see how it holds up, but it has great ratings and is supposed to use up only $16 of energy a year with natural gas hot water.....probably double that with this family.

New stove is up next....then refrig.

Not sure how it will affect our bill yet but our clothes are really dry coming out of the new washer. Its a longer, but supposedly more efficient, wash cycle but we must be cutting drying times by a 3rd.

My parents got us some nice LG washing and dryers when we bought our house. Quite nice, quiet, chill features including steaming... And no issues that I feared going with a company not totally known for their home appliances.

I have heard good things about LG appliances. I really just went along for this purchase. My wife was armed with her Consumer Reports and picked out one. I couldnt get excited about washer shopping. Now if the TV broke, not that I want it to, I could have some fun researching that and picking one out. Washer? Blah!

I fear this might be the first of many appliance purchases in the near future for me. The house is 14 years old and all the appliances are original. The dishwasher rack is rusting away, but so far it still works. Oven is a piece of junk but still works.

• Upvote 1

I have heard good things about LG appliances. I really just went along for this purchase. My wife was armed with her Consumer Reports and picked out one. I couldnt get excited about washer shopping. Now if the TV broke, not that I want it to, I could have some fun researching that and picking one out. Washer? Blah!

I fear this might be the first of many appliance purchases in the near future for me. The house is 14 years old and all the appliances are original. The dishwasher rack is rusting away, but so far it still works. Oven is a piece of junk but still works.

I hate picking out any appliance, they're a pain in the ass, and who ever invented a side by side should be strung up and beat with a wet noodle.

Now let me go wild with a John Deere riding mower, grill, generators, power washers and the tool dept, and Im happy

• Upvote 1

I hate picking out any appliance, they're a pain in the ass, and who ever invented a side by side should be strung up and beat with a wet noodle.

Now let me go wild with a John Deere riding mower, grill, generators, power washers and the tool dept, and Im happy

Sounds about right to me although my land isn't big enough for a ride on mower. I did spend a couple of days last month researching longer power washer hoses and trying to find a good price online as well as the best type of rubber. I just got my new hose in when the hose that is attached to the lance got a big hole in it. Only way to replace the part is to buy a new hose gun! Damn thing cost about half the price of a new power washer!

Now if the TV broke, not that I want it to, I could have some fun researching that and picking one out. Washer? Blah!

Now you are talking. With the World Cup on at the moment, there is so much new TV advertising at the moment trying to get you to upgrade to a 55" that will do everything except cook and clean for you. There is nothing wrong with the one I have but it's not new and it's not 55" (so I guess there are actually 2 things wrong!)

Sounds about right to me although my land isn't big enough for a ride on mower. I did spend a couple of days last month researching longer power washer hoses and trying to find a good price online as well as the best type of rubber. I just got my new hose in when the hose that is attached to the lance got a big hole in it. Only way to replace the part is to buy a new hose gun! Damn thing cost about half the price of a new power washer!

You can connect two hoses to give you a 50 footer, thats what I had to do when washing down our log home every other year..Now with the Home Depot or Lowes power washer dont go beyond 50 ft of hose the engine is not powerful enough to keep up with the constant 2600 PSI water stream you are wanting. :thumbup:

Perry also just compared homosexuality to alcoholism... And stood behind it when given the chance to rethink his language.

Pretty much said, You may be genetically inclined to drink but you don't have to... And the same applies to bring gay.